Yingluck bids farewell to officials and the public

webfact

I met her just before she was elected, and had a lengthy conversation. I was impressed. On a personal level she was polite, charming, intelligent, diplomatic,and indeed attractive. But clearly not a streetwise politician, and not someone who was going to make independent decisions. To her credit she has survived quite well surrounded by a sea of corrupt, self serving old men,- with a few exceptions.

But at the end of the day she was the prime minister and has to carry the blame for the rice scheme failure and the other corrupt actions of her ministers. Unfortunately she both failed to do this, and tried to distance herself from the various scandals. In doing so she lost a lot of support from the vast majority of middle ground voters. I was hopeful that she would be otherwise, but her loyalties were always towards her brother and his 'vision' of Thailand, - whatever that is.

• Like 1

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fact check. The red shirts started violent public demonstrations in July of 2007Yes, in 2007 they were protesting against the military government

Indeed, the red shirts held violent demonstrations against the government in 2007 and again held violent demonstrations against the government in 2009 and once again held violent demonstrations against the government in 2010.

They are the undisputed champions of violence.

Do not necessarily agree with your wording but it is difficult to defend violence of any kind even if seemingly justified. I do not defend red shirt violence as I do not defend yellow shirt (PAD) violence as in 2008-9 with the seizure of the Government House and the forced closure and siege of airports throughout the country with the disruption of tourism and businesses. Of course, this orchestrated yellow shirt violence brought down another elected government, the PPP.

Speaking as someone who was physically in the airport at the time, I can assure you that there was no violence, and the atmosphere was jovial rather than tense, and for the departing passengers somewhat confusing. There was a severe shortage of reliable information after the airport and airline staff decamped.

I won't go into the tedious details, but suggesting (as you have done) that violence was involved in the occupation of the airport is inaccurate, it is an untruth - I know, because I was there!

You are a dissembler and a liar.

Have been watching this thread from a distance. What bunch of crap you just posted. You are lying. I was there to with my family and friends, like many of us we were all terrified. Outside it was like party or carnival atmosphere as the gutless police did nothing to help. Then some yellow shirt wai's me and tried to apologize. I was a hostage and so pissed if I was armed no telling what I would have done. In the distance later heard explosions as rumors circulated about bombs. So much for the yellow shirts and respect for tourists, tourism and private property.

To these yellow shirt, PAD, and PDRC supporters and sympathizers, understand that elections is about winning and losing. You win some and you lose some, but elections have consequences. You respect the right to vote. If you choose not to vote that is your choice but you can not deny others their right to vote. If you lose, consider your position was not popular with the electorate and if winning is that important to you then change your message. What you don't do is forcibly remove an elected government, takeover property and hold the public hostage. The right to vote and have elections is fundamental to democracy, one person, one vote and is more important than any person, ANY person.

• Like 1

The pro-judicial coup gringos that post on TV remind me of this crew of otherwise unemployable Southerners who are currently stinking up Lumpini.

A yellow shirt or a pro-Suthep Thai Visa brainfort will get you no closer to a free ride on the Thai pedigree bus than grovelling before Suthep will get anything whatsoever for the Lumpini crowd.

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit. . . . "

Although I thought the rice subsidy was ridiculous, it is quite sad that she had to go like this, she was a good Prime Minister but was just in unfortunate times. Unlike other administrations she actually had a plan and vision to develop Thailand's infrastructure and flood prevention systems. She didn't murder protesters like Abhisit and the Privy Council did.

, she was a good Prime Minister

In what way was she a good PM?

I can't stop being amazed about the wonders of the Thai courts! They remove her for a very insignificant reason because they couldn't prove her wrong with anything else like rice scheme pledge. This country is truly amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You better go back to Transylvania then.

I can't stop being amazed about the wonders of the Thai courts! They remove her for a very insignificant reason because they couldn't prove her wrong with anything else like rice scheme pledge. This country is truly amazing!

You better go back to Transylvania then.

I go there every year ;)

Hi Khun YL....just one thing before you go ....hope you don't mind me asking....sorry to intrude....but...when are the farmers being paid?

Thanks so much have a nice day

It will be PTP´s campaign. "Vote for us and you will get your money for your rice"

Yingluck bids farewell to officials and the public

Good residence. If you could bring all of the criminals you appointed with you, much appreciated. Bye Bye Krap.

"Good residence"? cheesy.gif

Yes, I think she has a few of them.

WOW!!!

It always amazes me the amount of Farang that support the PDRC aka yellow shirts in Thailand since most if not all Farang countries are democracries. Do you ever take into consideration the simple and honest fact that Yingluck was ELECTED PM by the majority of Thai people and was run out of office by a minority of people???

Are you all in favor of over throwing democratically elected officials if you don't agree with their policies?? If you do I suggest you go home and do that with your native government instead of siding with a bunch of people who say that poor persons are too stupid to vote and anyone without a bachelors degree should have no say in who is prime minister....Or maybe that's why you've come to Thailand in the first place, you know to keep those young thai whores in the hole.

Don't worry though because the PDRC and Wealthy Thais have no need for Farangs like the poor working class does. Enjoy it while it last. Continue to watch Blue Sky television instead of any free media that shows the MAJORITY of Thais not even including red shirts that want a DEMOCRATIC country.

What do elections mean when you buy votes with whiskey and a few hundred baht?

It's much more a question of "what do elections mean when voters are stuck in a patronage system". The 'correct' voting ensures a 'trickle down' money flow.

Thaksin very brilliant political philosophy is "trickle up".

Understand this and you understand why the old elite establishment so despise him.

Thai elections are free and fair!

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/PMS-DECLARATIONDemocracy-is-not-my-goal-90316.html

Such grace, Thailand had never seen. Farewell, but this is not good bye. We expect to see more of her soon.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Indeed, probably in the fashion-pages, of hi-so shopping-magazines. rolleyes.gif

But she does have the achievement, of having been Thailand's first-ever woman-PM.

Such grace, Thailand had never seen. Farewell, but this is not good bye. We expect to see more of her soon.

We expect to see more of her soon.

No we don´t!!!

srsv-----------------Disgrace is a better word, we didn't see much of her here anyway as she was mostly missing and travelling 50 times on aircraft to distant lands.

Speaking as someone who was physically in the airport at the time, I can assure you that there was no violence, and the atmosphere was jovial rather than tense, and for the departing passengers somewhat confusing. There was a severe shortage of reliable information after the airport and airline staff decamped.

I won't go into the tedious details, but suggesting (as you have done) that violence was involved in the occupation of the airport is inaccurate, it is an untruth - I know, because I was there!

Have been watching this thread from a distance. What bunch of crap you just posted. You are lying. I was there to with my family and friends, like many of us we were all terrified. Outside it was like party or carnival atmosphere as the gutless police did nothing to help. Then some yellow shirt wai's me and tried to apologize. I was a hostage and so pissed if I was armed no telling what I would have done. In the distance later heard explosions as rumors circulated about bombs. So much for the yellow shirts and respect for tourists, tourism and private property.

To these yellow shirt, PAD, and PDRC supporters and sympathizers, understand that elections is about winning and losing. You win some and you lose some, but elections have consequences. You respect the right to vote. If you choose not to vote that is your choice but you can not deny others their right to vote. If you lose, consider your position was not popular with the electorate and if winning is that important to you then change your message. What you don't do is forcibly remove an elected government, takeover property and hold the public hostage. The right to vote and have elections is fundamental to democracy, one person, one vote and is more important than any person, ANY person.

Firstly, I do not sympathise with PAD at all - I got stuck in Bangkok and basically had a whole lot of things planned and paid for that got up by the airport occupation. I have no particular sympathy for them. Making an assumption that I do support them because I think that TS and his lackeys are evil corrupt bastards is logically invalid. That is creating a dichotomy that doesn't exist. Inability to recognise this, is a characteristic of the intellectually bankrupt Red and their equally brain-dead mouthpieces.

As for your claim at being at BKK. Your claim is so sufficiently different from the reality, and I was there (I think I have posted that other places over the past years), that I am happy to call it is false. I didn't notice anyone "terrified", and there were lots of people there as they PADdies came in clapping there little clappers. There was no violence. No one was was taken hostage, though I admit, getting out of the airport and back to Bangkok was a non-trivial problem that lots of people were incapable of adequately solving.

The rest of your post is irrelevent to the one of mine you quoted, a rather misguided, incoherent rant without context. Not atypical of TV posts generally.

• Like 1

Fact check. The red shirts started violent public demonstrations in July of 2007Yes, in 2007 they were protesting against the military government

Indeed, the red shirts held violent demonstrations against the government in 2007 and again held violent demonstrations against the government in 2009 and once again held violent demonstrations against the government in 2010.

They are the undisputed champions of violence.

Do not necessarily agree with your wording but it is difficult to defend violence of any kind even if seemingly justified. I do not defend red shirt violence as I do not defend yellow shirt (PAD) violence as in 2008-9 with the seizure of the Government House and the forced closure and siege of airports throughout the country with the disruption of tourism and businesses. Of course, this orchestrated yellow shirt violence brought down another elected government, the PPP.

Reading apparently is not your strong point. You say you were inside the airport and if so you have my sympathies. At no time did I say there was violence inside the Suvarnabhumi Airport(assuming that is the airport you refer) . There was violence in the locations that I previously described between the police and PAD(yellow shirts). The violent confrontations between these two groups with scores injured is well documented in the press and maybe a few youtube videos. At Don Meuang I believe protesters may have lost their lives (not sure though). As I said before, I abhor violence and believe in peaceful right of assembly and protest.

As for your last sentence, that is a reflection on you and your character.

she was a great PM and really suprised me, i didnt expect she could step up but she did.

her standout and defining moment, apart from her excellent election campaign, was how she handled the protesters. patiently she waited them out, eventually they lost supporters every week and finally there was hardly any left.

compare that to Abhisit and Suthep who gave the order for live ammunition .... and killed almost a hundred.

also the way she dealt with some pretty ugly, fanatical, hate filled opposition groups in the public.... when she responded it was with grace, dignity, unlike the ugliness from her opponents. and im sure some of that will be on display again in the responses to this post.

anyhow, well done Yingluck....

If she was a great PM, how would you describe Thaksin?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The PTP won an election and then proceeded to screw up by the PM and the government acting undemocratically. First being directed by Thaksin and lying by denying and secondly turning the whole function of government towards the personal interest of Thaksin in the Amnesty Bill. Running another election does not change anything about the undemocratic behaviour and until that stops the crisis will continue. The Thaksin apologists are totally unable to grasp this point. The trouble is, once you have tied your knickers to the Its All About Thaksin mast, people can see you aren't wearing any any more and no amount of faux democracy bleating is going to save your blushes notwithstanding the nonsense 'from afar' pose.

The pro-judicial coup gringos that post on TV remind me of this crew of otherwise unemployable Southerners who are currently stinking up Lumpini.

A yellow shirt or a pro-Suthep Thai Visa brainfort will get you no closer to a free ride on the Thai pedigree bus than grovelling before Suthep will get anything whatsoever for the Lumpini crowd.

Says the unfunny man in Thaksin's pocket.

Indeed, probably in the fashion-pages, of hi-so shopping-magazines. rolleyes.gif

But she does have the achievement, of having been Thailand's first-ever woman-PM.

As well as Thailand's first-ever woman PM tossed out for criminal actions.

Congratulations to her.

• Like 1

Says the unfunny man in Thaksin's pocket.
Aha yes. In all this excitement we forgot about SheungWan and his generous financial advice.

Poor SheungWan, spent none too few hours here on TV counselling the financially untutored to squirrel any cash they had laying around into paper. Their investments spoils would have been subject to the 2% fee in and out plus the usual gouges and hiding behind the curtains charges his "industry" piles onto one's venture.

Unable to attack my suggestion that gold might be a good place to rest the dough this VERY funny man could only smear me as a "gold bug".

I suspect this silly smear of me lost him what he was after.

But now he's back.

(Posting from far outside the realm it seems.) He's somehow now got me in the pocket of the former premier Thaksin . . . . and whatever other facile smears he can pile on I suppose he will.

Guess I was right about you and your magic beans solutions to wealth storage.

The politics of our hosts the Thais are far more complex than anything you'd be able to discuss on this forum especially now when BOTH sides appear equally mired in confusion and you'd have me in Thaksin's pocket.

Another smear but really what else can we expect from SheungWan ?

What other nonsense can you heap

onto this play-act of yours ?

BTW, the fast-track queue for the pedigree bus you think you are getting on is restricted to Thai citizens.

The rest of us have no dog in this fight. (Cue the animal-cruelty smear)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Donnie Brasco