Pheu Thai Party: PM's resignation against Constitution

webfact

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pheu Thai executives would also travel up-country to explain the statement to the locals themselves, he said.

What he meant was:

The Pheu Thai executives would also travel up-country to start their election campaigning early and to explain to the locals what democracy and the consitution mean in the world according to Thaksin because they are too stupid to figure things out for themselves.

More like they are afraid that the people are smart enough to figure it out so they must confuse the issue for them; make them have doubts.

"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull shit"

Prompong why aren't you in jail ?

Why aren't most of PT, the DP, PDRC and UDD all in jail?

Incompetent or corrupt law enforcement and court system would be my bet.

They are the corrupt, incompetent law enforcement and court system.. or did you just arrive off a boat?

That was my point coffee1.gif

Like all civilized people, I arrive in Thailand by plane under the influence of fine vodka

Pls explain the difference between a normal vodka and a fine vodka. Is it that 40% proof in a non-fine vodka doesn't blow your brain away as fast as a fine 40% vodka? I'm no vodka connoisseur, but I know a man who is:

In the Thai tradition, I'll give you a letter: "C"

" The Pheu Thai executives would also travel up-country to explain the statement to the locals themselves, he said. "

Good luck, because they don't even understand it themselves. Nothing Pheu Thai says and does is in sync with each other. On the one hand, they say they'll study Abhisit's proposal, and on the other hand they already dismiss it as unconstitutional. It's not unconstitutional. Everything in the Abhisit plan is constitutional because the mechanism that Abhisit is referring to regarding the removal of a prime minister is found already in the constitution - for these very specific set of circumstances - i.e. the lack of a parliamentary quorum. Through the constitution there is a pathway - if there is a quorum-less parliament - of nominating a prime minister through the Senate. Abhisit is absolutely right, because it's already in the constitution ! Pheu Thai are now arguing against the very document they feign to understand. What they ought to have dismissed out of hand was not Abhisit's proposal - which remains the singular best means to avoid a crisis - and to instead to dismiss out of hand the proposal Prompong officially accepted for Pheu Thai's consideration today by a faction of the UDD - that not only called upon the Yingluck administration to reject the Constitutional Court ruling, but to remove all nine judges of the Constitutional Court, and replace them with new judges. That is the proposal that Prompong and Pheu Thai think is worthy of consideration and study. And that most definitely is the path to chaos.

The question is why can't a Prime minister resign , the PTP are a load of self serving bigots that do not want reforms. Abhisit has good people around him ,they all know the constitution.

Abhisit should have done his reforms when he was PM, but he did nothing than chasing Taksin.

Second, who are the good people around him ? You might mean the army who stated the coup so they could later put Abhisit on the Pm chair.... I hope they put this bloke (Abhisit) in jail for the killings in 2010 as he was an not-elected (by the people) PM who , together with that good people around him , killed innocent people just because they where against him.

Was Yingluck elected by the people?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That was my point coffee1.gif

Like all civilized people, I arrive in Thailand by plane under the influence of fine vodka

Pls explain the difference between a normal vodka and a fine vodka. Is it that 40% proof in a non-fine vodka doesn't blow your brain away as fast as a fine 40% vodka? I'm no vodka connoisseur, but I know a man who is:

In the Thai tradition, I'll give you a letter: "C"

Vodka is 80% proof. whistling.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

" The Pheu Thai executives would also travel up-country to explain the statement to the locals themselves, he said. "

Good luck, because they don't even understand it themselves. Nothing Pheu Thai says and does is in sync with each other. On the one hand, they say they'll study Abhisit's proposal, and on the other hand they already dismiss it as unconstitutional. It's not unconstitutional. Everything in the Abhisit w00t.gif is constitutional because the mechanism that Abhisit is referring to regarding the removal of a prime minister is found already in the constitution - for these very specific set of circumstances - i.e. the lack of a parliamentary quorum. Through the constitution there is a pathway - if there is a quorum-less parliament - of nominating a prime minister through the Senate. Abhisit is absolutely right, because it's already in the constitution ! Pheu Thai are now arguing against the very document they feign to understand. What they ought to have dismissed out of hand was not Abhisit's proposal - which remains the singular best means to avoid a crisis - and to instead to dismiss out of hand the proposal Prompong officially accepted for Pheu Thai's consideration today by a faction of the UDD - that not only called upon the Yingluck administration to reject the Constitutional Court ruling, but to remove all nine judges of the Constitutional Court, and replace them with new judges. That is the proposal that Prompong and Pheu Thai think is worthy of consideration and study. And that most definitely is the path to chaos.

The question is why can't a Prime minister resign , the PTP are a load of self serving bigots that do not want reforms. Abhisit has good people around him ,they all know the constitution.

Abhisit should have done his reforms when he was PM, but he did nothing than chasing Taksin.

Second, who are the good people around him ? You might mean the army who stated the coup so they could later put Abhisit on the Pm chair.... I hope they put this bloke (Abhisit) in jail for the killings in 2010 as he was an not-elected (by the people) PM who , together with that good people around him , killed innocent people just because they where against him.

Ikke...... go back to sleep please or say something usefull... did you check your IQ lately.. and Abhisit was elected by MPs who were elected by the people to speak for them... Don't believe your Issan wife for Gods sake.. what is it when you stick a needle in you finger...Ehhh,,, now I remember that word.. w00t.gif

• Like 1

I just moved to Phuket with my husband of 40 years. Retired here from Australia and I wanted to join a forum that allowed me to connect with the happenings of Thailand. Seems that I may have made a wrong decision after absorbing the political content and seeing what goes on here.

Seems that both sides of politics are terrible examples of democracy.

I came from a state in Australia where Barry O'Farrell resigned as the premier because of a bottle of wine that would be perceived as a bribe. A state where Mike Gallacher has resigned as police and justice minister because of an investigation of his alleged role involving corruption. Everyone agreed they did the right thing.

I may be an old duck, but that comes with old fashioned values. No one in NSW defended the actions of these people for valiantly resigning. In fact the Australia PM commended them for resigning even though Barry was of the same political party as him.

I have only been retired in Thailand for 9 weeks and I already miss Australia as does my husband. We knew nothing of this corruption and the blind defense of it before we came to Phuket.

And with due respect some forum members should be ashamed of themselves for defending the corrupt happenings of either side and respect the law.

My grandson in Australia doesn't respect the law and he says the courts are biased after he went to jail for insider trading. I told him he needs to be accountable and respect the rules lest he find himself in mischief again. He has learnt after 14 months and I hope the people in Thai politics learn too.

Thanks for listening.

Enid, you come from a country which is easily the most corrupt country in the western world.. if you cannot stand the heat Blah Blah Blah.. and don't forget to take Fido with you..!clap2.gif

well, Abhisit, Suthep, and their yellow shirt supporters will have none of that.

democracy, the constitution, the law, elections, justice... are 2nd class citizens who they will have no qualms subjugating in their all consuming priority, their irrational and childish pursuit of Thaksin.

Stick with Mr T and the PTP, lemon boy, you totally deserve them.

I support the democratic process and the rule of law and the people right to excersise their voting rights.

I'm afraid it's you, lemon boy, who along with suthep and the rest has the obsession with thaksin, not me.

I think the "lemon boy" thing only works one way .. he was referring to manao, moonao...!!

that childish namecallers thai isn't very good then. moonao is rotten pig. he will probably be delighted to hear that.

This entire conflict has gone from ridiculous to worse. On one side we have the current government, if it can be called one now, swearing that the PM cannot resign -- which is baldly untrue. On the other side we have a "reform" group seeking to consolidate power because the voters do not like snobs who ignore their needs and waltz through the courts to unheard music.

Guys, picking sides in this fiasco is asinine. If these two groups are the only options for voters, no wonder the country is on the verge of becoming even more idiotic.

Stability is tantamount, and utterly lacking. When succession becomes a real issue, an increasingly more current likelihood, the situation will turn from bad to worse.

The TVM poo haters and red apologists are all of the same cloth, waving their football team's flag and ignoring the failings of their chosen team.

Sophistry of the worst intellectually cowardice possible! Obfuscation of the group think! Charlatans! Liars! Self-involved lazy worms demanding links for proof of anything you cannot accept and then silent pretense when such are provided !

This mess will touch your lives, oh ivory tower arm chair quarterbacks. This conflict will spill over into your own living rooms.

• Like 1

The Pheu Thai spokesman called on the prime minister to adhere to laws by remaining in office, saying she might face legal actions if she resigned according to Section 181 of the Constitution.

Adhere to the laws?? w00t.gif a tad selective about the law, aren't we boys? ............... .and who would bring legal action against her?/ Ah, yes...a threat from PTP.bah.gif

So what you are saying is that the Pt does not comply with the law? But your beloved suthep and abhisit do?????? You must have a strange idea of the law. Like it is good for one but not good for everyone.

I'm no constitution expert but it seems to me, these people use the constituition as an excuse when it benefits them and ignore it completely when it doesn't, bah.gif

...and if you read section 181 and it refers you section 180, which then refers you to section 182....you basically see that Yingy can resign if she wants....so the gentleman is wrong....just more propaganda

The corrupt leading the corrupt

Amazing Thailand

...wait.....they do this in the US as well!

The Pheu Thai spokesman called on the prime minister to adhere to laws by remaining in office, saying she might face legal actions if she resigned according to Section 181 of the Constitution.

Adhere to the laws?? w00t.gif a tad selective about the law, aren't we boys? ............... .and who would bring legal action against her?/ Ah, yes...a threat from PTP.bah.gif

So what you are saying is that the Pt does not comply with the law? But your beloved suthep and abhisit do?????? You must have a strange idea of the law. Like it is good for one but not good for everyone.

So PT are no thieves because the others are also thieves?

So you support the notion that no one obey the law? Or that obeying the law is conditional on rival obeying the law?

well, Abhisit, Suthep, and their yellow shirt supporters will have none of that.

democracy, the constitution, the law, elections, justice... are 2nd class citizens who they will have no qualms subjugating in their all consuming priority, their irrational and childish pursuit of Thaksin.

Sick and boring- repetitive reply last ditch propping up of PTP.

Seems to me anyone in pursuit of reds is wrong, and Thaksin is a 1st class citizen ????

You will soon qualify for the PTP Xmas party, free ticket---keep these posts going you have tremendous TVF support.

Well gin, he could come to my soi now and have his dog or his girlfriend vaccinated against rabies. It's his preference depending on which one bites the most. The PTP are really in a gift giving mood at the moment. He should take advantage of it while it lasts.

He could come to my soi and get castrated for free. Just a thought. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Seems to me anyone in pursuit of reds is wrong, and Thaksin is a 1st class citizen ????

You will soon qualify for the PTP Xmas party, free ticket---keep these posts going you have tremendous TVF support.

Well gin, he could come to my soi now and have his dog or his girlfriend vaccinated against rabies. It's his preference depending on which one bites the most. The PTP are really in a gift giving mood at the moment. He should take advantage of it while it lasts.

He could come to my soi and get castrated for free. Just a thought.

sigh. you three stalkers need to get a life.

I just moved to Phuket with my husband of 40 years. Retired here from Australia and I wanted to join a forum that allowed me to connect with the happenings of Thailand. Seems that I may have made a wrong decision after absorbing the political content and seeing what goes on here.

I came from a state in Australia where Barry O'Farrell resigned as the premier because of a bottle of wine that would be perceived as a bribe. A state where Mike Gallacher has resigned as police and justice minister because of an investigation of his alleged role involving corruption. Everyone agreed they did the right thing.

I may be an old duck, but that comes with old fashioned values. No one in NSW defended the actions of these people for valiantly resigning. In fact the Australia PM commended them for resigning even though Barry was of the same political party as him.

I have only been retired in Thailand for 9 weeks and I already miss Australia as does my husband. We knew nothing of this corruption and the blind defense of it before we came to Phuket.

And with due respect some forum members should be ashamed of themselves for defending the corrupt happenings of either side and respect the law.

My grandson in Australia doesn't respect the law and he says the courts are biased after he went to jail for insider trading. I told him he needs to be accountable and respect the rules lest he find himself in mischief again. He has learnt after 14 months and I hope the people in Thai politics learn too.

Thanks for listening.

Enid, you come from a country which is easily the most corrupt country in the western world.. if you cannot stand the heat Blah Blah Blah.. and don't forget to take Fido with you..!clap2.gif

Oh dear, I hope I didn't offend you.

The heat is unbearable in Phuket but we have air conditioning so it helps. My husband had to go to the hospital today though for heat stoke.

Who is Fido?

I don't understand why Australia is the most corrupt country in the western world. I never witnessed the corruption it in my 75 years.

This site says Australia is not corrupt either. http://www.transparency.org/country#AUS

Can you provide some info to show me why you think it is corrupt. I don't doubt your knowledge, but I would like to see why you think this.

Take care and enjoy Thailand.

Edited by Enid

He could come to my soi and get castrated for free. Just a thought.

sigh. you three stalkers need to get a life.

As a reply --you need to grow up and stop the childish lost cause posts---on here just to stir up trouble for posters who retaliate to your OTT pro (loveThaksin) posts.

Thanks for listening.

Oh dear, I hope I didn't offend you.

The heat is unbearable in Phuket but we have air conditioning so it helps. My husband had to go to the hospital today though for heat stoke.

Who is Fido?

I don't understand why Australia is the most corrupt country in the western world. I never witnessed the corruption it in my 75 years.

This site says Australia is not corrupt either. http://www.transparency.org/country#AUS

Can you provide some info to show me why you think it is corrupt. I don't doubt your knowledge, but I would like to see why you think this.

Take care and enjoy Thailand.

Enid dear, we have posters on TVF that do tend to be OTT, I get slated by about 7 hardcore because I agree that a undemocratic government should step down,

but I have rights and wrongs drummed into me by my gran and mam. Smile rather than be offended. Enjoy here and drink oodles of cool water, and cool showers. ginjag.

• Like 1