PM Yingluck removed from office

Hang on to your dollars the baht is going to drop like a rock. My Thai friends are out buying gold this afternoon. Look for a run on appliances and food. Gas and rent prices to rise. None of this is good for Thailand no matter what side you are on.

May I ask what you based this on. Nothing will change :)

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yingluck keeps low profile following ruling, will send three aides to hold press conference

Yingluck Shinawatra, who has been removed as the prime minister by the Constitutional Court, would not come out to talk to the media Wednesday, a source close to her said.

She would instead send Deputy Prime Minister Phongthep Thepkanjana, PM's Office Minister Varathep Ratanakorn and Thongthong, permanent secretary for Justice, to hold a press conference on her behalf, the source said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-05-07

Internet down? Can't get a call through to Dubai for her latest instructions?

• Like 2

Is anyone really surprised by this pre-determined decision? I doubt it. Now it's just a matter of who will be next in to lead the govt until the election

Any word from Mr. T on that yet or is he still climbing the walls?

• Like 1

Som nam na Yingluk.

You raped and divided the country now pay the price.

A great day for Thailand and the Thai people.smile.png

Are you for real? A great day for whom exactly? Do you not understand what is happening?

I quite obviously understand a lot more of what is happening than you.

Now, stop being a sore loser and get back to patrolling under your bridge, fool.

Edited by tonytigerbkk
  • Like 2

It really is not too hard to imagine what will come next. The red shirts will not accept this ruling and will exercise their democratic rights to protest. This was always going to be the end game. The people will rise up against this polical coup.

No one minds a peaceful protest.

OTOH, if they start launching M79s again, one shouldn't be surprised if it doesn't end well for them; without regard to who is the CTPM.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

All hail Prime Minister Chalerm.

nope he's gone

Dam_n, any chance of getting Chuwit then?

He's the man the country needs.

Why can't none of you so called experts answer my question. Or are you just wheelchairs expert here who just talk crap but have no knowledge.

Can the caretaker cabinet appoint new members to replace those removed. And can they appoint a new caretaker PM.

Only facts no BS.

No precedent for this. After Somchai was removed as PM because his party was dissolved, the rest of the cabinet was allowed to stay on and a petition was made to the Constitutional Court as to whether Chaovarat could be installed as acting PM. The CC declined to accept the case on the grounds that it was academic since Parliament had not been dissolved and was due to elect a new PM (Abhisit) within 30 days. I think the implication must be that someone is allowed to assume the role of Acting Caretaker PM and that others can become Acting Caretaker Ministers in place of those dinged. Without royal endorsement they won't be substantive caretaker ministers and it is not clear if an acting caretaker PM can sign a royal decree for a new election but I think it should be possible. We'll see. Sorry, if you think this is BS but there are no facts because this is not covered in the Constitution.

The arrogant elite are so out of touch with reality if they think they can once again hijack the democratic process and not suffer any repercussions.

The red shirts will not surrender this time. It's not like 2010. Now they know they will never have their political rights recognised unless they fight to the death.

So, you're advocating a civil war . . . to the death?

Even these people are removed from their position. The regime is still in working. Someone will replace them. I'm sure the big boss daddy should realise of today result last few weeks ago, definitely backup plan has implemented. Old dogs gone, new dogs come.

That's what I was thinking also... Part of the old group of puppets out. A few others remain.

But what I haven't seen any explanation of is...

-- Who, if anyone, has the authority to appoint new/replacement Cabinet members pending any future elections?

--Who, if anyone, has the authority to select a new caretaker Prime Minister pending any future elections?

The puppets may change, but the puppet-master remains the same.

• Like 1

Hang on to your dollars the baht is going to drop like a rock. My Thai friends are out buying gold this afternoon. Look for a run on appliances and food. Gas and rent prices to rise. None of this is good for Thailand no matter what side you are on.

Dream on. This was best that could happen to this country, getting rid of this thieving group will improve the Thai economy.

Why can't none of you so called experts answer my question. Or are you just wheelchairs expert here who just talk crap but have no knowledge.

Can the caretaker cabinet appoint new members to replace those removed. And can they appoint a new caretaker PM.

Only facts no BS.

It was discussed earlier that at this point the Senate becomes involved.

Either way, and with this being Thailand, just relax and it will unfold soon enough.

If this court were impartial and consistent, it would have removed just about every Thai prime minister since the year dot for similar reasons. This is judicial theatre, not democracy.

Yes that is the reason why Suthep and many others want reforms so that Thailand get some non corrupt governments.

watch and learn.

stock market / baht will drop...as the foreigners sell off. The thais will buy it up at a discount - set will be back to norm in a week.

Market just rallied up a little on the news. So did the Baht

• Like 1

The arrogant elite are so out of touch with reality if they think they can once again hijack the democratic process and not suffer any repercussions.

The red shirts will not surrender this time. It's not like 2010. Now they know they will never have their political rights recognised unless they fight to the death.

So, you're advocating a civil war . . . to the death?

Let him....to go demonstrating for money is one thing but no one want to fight to the death for 500, 1000 or 2000 Baht per day....

Amazed at all reasoning at the lengths some Thai politicians will go to get rid of a legally elected government just to get themselves into power, knowing full well that they could never get themselves elected.

However as the saying goes.............Its not all over till the fat lady sings.

If they think that the disenfranchised voting Thai majority will take this lying down, they had better think again, it will not just happen.

I think the "coup" will be a major election campaign frontrunner for the PTP and will actually work against the opposition to their major detriment.

The "reds" that were anti Thaksin will now be coming back in droves and "no" votes will be minimal.

Can you please inform me why the "reds" who where anty Thaksin will be comming back in droves?

Or is this written in the red handbook, that you seem to been reading a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just more criminal court activities, Charlerm devides the country, commits massive criminal acts and nothing done. Yet Yingluck wasn't even the person whom removed the person but since she didn't stop it, she is removed. Yup seems legit.

The best part about all of this is, in the short time she has been PM she has managed to go to court and be removed.

Yet the mass murder Abisit hasn't and is still in a Government position. When wil lthe murder be put in jail? Oh wait that's right he is on the other side they don't go to court, jail or held responible for any of their actions.

Well at least when someone comes along and removes the justice system to revamp it all will understand.

Very sad day for Thailand

I find it amazing that all these foreign people are ignoring this and cheering on these murderers. Must be their bar bimbo girlfriends telling them or did they come here cause they were unable to understand democracy in their own countries