3M Crystalline Window Tint // Bangkok (Sukhumvit)

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a 3M dealer around Sukhumvit (or nearby) in Bangkok?

I plan to put 30% on the windshield (CR 70), 40% on side windows (CR 60), and 60% on rear and back (CR 40). How much should I expect to pay?

Sorry I can't help you with a recommendation ... BUT ... I can suggest that you gen up on window film before going to see a dealer. There have been many threads on TV about window film ... here is one http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/713441-tinted-windscreen/

As to cost you can pay anything from 2-3000Baht up to 30K Baht or more. To some extent you get what you pay for ... dark doesn't always mean cool though ... sometimes it means still hot but can't see how hot!

• Like 1

Sorry I can't help you with a recommendation ... BUT ... I can suggest that you gen up on window film before going to see a dealer. There have been many threads on TV about window film ... here is one http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/713441-tinted-windscreen/

As to cost you can pay anything from 2-3000Baht up to 30K Baht or more. To some extent you get what you pay for ... dark doesn't always mean cool though ... sometimes it means still hot but can't see how hot!

Also look here, especially post number 13 http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/713441-tinted-windscreen/

This site is awash with Window Tint Topics . And here is the Lumina Website http://www.laminafilms.com/main.php?hm=product&op=car&type=film I have the special series L75040 on the front (it's a very mild tint) and L75051 on the rest (only slightly more tinted) It wasn't cheap though ...

If you can't find the specs here they are http://www.laminafilms.com/main.php?hm=product&op=car&type=film&cate=ss

At least now you can be a bit more wised up ......... enjoy

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 1

I fitted top grade clear 3M film to my car in the middle east. I think its the crystaline range that blocks out 90% UV and a high percentage of heat.

In 50+ centigrade heat its been a lifesaver and the difference between not fitted and now is very noticeable. I can even put my bare hands on the steering wheel in the middle of the day without it feeling like i've put my hand in a fire.

The only advantage ot dark tint is privacy. It's big disadvantage is lack of vision when night driving.

For me clear is good enough. It does have a slight tint in it anyway.

I fitted top grade clear 3M film to my car in the middle east. I think its the crystaline range that blocks out 90% UV and a high percentage of heat.

In 50+ centigrade heat its been a lifesaver and the difference between not fitted and now is very noticeable. I can even put my bare hands on the steering wheel in the middle of the day without it feeling like i've put my hand in a fire.

The only advantage ot dark tint is privacy. It's big disadvantage is lack of vision when night driving.

For me clear is good enough. It does have a slight tint in it anyway.

Some folks are like to be visible in their multimillion cars...that's where 3M Crystalline is necessary...blocks the UV and heat,but it's not dark...wink.png

I read a lot of threads on Thai Visa already, and I came to the conclusion that Crystalline from 3M is pretty good. The "brightest" they have is 30%, which sounds perfect for me. But if Lamina has something even better, I might have a look :)

• Like 1

I read a lot of threads on Thai Visa already, and I came to the conclusion that Crystalline from 3M is pretty good. The "brightest" they have is 30%, which sounds perfect for me. But if Lamina has something even better, I might have a look :)

This should run you about 20k. I had my ranger installed c70 I believed for 7,000 baht (only the front windscreen the rest are Grey ordinary type for great effect on my white truck) they are great set of tint...I had other car installed for almost 10 years now.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I read a lot of threads on Thai Visa already, and I came to the conclusion that Crystalline from 3M is pretty good. The "brightest" they have is 30%, which sounds perfect for me. But if Lamina has something even better, I might have a look smile.png

This should run you about 20k. I had my ranger installed c70 I believed for 7,000 baht (only the front windscreen the rest are Grey ordinary type for great effect on my white truck) they are great set of tint...I had other car installed for almost 10 years now.

OK. Do you happen to know a reputable shop in BKK?

To make this even more interesting, looks like my car is tinted from the factory. Looks like a 20-30% tint. But it's too hot inside the car. Now I worry that if I put a 30% tint on top of that, it will be too dark. hmm

Edited by mortenaa

To make this even more interesting, looks like my car is tinted from the factory. Looks like a 20-30% tint. But it's too hot inside the car. Now I worry that if I put a 30% tint on top of that, it will be too dark. hmm

If you have another tint,they will take it off...can't put one on top of another.

Unless it's a factory glass,you will be OK than...

Edited by funcat

On my yaris it was 40 on front and 60 everywhere else. Same as my PJS

And yet it feels hot in the front directly in front of me.

Could be the black dash

reflecting the heat back

Think it's hi cool. Film.

So there is a difference in brands . Grades and price

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you have another tint,they will take it off...can't put one on top of another.

Unless it's a factory glass,you will be OK than...

Its the factory glass, yes..

Here are a couple of pic that I took this morning ... in the view from inside you can see that the leaves look darker through the side window.

attachicon.gifNew_20140507_110855.jpg attachicon.gifNew_20140507_110907.jpg

Looks good. How many percent is that on the windshield?

Have a look at post No5 and all the details are there. Open the Lumina website that I gave you ... using Chrome ... and then press translate and all will be revealed.

My wife was quoted well over 20K for the job but our dealer got it for me for a lot less. See your PM

Here are a couple of pic that I took this morning ... in the view from inside you can see that the leaves look darker through the side window.

attachicon.gifNew_20140507_110855.jpg attachicon.gifNew_20140507_110907.jpg

Looks good. How many percent is that on the windshield?

Have a look at post No5 and all the details are there. Open the Lumina website that I gave you ... using Chrome ... and then press translate and all will be revealed.

My wife was quoted well over 20K for the job but our dealer got it for me for a lot less. See your PM

Yes, I saw it now. Thanks

I am always looking for quality products. Safety and good visibility over price. I just started to look at V-Kool now. They are 30,000 or 18,000 - depending on spec. I Think 3M Crystalline should be in the same ball-game. The "problem" is that my glass are already tinted with a greenish colour. And I need the tint to be as clear as possible. Lamina has L80BL. But doesn't seem like they have a neutral colour.

V-Kool looks great though: http://v-koolcorp.co...litaire-energy/

40% is Laminas lowest and isnt very nice , it the Cheapo Stuff they use in the Free Tints and Insurance nonsence .

Ace ... . Lamina have five quality levels ... you would know that if you had read through this topic carefully. All the quality levels offer a film with 40%. However you are correct that in the Popular Series a 40% is offered and is about the cheapest and isn't much good and is what is offered (thrown in) when you buy a new car, if you are not careful or don't know about window film.

Do you remember at school RTFQ ... well RTFT applies here whistling.gif ... enjoy

Actually I do think you actually know a fair bit about window film but this 40% can be confusing ... 40% of what is the question

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 2

I am using 3M crystalline CR40 on my front windscreen and side windows. It is very clear from the inside of the car and does mot feel like a dark film. Definitely better than my previous Rikecool platinum 50, the best grade from Rikecool.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Very true, but ive found that Lamina agents don't stock the full range . V Cool tend to only stock V and a full range , even out of big cities. "We get it in a Few Day"s, doesn't cut it with me.Ive got their clearest V on the Screen and Lamina Smeary elsewhere,had it done fast in a temper.!!! Honda put the crap on and i didn't have time to do a full V re fit

That Strange Pattern comes off with Alcohol easy. I'd say V Cools and CR 70 are the best though. Congratulations at caring for others and Your own Safety by Choosing an expensive Clear.I still remain adamant that anything other than mild Tint shoud be outlawed at Night and in bad weather conditions.thumbsup.gif

That Strange Pattern comes off with Alcohol easy. I'd say V Cools and CR 70 are the best though. Congratulations at caring for others and Your own Safety by Choosing an expensive Clear.I still remain adamant that anything other than mild Tint shoud be outlawed at Night and in bad weather conditions.thumbsup.gif

Test out vkool for gps signal blockage due to metal composite in the tint.