PM Yingluck removed from office

webfact

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nepotism as a term originated with the assignment of nephews to cardinal positions by Catholic popes and bishops. Nepotism is found in the fields of politics, entertainment, business and religion - (Wikipedia)- and everywhere in Thailand.

• Like 2

I hope new caretaker PM dont have a cooking or a gardening show or something like that on TV....

I hope the new caretaker-PM doesn't have another concurrent job, for example working for Shin Corp, and then lie about it in court. wink.png

Names of the 8 minsters please

From the BP website today - 'The 10 individuals whose caretaker status has ended are: Yingluck, Surapong Tovichakchaikul, Chalerm Yubamrung, Kittiratt Na-Ranong, Santi Prompat, Anudith Nakornthap, Siriwat Kachornprasart, Pracha Promnok '

Good to get rid of Chalerm, Mr Cough Medicine Man, if no-one else - well, except YL of course. There'll be a few cardboard boxes being filled tonight ...

• Like 1

This will only make the country even less governable, less confident and less interesting for foreign investors - there is only one way forward and that is through democratic elections and now!

It's impossible to have democratic elections without a democratic landscape, which is why they are moving on reform first.

So you are in fact telling us that all and every government previously elected were illegal !

Not illegal but illegitimate!!

Piichai, on 07 May 2014 - 14:57, said:
Prbkk, on 07 May 2014 - 14:39, said:

Is anyone really surprised by this pre-determined decision? I doubt it. Now it's just a matter of who will be next in to lead the govt until the election

I think Abhisit would be a good choice, as it would enable him to oversee his reform proposal.

And then no more PR's issued for another few years like when the Dems were in power. At least the last folks in power did issue them as they were not anti non thais.

A very sad day for all that have applied for their PR.

Win sad.png

This is such a shame. I do believe that Yingluck was the best PM Thailand has ever had. Better even than her brother. She had a modern sense of politics, and like Bill Clinton, could "feel the pain" of ordinary voters. In her entire time in office she barely made a mistake (I assume changing the amnesty bill in the middle of the night to exonerate Thaksin, Abhisit and Suthep as well as ordinary protestors was her brother's idea). She handled the floods extremely well, rebuilt Thailand's image in the international community after the damage caused by the nativist ultra-nationalists, and then managed the long protests in a peaceful way (unlike the previous government).

But she had to go to appease the appetite for power of the ammart. They could not find anything substantive against her so they started making stuff up, and showing their misogynistic side, starting referring to her by all sorts of rude, demeaning sexual terms (a practice copied by many of the posters here).

Goodbye YS, and God bless you.

Thanks a lot for the good laugh....
I agree, InTown needs to get out of town...

Names of the 8 minsters please

From the BP website today - 'The 10 individuals whose caretaker status has ended are: Yingluck, Surapong Tovichakchaikul, Chalerm Yubamrung, Kittiratt Na-Ranong, Santi Prompat, Anudith Nakornthap, Siriwat Kachornprasart, Pracha Promnok '

Good to get rid of Chalerm, Mr Cough Medicine Man, if no-one else - well, except YL of course. There'll be a few cardboard boxes being filled tonight ...

I am happiest that (apart from Yingluck), that dunce Kittirat has gone!!!

Just listening to BBC world News with Nick Gowing summarising the situation.

Finishing off, he said nothing will be resolved now until the general election although even then not all parties will agree to participate because they are not happy with the system. facepalm.gif So there you have the real truth. She's gone so they can't use her as an excuse any more. the system works perfectly well in other democratic countries unless of course they have something other than democracy in mind.ph34r.png

It's been about reforms for quite some time now. Had Yingluck supported them...

It all doesnt really matter - another election PTP will win back to square one.

Incorrect it does matter...another group of Thaksin criminals were removed from office legally. The remaining PTP members including the next Thaksin clone leading them will have the same fate if they do not follow the rule of law and constitution. The courts this time around are showing they have the balls to rule. A good day forward for the rule of law in Thailand.

Right. But high time to change the electoral laws first. We've had: PPP, TRT and now PTP. Just changing a name after you have been found GUILTY of electoral fraud should just NOT BE POSSIBLE! In my opinion: The courts ARE independent. The only ones that cannot handle this are the red militia and some silly people repeating their "elite" rhetoric here on TV.

If there is an "elite" controlling Thailand, it's the Sae Khu clan, buying their way into power again and again. Then robbing and stealing the poor. Problem is, the poor don't see it. Or didn't until now. If the electoral laws are changed, by all means have elections. I absolutely KNOW who'll win, and it is NOT the PTP or whatever name they'll choose this time.

None of the parties you mention above have been found guilty of electoral fraud, so what is your point?

• Like 1

Som nam na Yingluk.

You raped and divided the country now pay the price.

A great day for Thailand and the Thai people.smile.png

Maybe, but will the "alternative" do better and introduce badly needed reforms?

Or will this just be another power grab in the name of "democracy"? Can the ammart give, NOT promise, reforms for the benefit of all Thai peoples?

One of the biggest problems Thailand has is its repeated failure to take out the shin clan and this ridiculous scenario where people ask what will Taksin do next, until he is taken out of the storyline by whatever means necessary then the saga will continue and the country will carry on in its self destructive direction.

While I do not discount Taksin's status currently, I do not think without him we would witness a return to pre-Taksin politics. For all his faults he awakened the majority poor to vote and demand attention to their problems. Perception is critical, he is perceived as having done more than previous leaders. Thus he raised expectations. The genie will not be put back in the bottle. Some will denounce "populist" policies but responding to the needs of the people is critical if you do not want a continuation of the current status.

• Like 2

Constitutional Court dismisses caretaker PM Yingluck from office for abuse of power
By Digital Content

1399453937625.jpg

BANGKOK, May 7 -- Thailand's Constitutional Court on Wednesday dismissed caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, saying that she has abused of the power of her office in the case involving her order to transfer former National Security Council (NSC) chief Thawil Pliensri to an inactive post in 2011.

The Court ruled unanimously that Ms Yingluck's order to transfer Mr Thaiwal was done in an unlawful manner and demonstrated a conflict of interest and violation of the Constitution.

The Court said in its ruling broadcast live on television for almost 90 minutes that the transfer of Mr Thawal was done with a hidden agenda and that Ms Yingluck used her status as prime minister to intervene in the transfer to benefit herself, her political party and wider family, which violated the Constitution.

The Court also said that Mr Thawil's transfer was done in an unreasonable hurry, the process was not transparent and it was unusual suspicious.

The transfer was carried out to open way for Pol Gen Priewpan Damapong, brother of Mr Thaksin's former wife, Potjaman Na Pombejra, could become national police chief.

The transfer was not done for the national interest, so her status as prime minister has ended, the Court said.

Meanwhile, the Court also dismissed caretaker Cabinet ministers involved in the Cabinet meeting to approve Mr Thawil's transfer on September 6, 2011.

Nine ministers who were in that Cabinet and still in the post in the present caretaker Cabinet and would also be removed by the court order.

They were Surapong Tovichakchaikul, Pol Gen Pracha Promnok, Kittiratt Na Ranong, Plodprasop Suraswadi, Santi Prompat, Gen Yuthasak Sasiprapha, Capt Chalerm Yubamrung, Siriwat Kajornprasart, Gp Capt Anudith Nakornthap.

The remainder of the caretaker Cabinet will continue their duties until new ministers are appointed.

The Court declined to appoint a new prime minister, saying it was beyond its authority. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-05-07

By

Is anyone really surprised by this pre-determined decision? I doubt it. Now it's just a matter of who will be next in to lead the govt until the election

I think Abhisit would be a good choice, as it would enable him to oversee his reform proposal.

I am positive that Suthep will agree with you, as Abhisit does what his boss Suthep tells him to do.

You seem to have missed the part where Suthep doesn't quite agree with Abhisit's proposal.

By

I am positive that Suthep will agree with you, as Abhisit does what his boss Suthep tells him to do.

You seem to have missed the part where Suthep doesn't quite agree with Abhisit's proposal.

.........and all of you seemed to have missed the news that it is the commerce minister.