PM Yingluck removed from office

webfact

I should make it clear that I don't fully understand Thai politics.. However.

It's a real smokescreen to imagine that this makes any real difference.. the people who wield power will continue to do so and those that get stepped on in the process will continue to be stepped on.

If you are looking for democracy, look in the dictionary because it does not truly exist in the real world.

Democracy is as elusive as other forms of government - communism is an equally good example that proves this. The situation however is unchanged by who holds power even after an election. Thailand is divided between classes (just like many other countries) People who are struggling all their lives to feed their families quite justifiably cannot understand why other people, working no less hard physically, are able to lead a life of luxury. Those in the middle class would like things to be fairer but not if it means their standards fall - which in a fair society they would have to and the rich and powerful can only have become so by caring about no one but themselves. The basic philosophy of nearly all countries is totally wrong because it places a higher value on mental ability than on physical ability. The two should be equal and the only poor should be those who refuse (rather than are unable) to contribute their skills and abilities to the good of all.

We should not need financial incentives to do our best in life - does a manager really do more than a bus driver, is the manager really responsible for more lives. I don't understand why we should be rewarded on the basis of our limitations rather than on how we use our abilities and the educational opportunities that we have.

• Like 1

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Either a joke or a big one finger salute from PTP to the CC.

edit: I was trying to post that in the other thread about the new caretaker PM

Edited by taony
  • Like 1

So bluenose codger when you said "Tomorrow Yingluk will be cleared of the Thawil case" you were guessing.

Seems that what you say is not correct most of the time. This just proves it.

Thanks for making it clear.

Party to celebrate a step towards democracy at mine tonight. Now if the whole cabinet are removed I wonder if the reds will stage a coup to try to keep the illegal cabinet in power?

I wait with baited breath.

But some would say he either had to, or was paid to say that. Personally I'm not sure about his motives, but he makes some pretty extreme posts

• Like 1

The lunatic SUTHEP failed to accomplish anything so the courts held a judicial coupe AGAIN. If u can't win an election let the courts give a guilty verdict on trumped up charges. Let's see what happens now.

Sent from Kukaz iPad Air

He achieved plenty, lunatic or not. he stirred up underlying emotions and brought them forth on to the streets. despite the fact his physical numbers have dwindled, the emotions of those who supported him (whether they still support of not) are still very much against Thaksin. Everyone that matters knows this.

Political stability (and peace) will not be achieved in Thailand until either side fixes their own problems and reaches out to all Thais, such that their mandate to govern is accepted by all Thais.

Suthep has just created more division and made it even more difficult for the party formerly known as the democrats to take power and hold it any time soon, and has given the red-shirts more fuel for their fire.

The democrats image has gone from being a (very electable) forward looking group (led by smart people like Abhisit and Korn) who could provide a solution to the problems created by a useless incumbent government, to some kind of vigilante rabble led by a bloodthirsty rabid dog.

Edited by brit1984
  • Like 2

Buhbye!

Don't let the door hit your butt on the way out! thumbsup.gif

It is getting tense in here. Let's ease the tension a bit. How many ways can we paraphrase this statement? here's mine:

"don't let the door hit ya' where the good lord split ya'"...lol

No surprise seeing as the constitutional court hasn't ruled in "red" favour once in the last 10 years. Can't she still run for election though?

Suthep's money sure is buying a lot of power up in city hall. How any sane foreigner thinks this decision will have any benefit to Thailand is beyond me.

We'll all be back here next year having the same silly debate over the next villain.

• Like 2

Let's have an election as soon as possible.

And if PTP win that will suthep and his gang be ok ?. Doubt it.

Worrying times ahead for thailand

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

As soon as possible --- AFTER all the PTP marked cards are taken out of the deck. Some of you guys just don't try to keep up do you?

RT@Aim_NT:Cabinet members who were in the Cabinet meeting approving Thawil's transfer must be deemed breaking the laws too: court.

TR@tulsathit:

It seems Surapong and Chalerm are going as well. via @Suriyasai

Yingluck and Chalerm out?

Oh joy of joys!!

I am happy to admit I was wrong yesterday saying YL would not be convicted.

• Like 2

It all doesnt really matter - another election PTP will win back to square one.

Incorrect it does matter...another group of Thaksin criminals were removed from office legally. The remaining PTP members including the next Thaksin clone leading them will have the same fate if they do not follow the rule of law and constitution. The courts this time around are showing they have the balls to rule. A good day forward for the rule of law in Thailand.

Right. But high time to change the electoral laws first. We've had: PPP, TRT and now PTP. Just changing a name after you have been found GUILTY of electoral fraud should just NOT BE POSSIBLE! In my opinion: The courts ARE independent. The only ones that cannot handle this are the red militia and some silly people repeating their "elite" rhetoric here on TV.

If there is an "elite" controlling Thailand, it's the Sae Khu clan, buying their way into power again and again. Then robbing and stealing the poor. Problem is, the poor don't see it. Or didn't until now. If the electoral laws are changed, by all means have elections. I absolutely KNOW who'll win, and it is NOT the PTP or whatever name they'll choose this time.

• Like 2

Capo, hopefully, will soon be C(K)aput, with Surapong and Charlerm out of the way!

I started thinking about this myself.

CAPO is an independent agency under government control, I am not sure if Chalerm and Surapong have legality in those rolls.

The big question here is.... Are they only ordered to vacate their cabinet positions, or are they to be kicked out of all official offices?

It also begs the question.... Is Yingluck STILL chairman of the rice scheme committee?????

It is my understanding that barring the cabinet that was in place before midday, there were no other MPs left following the dissolution of the house.

That means that a new PM must be selected from the beheaded, dismembered and gelded remains.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The lunatic SUTHEP failed to accomplish anything so the courts held a judicial coupe AGAIN. If u can't win an election let the courts give a guilty verdict on trumped up charges. Let's see what happens now.

Ah, another Constitutional Law expert idiot rears his ugly head . . . are you denying their verdict? on what grounds?

You might want to actually take a look at the Constitution one day so you can understand it a bit better . . . sorry though, no pretty pictures to color, only words:

http://www.asianlii.org/th/legis/const/2007/1.html

Soo.....as you appear to have read this thoroughly but appear to be short-sighted or typically one-sided in your debating prowess...here're a couple of crackers from said Constitution....

Section 72. Every person shall have a duty to exercise his right to vote at an election.

The person who exercises his right to vote at an election or fails to attend an election for voting without notifying the reasonable cause of such failure shall be entitled to or lose the right as provided by law. The PDRC therefore also violated the Constitution by blocking candidate registrations in the south and preventing hundreds of thousands of people from voting.

Rights and Liberties in Education

Section 49. A person shall enjoy an equal right to receive education for the duration of not less than twelve years which shall be provided by State thoroughly, up to the quality, and without charge. So again, when the PDRC mobs thought it an idea to shut down 900+ schools and vocational colleges in January - that was in line with the Kingdom's Constitution?

Anyway, now that Yingluck is out, let's see if your Dear Leader now turns himself in to hear the charges laid out before him on a variety of issues, including - no less - insurrection.

Firstly, I'm no big fan of Suthep, and if he has broken the law then he should be punished for doing so, in the same way that the red shirt leaders and protestors have been punished for the 2010 riots.

The one thing I will give Suthep big credit for ... exposing the numerous and consistent lies and deceptions that Thaksin and Pheu Thai have perpetrated over the past decade or so.

I'm sure Suthep will turn himself in on the same day that Thaksin comes back to face his charges.

As my mum would say about Suthep turning himself in.. Wish in one hand and piss in the other and see which one gets full first wink.png

Edited by ozvenison

....now wait for it......all hell is going to break loose..........you can bet on it.......

The masses have to fight coups in the name of democracy in any way they can, first the Military coup and now the Judicial coup. The real fight is just about to begin.

Are you going to join in the fight for the civil war you seem to want or just stay home enjoying it vicariously?

Sent from Kukaz iPad Air

He achieved plenty, lunatic or not. he stirred up underlying emotions and brought them forth on to the streets. despite the fact his physical numbers have dwindled, the emotions of those who supported him (whether they still support of not) are still very much against Thaksin. Everyone that matters knows this.

Political stability (and peace) will not be achieved in Thailand until either side fixes their own problems and reaches out to all Thais, such that their mandate to govern is accepted by all Thais.

Suthep has just created more division and made it even more difficult for the party formerly known as the democrats to take power and hold it any time soon, and has given the red-shirts more fuel for their fire.

The democrats image has gone from being a (very electable) forward looking group (led by smart people like Abhisit and Korn) who could provide a solution to the problems created by a useless incumbent government, to some kind of vigilante rabble led by a bloodthirsty rabid dog.

Talking of bloodthirsty rabid dogs, has Thaksin issued any statements yet?

Amazed at all reasoning at the lengths some Thai politicians will go to get rid of a legally elected government just to get themselves into power, knowing full well that they could never get themselves elected.

However as the saying goes.............Its not all over till the fat lady sings.

If they think that the disenfranchised voting Thai majority will take this lying down, they had better think again, it will not just happen.

the only disenfranchised are the thaksin paid red thugs. As for the fat lady singing, I think thaksins other sister will not have the gutts to follow in the others footsteps. All thaksin can do now is get his red malitia to start killing those that have different points of view but then thats all the reds do anyway. The majority of people in Thailand will be relieved with this decision, the red minority willl be the pissed off people.

Lets hope that the "Red Militia" start with Suthep and his thugs. biggrin.png

Anyhow, be careful with the spelling mate, as the grammar police are 'lurking' thumbsup.gif

Edited by oldsailor35

The arrogant elite are so out of touch with reality if they think they can once again hijack the democratic process and not suffer any repercussions.

The red shirts will not surrender this time. It's not like 2010. Now they know they will never have their political rights recognised unless they fight to the death.

More "brave" words, are you going to join the fight you are inciting or just stay home?

Capo, hopefully, will soon be C(K)aput, with Surapong and Charlerm out of the way!

I started thinking about this myself.

CAPO is an independent agency under government control, I am not sure if Chalerm and Surapong have legality in those rolls.

The big question here is.... Are they only ordered to vacate their cabinet positions, or are they to be kicked out of all official offices?

It also begs the question.... Is Yingluck STILL chairman of the rice scheme committee?????

Also seems to be some questions over the legality of the appointment of the new PM Niwatthamrong... Not sure what the problem is, but according to some tweets it may not all be above board.

I do support democracy, and if the people of Thailand choose Thaksin's family by an honest election, so be it. However, Yinglock was guilty of corruption and should be removed. Now let the people decide who comes next. Win, lose, or draw, the political parties of Thailand would support an honest election if they want this to be a true democracy by the will of the people. If you lose this time, campaign, educate, and debate better next time. A lot of people are worried what will happen next, as am I, but this is also an opportunity to right some wrongs. Admittedly, very doubtful it will happen but, just sayin'. What would be great, completely unlikely but great, is if the political parties exercised some bipartisanship to establish a security and monitoring election oversight group with equal representation from all parties in Thailand. Checks and balances. i just want to hear the true choice of the Thai majority, exempt from corruption and bought votes.

Edited by geoman1976
  • Like 1

It really is not too hard to imagine what will come next. The red shirts will not accept this ruling and will exercise their democratic rights to protest. This was always going to be the end game. The people will rise up against this polical coup.

You are a minimum of 6-8 months behind the times. It all changed with the amnesty vote. That was the tipping point. The level of broad support for PTP that existed a year ago has shrivelled since the Anmnesty thing, and other sins were dragged into the light and brilliantly (pun intended) illuminated by Khun Suthep.

Is anyone really surprised by this pre-determined decision? I doubt it. Now it's just a matter of who will be next in to lead the govt until the election

I think Abhisit would be a good choice, as it would enable him to oversee his reform proposal.

Abhisit is also guilty of abuse of power.

Really? Any links to the conviction?

• Like 2