Rawai Vip Villas - beautiful pool villas in the prime location for sale

Phuket9

By the way my son just completed a subdivision of residential land n Australia for me in 2013 and the blocks i wanted to sell

were all sold in under two weeks at asking price, the ones i have left i could sell tommorow if i wanted to, i have buyers waiting

and want first preference if and when i decide to sell them,and i do not have your knowledge about real estate and how to work out values thumbsup.gif

Well, bully for you rolleyes.gif

Go check yourself. The land is more expensive where the Phuket9 development is than Soi Namjai. This is because it is closer to the sea, bars and restaurants. It's a very easy concept to grasp.

What you personally think has no bearing on reality.

I believe the saying is, "Location, Location, Location." :)

The fact is, the land is more expensive where the Phuket9 development is. This is something you seem to fail to grasp.

Doesn't matter what you and I think. If it is more expensive, then it is considered more desirable.

Don't believe me, check for yourself, or, check some web-sites.

Yes, I agree, real estate values are established the same way everywhere in the world. Location, location, location. Guess what, the Phuket9 location is more desirable that Soi Namjai, if it wasn't, land would be cheaper.

@ NKL: nobody is valuing anything here except you. So stop banging on about something only you're interested in, because you have done the same in Australia (BTW, we're on Phuket now).

So you are happy to pay the asking price here,the majority of people want to know the real value if they intend buying

Not the prices asked ,it take years for the property to get capitol gains or gain in value as a lot of newbie buyers have found out

People are not happy if they own a property for a period of time and have to sell it at a loss as many did after the recession hit

and they had to leave Thailand

I am a potential buyer and you are not, so i will not pay more than its true value, maybe you would

I prefer houses a few years old to buy so you can check for structural problems, seen plenty of houses 4 to 6 years old full of

cracks some so bad the only way to fix the problem is demolish the building

Now all the new buildings i have seen recently are cement rendered breeze blocks even the pools in some developments are

made of breeze blocks not concrete with reinforcing bar called rebar i can only imagine the structurall problems in a few years time

In plans aproved by govt here rebar is supposed to be used in the concrete, but the builders regularly use mild steel round which is

useless for reinforcing concrete but cheap

The only people here who only use rebar make the motorcycle side cars, if they usedthe cheaper mild steel round the sidecars would not last a day

Edited by nedkellylives

Speaking of Russians, they don't by from me, I am Ukrainian smile.png

Andrey Kozhushnyy CEO at Phuket9 Co., Ltd., 085-575-3300

"I am Ukrainian" - maybe now, but for how much longer? :)

Yes, I wonder too... but hopefully in 1 year I am Thai :) Edited by Phuket9

@ NKL: nobody is valuing anything here except you. So stop banging on about something only you're interested in, because you have done the same in Australia (BTW, we're on Phuket now).

How can you put a value on something that you can not officially own in Thailand???? cheesy.gif

How can you put a value on something that you can not officially own in Thailand???? cheesy.gif

My wife can own unlike you i do not care if the properties purchased here are in her name, they are for her anyway as a investment

My children and their children are fine financially and will not miss out, i worked at least 70 hours a week untill i could retire and never worry about

money again no matter what happens, If i had retired at 50 i would never have had the financial security i wanted or my people to have as well wai2.gif

You cannot take it with you but you can make sure the people you want to have it get it without conditions

The fact is, the land is more expensive where the Phuket9 development is. This is something you seem to fail to grasp.

Doesn't matter what you and I think. If it is more expensive, then it is considered more desirable.

Don't believe me, check for yourself, or, check some web-sites.

Yes, I agree, real estate values are established the same way everywhere in the world. Location, location, location. Guess what, the Phuket9 location is more desirable that Soi Namjai, if it wasn't, land would be cheaper.

The fact is that the estate is not beach front and does not have veiws

200 or 500 meters from the beach makes no difference in value you are talking about rawai beach not Nai Harn

Infrastructure is important and we have all of it, its wait and see what you end up getting in new developments

they all promise everything

I remember being told by one real estate salesman in Rawai when i asked about phone and internet connections

that the wiring was in the houses and it was up to me which phone company i connected to, as far as i know

their is only one phone company and lines are not always avaliable

I'm afraid distance to the beach really does matter, that's why it's always quoted in real estate ads..

There are two land-line phone companies TOT and TT&T.

I am sure a real estate agent can turn a further distance away from the beach into a positive spin on a property, therefore, it's worth paying more for it. Eg. you are safe from the next tsunami. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Its you and now your mate SL who cannot grasp how real estate is valued, and you personally have no idea, not me

Seems you are the one with no idea on valuations.

A piece of property is worth exactly what someone is prepared to pay for it with the seller's agreement.

Anyone who claims they can value property in Phuket is not to be trusted.

Regards,

Evan Johns.

Edited by CaptainZero
  • Like 2

Its you and now your mate SL who cannot grasp how real estate is valued, and you personally have no idea, not me

A piece of property is worth exactly what someone is prepared to pay for it with the seller's agreement.

Regards,

Evan Johns.

No one in phuket knows how to value, ex car and time share salespeople most of them the way they act

My father was a registered agent with his own busines,i was a licensed salesperson and spent 2 years

learning how to value and sell real estate

But never really liked doing it the way it operated so left the industry, my son is a registered real estate agent with

his own successful business. was the top seller in WA i think either last year or the year before

His web site is <link removed> since you are in the business he may give you a few clues, everyone in

real estate sales here needs help in how to value and sell, you are not opposition to him so he may help you

No one can be dead accurate in pricing but if you know what you are doing which most people dont here your valued

price will be very close to the selling price as long as the market is not booming, so that is not a problem with valueing now

Regards,

Ned

Edited by LivinginKata
web site link removed

Firstly, why do you assume I'm a property agent? I am not.

Secondly, why do you think an Australian property agent could do valuations on houses in Phuket? They could not, the market is totally different with no tradition of second-hand purchases and most houses on a street being completely different designs. Not like in Western countries. On estates, there isn't that problem and most people could to a valuation.

Rgds,

Evan Johns.

Edited by CaptainZero

Regards,

Evan Johns.

Not entirely true CZ.

There are a lot of "out of line sales" here - meaning, the property does not actually sell for its true market value.

On Phuket, that out of line sale is usually a lot higher than the property's actual value.

This is due to many factors, but usually the starry eyed foreigner wishing to retire here with his lovely new Thai girlfriend, or bride, and not perfoming due diligence, is the most common.

Regards,

Evan Johns.

Not entirely true CZ.

There are a lot of "out of line sales" here - meaning, the property does not actually sell for its true market value.

On Phuket, that out of line sale is usually a lot higher than the property's actual value.

This is due to many factors, but usually the starry eyed foreigner wishing to retire here with his lovely new Thai girlfriend, or bride, and not perfoming due diligence, is the most common.

If sold for an amount, that is the value. 'Actual value' and other phrases used here by NKL are nonsense phrases.

Regards,

Evan Johns.

No one in phuket knows how to value, ex car and time share salespeople most of them the way they act

My father was a registered agent with his own busines,i was a licensed salesperson and spent 2 years

But never really liked doing it the way it operated so left the industry, my son is a registered real estate agent with

his own successful business. was the top seller in WA i think either last year or the year before

His web site is <link removed> since you are in the business he may give you a few clues, everyone in

real estate sales here needs help in how to value and sell, you are not opposition to him so he may help you

No one can be dead accurate in pricing but if you know what you are doing which most people dont here your valued

price will be very close to the selling price as long as the market is not booming, so that is not a problem with valueing now

Regards,

Ned

Real Estate Agents give "market appraisals."

Registered Valuers give "valuations" and to become a registered valuer thats a 3 to 4 year university degree.

Big difference.

Also, one receives a commission on sale. The other gets paid a flat fee for their valuation - so no conflict of interest with their valuation report.

Edited by NamKangMan

Regards,

Evan Johns.

Not entirely true CZ.

And the other side of the coin to this.

True story, guy I know buys property and builds on Soi Naya 10 years ago, all in for about 3.5.

10 years later goes to sell, property agents are all "17 million, easy, oh but put in a pool", spends a little more dough for small pool, sits unsellable at that exorbitant price. Agents I think sniffing same kind of paint fumes as Phuket Town gangsters.

Ends up getting (neighborhood figure) about 8.

• Like 1

Regards,

Evan Johns.

Not entirely true CZ.

If sold for an amount, that is the value. 'Actual value' and other phrases used here by NKL are nonsense phrases.

I sold one of my houses to my son for 1 quid.

Are you saying the property was actually worth only 1 quid? cheesy.gif

It's called an "out of line sale." Google it.

An out of line sale is usually down, like in my case, but on Phuket, it's usually some fool paying way over the odds.

Regards,

Evan Johns.

Not entirely true CZ.

I sold one of my houses to my son for 1 quid.

Are you saying the property was actually worth only 1 quid? cheesy.gif

It's called an "out of line sale." Google it.

An out of line sale is usually down, like in my case, but on Phuket, it's usually some fool paying way over the odds.

Your example illustrates the value of your comments here.

If people are 'paying over the odds' it is apparently worth that to people, for whatever reason. So that is the value. Who sets the odds, you or NKL?

• Like 1

It's all speculation and a market variable.

I don't care how many years in real estate you have where you come from but that house you bought at 3 million in 1994, sure bottomed out in the crash of 1997.

What you bought in 2004, surely took a hit in the global economic crash of 2009.

Put that house you paid 4 for on the market at 17, well good luck pal. Gauge what others near you have sold at, welcome to 8 and gladly accept.

@ stevenl

Google "comparative sales."

If there are two houses side by side, on Phuket, and a Russian flys in with 10 million baht in a suitcase and is BS'd by a real estate agent and buys one of them for 10 million baht - that does not automatically mean the house next door is worth 10 million baht as well, when the Russian should have only paid 5 million for it.

That's called an "out of line sale." Google that as well.

There are a lot of "out of line sales" on Phuket with people paying over the odds.

• Like 1

@ stevenl

If there are two houses side by side, on Phuket, and a Russian flys in with 10 million baht in a suitcase and is BS'd by a real estate agent and buys one of them for 10 million baht - that does not automatically mean the house next door is worth 10 million baht as well

<snip>

It means the house sold was worth 10 million Baht. It really is as simple as that. Nothing more, nothing less, that is the housing market on Phuket. It says nothing about the value of the house sold the next day, and says nothing about the value of the house next door.

But the house sold was at that moment worth 10 million.

If Phuket9 can sell his houses for 8 million, or however much he is asking, that is their worth. That next door are houses of less quality sold for the same price does not mean his houses are worth more, if on the other side the same kind of houses are sold for 4 million that does not mean his houses are worth 4 million or less. He is selling them for 8, so that is their value.

Edited by stevenl

@ stevenl

If there are two houses side by side, on Phuket, and a Russian flys in with 10 million baht in a suitcase and is BS'd by a real estate agent and buys one of them for 10 million baht - that does not automatically mean the house next door is worth 10 million baht as well

<snip>

It means the house sold was worth 10 million Baht. It really is as simple as that. Nothing more, nothing less, that is the housing market on Phuket. It says nothing about the value of the house sold the next day, and says nothing about the value of the house next door.

If Phuket9 can sell his houses for 8 million, or however much he is asking, that is their worth. That next door are houses of less quality sold for the same price does not mean his houses are worth more, if on the other side the same kind of houses are sold for 4 million that does not mean his houses are worth 4 million or less. He is selling them for 8, so that is their value.

No, it means the purchaser paid over the odds. It was an "out of line sale." He paid 10 million baht for a property worth 5 million baht. He was conned, ripped off, duped or laundering money. It happens here, a lot.

If the exact same house, next door, sells the very next day for 5 million - you tell me, what is the market value of the two properties. 5 million, 7.5 million or 10 million.

If the Russian sold his 10 million baht house, the very next day, to another foolish Russian for 20 million baht - would you say the property market on Phuket has risen 100% in 24 hours - NO. It's an "out of line sale."

To properly value property, you need reliable "comparative sales" data and that's very difficult on Phuket because there are so many "out of line sales" here, not to mention the constant oversupply of property and town planning issues here and the complete lack of due diligence by many foreigners here.

For example, a property that sold for 15 million today, may only be worth 5 million next month because they have built a pig farm next to it and there's nothing the owner can do about it.

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 2

@ stevenl

<snip>

No, it means the purchaser paid over the odds. It was an "out of line sale." He paid 10 million baht for a property worth 5 million baht. He was conned, ripped off, duped or laundering money. It happens here, a lot.

If the exact same house, next door, sells the very next day for 5 million - you tell me, what is the market value of the two properties. 5 million, 7.5 million or 10 million.

If the Russian sold his 10 million baht house, the very next day, to another foolish Russian for 20 million baht - would you say the property market on Phuket has risen 100% in 24 hours - NO. It's an "out of line sale."

To properly value property, you need reliable "comparative sales" data and that's very difficult on Phuket because there are so many "out of line sales" here, not to mention the constant oversupply of property and town planning issues here and the complete lack of due diligence by many foreigners here.

For example, a property that sold for 15 million today, may only be worth 5 million next month because they have built a pig farm next to it and there's nothing the owner can do about it.

Right, so many 'out of line sales' it is impossible to value. So we agree: it is worth what it is sold for, nothing more, nothing less.

Thats great conversation about pricing and valuation.

I believe value is very private idea, someone wants to spend his life in the house and don't mind about price other would pay for it, someone is just investing and thinking of profit within 2-5-10 years, everyone have their own idea about property value.

The Price comes from agreement between Seller and Buyer.

Sellers price comes from expenses and profit.

Buyers prices is his own idea about value and finances, as well as his profit or just enjoyable ownership of property, comparison to other products he've seen.

There could be no any formula about the value or price, everyone has different understanding of comfort he should get and it is usually relevant possibilities.

There is only standards about salaries for workers and prices for construction materials that developer can use to calculate his costs.

We are middle class construction, but we offer good product in our niche comparing to other players. So if we want to make higher price than others, we need to offer more or better, if we should go down with the price we just have construction, land costs and our investment profit expectations.

These numbers says us lower limit and we are close to it at the moment because:

1 - we are not as much known company as others

2 - we are on initial stage of development

3 - we want fast sale for the first phase as we have 2 more

So we are working on our brand at the moment, we invest our expected profits for the future projects.

When you sell you will always look around and you will have your own reasons to ask the price.

When you buy you have your budget and you should look for the products that you can have for this budget and choose the best offer.

If the product has higher price there is no reason to be angry on Seller, he has a reason that you may ask, and you have the right not to buy.

Why I believe our price will grow in the future? Just because I know if you or whoever will build house at this location, you will not be able to make it cheaper.

We are development company with our own workers, we are thai company, so our construction cost is from first hands, we just follow concept and materials. And the land cost - we got it directly from Thai owner.

Regards,

Ned

Real Estate Agents give "market appraisals."

Registered Valuers give "valuations" and to become a registered valuer thats a 3 to 4 year university degree.

Big difference.

Also, one receives a commission on sale. The other gets paid a flat fee for their valuation - so no conflict of interest with their valuation report.

My sister was a registered valuer and got her deploma at night school not university, the same with agents licenses

Registered valuers regularly ask local agents what other simular properties sold for and did not do their own inspections to establish their values when i was in the game

And i now from recent dealings they still do the same thing, a quick look and ask other people who know the local values

Market appraisal or valuation same thing they can make higher or lower depending what the owner wants

Phuket9 isn't a bad product . What nedkelly is failing to grasp is that it's also being managed as a holiday rentals.

This creates income as an option opposed to living in it.

Not bad if you want to take off for a while and earn while you're gone.

For me, it's only good for an investment, not for residing.

Good luck.

Like the good old days everybody is now an expert on real estate. The butcher, the diving instructor, his p/a, the wife and even the dog will tell you how much its worth.

Yes, some others will, but the dive instructor won't :).

I asked the OP about the 6 % return guaranty and the answer is we will let it out to holidayers. Bloddy hell I can do so myself ! Where is the guaranty ?????

Is there an XXX amount on a blocked bank account I can access when the develper disapears ? NO of cause not.

The rental guarantee amount is fixed in agreement it is paid upfront every 3 months. What is your question?