Metal to Glass Glue

nivram4491

you could try clear silicone glue for aquariums. Araldite (pack A and B) is also good for this sort of thing, provided it's not meant to flex.

• Like 2

Just use a clear silicone sealant.

It allows a little flexibility when joining materials with different expansion coefficients.

Glue simply hardens and cracks

Yes I'd agree with you on this, as Silicone will flex.

The twin pack I mentioned should be Pack A and pack B. However it will not flex,

Thanks for the advice. I thought clear silicone would work but wasn't completely sure. Silicone wasn't used originally as it was a hard glue with no flex. Perhaps that's why the original glue failed. I'll try clear silicone and see how it goes.

Thanks for the advice. I thought clear silicone would work but wasn't completely sure. Silicone wasn't used originally as it was a hard glue with no flex. Perhaps that's why the original glue failed. I'll try clear silicone and see how it goes.

If you try silicone make sure it is the neutral cure version( the one for bathrooms) as the acidic cure doesn't stick well to glass.

• Like 1

The silicone appears to have worked. Of course I won't really know until 6 months or so down the track.

I let the silicone cure for 24 hours before removing the support keeping the two surfaces being bonded together.

The silicone appears to have worked. Of course I won't really know until 6 months or so down the track.

I let the silicone cure for 24 hours before removing the support keeping the two surfaces being bonded together.

Yup, the one for aquaria which is probably the neutral cure one is amazingly strong.

I've seen quite a large aquarium bonded with nothing else but this.