90 Day Signing In

Reading this thread jogged my blurred memory of something I heard in the past: That when a falang changes his/her residence (whether house, condo or hotel) they need to report it to the police with 24 hours. Is that something obsolete, or something that applies only to tourist visas/visa-waiver stamps, or is is some mis-remembered "fact" I resurrected?

I'm now on a retirement extension and know I fall under the 90-day report provision, but if I were to move before that, do I need to alert any authorities?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, that is correct - his entry date was the 4th of July so he was required to report 90 days after that date.

"The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days" means exactly what is says - the first application. You said this person had already obtained extensions of stay so it is not applicable.

Don't know how I can clarify "first" any more than the word itself - the initial application for extension of stay from a 90 day visa entry?

Yes, that is one interpretation.

Another possible interpretation:

- 'first' day of attempt at visa renewal (where it is rejected for errors and subsequently approved, and/or a 45 day wait period).

Which would make more logical sense; It makes no rational sense that any approved renewal, containing all relevant personal data, inclusive of residence address, is not considered 'reporting'. Of course, apparently that is not the case.

You report your address using a TM.47 form (90 day report) or TM.6 form (arrival). The only exception is your first application for an extension of stay. Below is the official rules from Immigration website:

Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days->print this

Procedure and notification

The foreigner makes the notification in person, or

The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or

The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.

The notification must be made within 7 days before or after the period of 90 days expires.

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

Offices accepting notification:

Counter 3, Immigration Bureau Office, Soi Suanphlu, Bangkok

Visa extension units, Ratchada Centre (BOI)

Immigration offices throughout the country

Notification by registered mail

Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)

Copy of arrival/departure card TM. 6 (front and back)

Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)

Completely filled in and signed notification form TM. 47

Envelope with 5 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days to

90 DAYS REGISTRATION, ROOM 206

IMMIGRATION BUREAU,

507 SOI SUANPLU,SOUTH SATHORN RD.,

THUNGMAHAMEK SATHORN

BANGKOK. 10120