Yingluck bids farewell to officials and the public

webfact

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Although I thought the rice subsidy was ridiculous, it is quite sad that she had to go like this, she was a good Prime Minister but was just in unfortunate times. Unlike other administrations she actually had a plan and vision to develop Thailand's infrastructure and flood prevention systems. She didn't murder protesters like Abhisit and the Privy Council did.

• Like 1

I'll bet secretly she's sighing with relief and glad that it happened this way so it doesn't look like she quit or failed.

Yep,.... it wasn't ever her choice. Controlled by her greedy brother to play the pretty face of Pheu Thai and travel around the world for peanut representation...

.... let her go to Hawaii already... giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

Although I thought the rice subsidy was ridiculous, it is quite sad that she had to go like this, she was a good Prime Minister but was just in unfortunate times. Unlike other administrations she actually had a plan and vision to develop Thailand's infrastructure and flood prevention systems. She didn't murder protesters like Abhisit and the Privy Council did.

"She was a good Prime minister"

Where have you been during the last 2, 5 years? She must been the worst prime minister in living history, she never joined any debates in parliament and never answered any questions without guidance from her brother and his team.

Ask the parents of the kids killed outside Big C in Bangkok and in Trat what they think about "She didn't murder protesters"

• Like 2

the other mob will rob the country even worse and keep the population in poverty as they only care for their own pockets .the general population bettered themselves under the thaksins ,free health care saved many lives and freed them from pain by giving cheap drugs that they wouldnt have been able to afford esp HIV medication which saved many from dieing of AIDS .

the yellow elites would not have given them free health care at 30bahts

I would like to point out the AIDS stuff you mention is totally WRONG and the drugs given here are supported, initially supplied free under WHO structures by the MULTI NATIONAL (Yes THOSE bad guys) free and subsidised and permitted Thailand to make generics - giving away their patents. NOT THE PTP so get your facts straight. I KNOW as I WAS INVOLVED. The Thai govt pays what you and I pay for paracetamol for these drugs.

While we are talking about facts, still waiting on your response to a comment you made about a USA arrest warrant for Thaksin of Dubai ?

I am informed, as I can only be informed as I am not a US citizen nor a member of the jusdiciary, that The USA and other western nations have warrants out for his arrest is he lands on their sovereign soils for his role in embellishing his pockets with money donated over the Tsunami in Phuket many years ago and whilst he was PM he had immunity as well as impunity.. Ever wondered why he only attends CERTAIN counties?

He was in the US last year or the year before in New York...whistling.gif

Although I am no Rabid Red, and personally glad to see the back of Dear Yingie... I do believe your making this up or your have heard this while sitting on a bar stool, I was in Thailand when the Tsunami happened and don't remember any accusations of Thaksin of Dubai dipping his hand in the tsunami fund till, however I do remember the uproar about immigration making volunteers get work permits

You have a bad memory or didn't get the memo.

Reference here: http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/tsunami-cash-money-gone-t3099.html

Edit: Sorry, I couldn't be bothered chasing the original source

Edited by DrDweeb

the other mob will rob the country even worse and keep the population in poverty as they only care for their own pockets .the general population bettered themselves under the thaksins ,free health care saved many lives and freed them from pain by giving cheap drugs that they wouldnt have been able to afford esp HIV medication which saved many from dieing of AIDS .

I would like to point out the AIDS stuff you mention is totally WRONG and the drugs given here are supported, initially supplied free under WHO structures by the MULTI NATIONAL (Yes THOSE bad guys) free and subsidised and permitted Thailand to make generics - giving away their patents. NOT THE PTP so get your facts straight. I KNOW as I WAS INVOLVED. The Thai govt pays what you and I pay for paracetamol for these drugs.

While we are talking about facts, still waiting on your response to a comment you made about a USA arrest warrant for Thaksin of Dubai ?

I am informed, as I can only be informed as I am not a US citizen nor a member of the jusdiciary, that The USA and other western nations have warrants out for his arrest is he lands on their sovereign soils for his role in embellishing his pockets with money donated over the Tsunami in Phuket many years ago and whilst he was PM he had immunity as well as impunity.. Ever wondered why he only attends CERTAIN counties?

Although I am no Rabid Red, and personally glad to see the back of Dear Yingie... I do believe your making this up or your have heard this while sitting on a bar stool, I was in Thailand when the Tsunami happened and don't remember any accusations of Thaksin of Dubai dipping his hand in the tsunami fund till, however I do remember the uproar about immigration making volunteers get work permits

Reference here: http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/tsunami-cash-money-gone-t3099.html

by the looks of things you couldn't be bothered reading the link either.....where does it say in this piece

1. Thaksin of Dubai had his hand in the till ?

2. There are arrest warrants out in multiple countries including the USA for Thaksin of Dubai for misappropriation of Tsunami funding ?

3. your source posted is hardly credible news source is it ?

by the looks of things you couldn't be bothered reading the link either.....where does it say in this piece

1. Thaksin of Dubai had his hand in the till ?

2. There are arrest warrants out in multiple countries including the USA for Thaksin of Dubai for misappropriation of Tsunami funding ?

3. your source posted is hardly credible news source is it ?

I can't stop being amazed about the wonders of the Thai courts! They remove her for a very insignificant reason because they couldn't prove her wrong with anything else like rice scheme pledge. This country is truly amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

In my opinion, her lips will be forever stained black for the arse kissing she gave the worlds most corrupt and incompetent politician when he washed up on Thailands shores. Birds of a feather...may they all have similar fates.

I can't stop being amazed about the wonders of the Thai courts! They remove her for a very insignificant reason because they couldn't prove her wrong with anything else like rice scheme pledge. This country is truly amazing!

With respect, the final verdict on her possible negligence over the rice-scheme isn't yet in, so you're premature in concluding that "they couldn't prove her wrong with anything else like rice scheme pledge." All Thai court-cases run slowly, that's just the system, and punishments meted-out are also often unenforced.

In a similar way, some posters claim that the courts only got former-PM Thaksin on a minor conflict-of-interest case, while ignoring the stack of other cases awaiting his return & appearance-in-court.

And I'd also disagree that transferring someone to another job, allegedly to clear the way for a new person who's a relative, is "a very insignificant reason". It has the appearance of nepotism, and 'Caesar's wife must appear to be above all reproach', especially where one particular family has so very many political-positions/appointments to their credit ?

• Like 1

Yingluck and Obama, both the first in their own class of leaders. She the first woman and he the first black, and both will go down in history as incompetent leaders.

article-2234978-16179CDB000005DC-302_634

doubt it Einstein... he voted in for two terms and she a great 'First Woman Premier' both will be treated very kindly by history

it's not over...

O\f course it is not over Einstein. The pathetic incompetent Shinawatra puppet still has more court appearances, more charges and possible prison terms to be handed out. As has her peoples court convicted criminal fugitive brother. The courts have a lot to do with these Thaksin leeches yet. She might find the Dubai sand shafting her brothers testicles raw quite warmer than Thailand yet.

Loving it...would love to have video surveillance of the Dubai crim..Would be the icing on the cake watching him implode

Karma is life's sweetest allure.

The video surveillance video would likely show a shot very similar to his face when his wife was convicted of tax evasion.

post-207942-0-32194900-1399515447_thumb.

Remember the murder of the red shirts as ordered by Abhisit and Suthep

Which murders were those ?.......don't remember Abhisit and Suthep being convicted of murder in a court of law ?

Google it, court dates still pending. Stories were every where.

Some red supporters would have us believe that Thaksin's convictions were insignificant as well. Pity that the courts did not convict Yingluck and the rest of them for being accomplices in Thaksin's money laundering.
  • Like 1

"She was a good Prime minister"

Where have you been during the last 2, 5 years? She must been the worst prime minister in living history, she never joined any debates in parliament and never answered any questions without guidance from her brother and his team.

Ask the parents of the kids killed outside Big C in Bangkok and in Trat what they think about "She didn't murder protesters"

When describing Thailand's prime ministers against each other, it is all relative. On the grand scheme of things, ALL Thai PMs have been beyond abysmal. Even if it wasn't her and it was just Thaksin behind the scenes, at least they had a full plan on how to develop Thailand's infrastructure/road and rail systems as well as flood prevention systems. The previous administration did not do anything or even bother to try and fix the infrastructure crisis. And how on earth can you compare grenade attacks from an unseen source to a military with live ammunition firing and killing at least a 100 protesters in 2010? What about what happened in 1992 and 1971? Both those massacres were ordered by the same group of elites.

I'll bet secretly she's sighing with relief and glad that it happened this way so it doesn't look like she quit or failed.

Yep,.... it wasn't ever her choice. Controlled by her greedy brother to play the pretty face of Pheu Thai and travel around the world for peanut representation...

.... let her go to Hawaii already... giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

Yep, the long-time-reluctant-sister-that-eventually-capitulated-under-brother's-pressure should now be relieved and happier:

BANGKOK Thais usually celebrate Songkran, the countrys traditional new year festival, by tossing water and visiting Buddhist temples. Wealthy businesswoman Yingluck Shinawatra marked the April [2011] holiday by flying to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates to visit her fugitive older brother, Thailands ousted former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

He is my brother . . . so I have to pay respects to him, the 43-year-old executive said in an interview.

After returning to Bangkok, Yingluck announced that she would quit her job as head of SC Asset Corp., a successful property company majority-owned by her relatives. She then set out to revive another family enterprise: running Thailand

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/thaksins-sister-is-front-runner-to-become-thai-prime-minister/2011/06/05/AGAALATH_story.html

• Like 1

Remember the murder of the red shirts as ordered by Abhisit and Suthep

Which murders were those ?.......don't remember Abhisit and Suthep being convicted of murder in a court of law ?

Google it, court dates still pending. Stories were every where.

So what your saying is they haven't been convicted of anything by a court ?......but yet here you are stating that they ordered murders

not sure what country you come from, maybe your from North Korea, but where I come from, one is not guilty of anything until one is CONVICTED by a COURT OF LAW....

So your not posting anything factual, and what you have posted borders on being libelous, by suggesting that standing government officials, one of whom, happened to the PM ordered, in their official capacities, the pre-meditated murder of people

"She was a good Prime minister" [/size]

Where have you been during the last 2, 5 years? She must been the worst prime minister in living history, she never joined any debates in parliament and never answered any questions without guidance from her brother and his team. [/size]

[/size]

[/size]

Ask the parents of the kids killed outside Big C in Bangkok and in Trat what they think about "She didn't murder protesters"[/size]

When describing Thailand's prime ministers against each other, it is all relative. On the grand scheme of things, ALL Thai PMs have been beyond abysmal. Even if it wasn't her and it was just Thaksin behind the scenes, at least they had a full plan on how to develop Thailand's infrastructure/road and rail systems as well as flood prevention systems. The previous administration did not do anything or even bother to try and fix the infrastructure crisis. And how on earth can you compare grenade attacks from an unseen source to a military with live ammunition firing and killing at least a 100 protesters in 2010? What about what happened in 1992 and 1971? Both those massacres were ordered by the same group of elites.

The reds must have been firing fake M79s, not to mention the men in black. The only full plan Thaksin had in mind and has in mind is full capture of State Power so the abysmal attempt to relativise his antics, no sale. As for the flood prevention systems, where they? The lie is in the reference to 'Thaksin behind the scenes'. This whole current crisis caused by the government being pushed to put Thaksin's interest front and centre of their activities. 'Grenade attacks from an unknown source'? The Red Boiler Room will have to do much better than this.
  • Like 2

Some red supporters would have us believe that Thaksin's convictions were insignificant as well. Pity that the courts did not convict Yingluck and the rest of them for being accomplices in Thaksin's money laundering.

And it's petty that the courts doesn't convict the yellows for their money laundering , murder of people back in 2010 bloodshed in Bangkok and so on

"She was a good Prime minister" [/size]

Where have you been during the last 2, 5 years? She must been the worst prime minister in living history, she never joined any debates in parliament and never answered any questions without guidance from her brother and his team. [/size]

[/size]

[/size]

Ask the parents of the kids killed outside Big C in Bangkok and in Trat what they think about "She didn't murder protesters"[/size]

The reds must have been firing fake M79s, not to mention the men in black. The only full plan Thaksin had in mind and has in mind is full capture of State Power so the abysmal attempt to relativise his antics, no sale. As for the flood prevention systems, where they? The lie is in the reference to 'Thaksin behind the scenes'. This whole current crisis caused by the government being pushed to put Thaksin's interest front and centre of their activities. 'Grenade attacks from an unknown source'? The Red Boiler Room will have to do much better than this.

There is a difference between 'unseen source' and 'unknown source', the reason I said that was to highlight how brazen the Abhisit administration was on eradicating the protesters compared to the Reds who only resorted to surprise grenade attacks and the 'black shirt' hidden soldiers. This really shows which side is more powerful even though the majority of the population voted for PTP. And although Thaksin would probably like to gain full state power, I think he is smart enough to realize that it is a suicide mission as long as the privy council has control over the military and the judiciary. Most of the talk about Thaksin wanting to create a republic is pure fear mongering from the PDRC in order to demonize him as being against the monarchy. The infrastructure bill is absolutely critical for Thailand to progress into the next stage of development. Even if borrowing 2.2 trillion at a single time was too much and outside the boundaries of the constitution, the PDRC should at the very least provide a solution on how they are going to implement the infrastructure upgrades year by year and how they are going to solve the crisis. They are doing absolutely nothing except going on a lese majeste witch hunt and calling for absolute monarchy.

WOW!!!

It always amazes me the amount of Farang that support the PDRC aka yellow shirts in Thailand since most if not all Farang countries are democracries. Do you ever take into consideration the simple and honest fact that Yingluck was ELECTED PM by the majority of Thai people and was run out of office by a minority of people???

Are you all in favor of over throwing democratically elected officials if you don't agree with their policies?? If you do I suggest you go home and do that with your native government instead of siding with a bunch of people who say that poor persons are too stupid to vote and anyone without a bachelors degree should have no say in who is prime minister....Or maybe that's why you've come to Thailand in the first place, you know to keep those young thai whores in the hole.

Don't worry though because the PDRC and Wealthy Thais have no need for Farangs like the poor working class does. Enjoy it while it last. Continue to watch Blue Sky television instead of any free media that shows the MAJORITY of Thais not even including red shirts that want a DEMOCRATIC country.

What do elections mean when you buy votes with whiskey and a few hundred baht?

WOW!!!

It always amazes me the amount of Farang that support the PDRC aka yellow shirts in Thailand since most if not all Farang countries are democracries. Do you ever take into consideration the simple and honest fact that Yingluck was ELECTED PM by the majority of Thai people and was run out of office by a minority of people???

Are you all in favor of over throwing democratically elected officials if you don't agree with their policies?? If you do I suggest you go home and do that with your native government instead of siding with a bunch of people who say that poor persons are too stupid to vote and anyone without a bachelors degree should have no say in who is prime minister....Or maybe that's why you've come to Thailand in the first place, you know to keep those young thai whores in the hole.

Don't worry though because the PDRC and Wealthy Thais have no need for Farangs like the poor working class does. Enjoy it while it last. Continue to watch Blue Sky television instead of any free media that shows the MAJORITY of Thais not even including red shirts that want a DEMOCRATIC country.

Bit too close to the truth but well said.

I would think a lot of the 15 million who voted for her and her party will be pretty unhappy about a repeat of the seemingly endless cycle of judicial removal of elected bodies and I would think we can expect a violent response over the next few weeks as people vent their frustration at a system that denies them their rights.

The fools on here rejoicing at the apparent removal of the Shin family, have yet to realise that this is now about something far bigger and more important than Thaksin or his sister.

Interesting times indeed.

A would think that a lot of those 15,744,190 would already be unhappy about the disrespect to their vote the Pheu Thai party showed them. All wading through floodwaters and THaksin a new passport, 300 Baht /day worth less now than the much lower level three years ago, easy credit which needs to be repaid, 880 billion Baht spent on RPPS and poor farmers still poor, nice tabletPC shown by Yingluck and still waiting, blanket amnesty for corrupt politicians Abhisit/Suthep and even two years Yingluck.

The results of the unnulled Fab4 elections seemed to indicate a diminishing voter base, or at least one which wasn't happy about their government / party.

The fools who talk about a Pheu Thai win and elections and such seem to forget that without changes we can only expect more of the same. Thailand the lauching stock in ASEAN and the hub of cheap labour in AEC.

Reforms, dufficukt I know. To break the age old patronage system which is so interwoven in the social fabric of the Thai society is like a revolution. Western Europe took two centuries and in some cases real revolutions to reach something like a democracy. I fear that Thailand needs a benevolent dictatorship to build up democracy, and especially an educational system like democracies have. In ten years time a new generation would slowly start to emerge. Of course independent organisations would be needed to watch the dictatorship. An agreement to push such plan. Etc., etc.

Imagine, but then at times I'm a dreamer.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

she was a great PM and really suprised me, i didnt expect she could step up but she did.

her standout and defining moment, apart from her excellent election campaign, was how she handled the protesters. patiently she waited them out, eventually they lost supporters every week and finally there was hardly any left.
compare that to Abhisit and Suthep who gave the order for live ammunition .... and killed almost a hundred.

also the way she dealt with some pretty ugly, fanatical, hate filled opposition groups in the public.... when she responded it was with grace, dignity, unlike the ugliness from her opponents. and im sure some of that will be on display again in the responses to this post.
anyhow, well done Yingluck....

YL is just a tool. Great in that she managed to do what exactly. She hid out while the protesters were protesting?

She (with the help of her sister) managed to almost destroy the rice cultivation and farmers in her beloved country.

But guess what mister, more to come! The Shin a what show is finally seeing it's final season!

• Like 1

WOW!!!

It's much more a question of "what do elections mean when voters are stuck in a patronage system". The 'correct' voting ensures a 'trickle down' money flow.

And it's petty that the courts doesn't convict the yellows for their money laundering , murder of people back in 2010 bloodshed in Bangkok and so on

What we do know for sure is that Thaksin has been convicted and has been illegally directing the activities of a government that has just shot itself in the foot by calling for an election, for what? Bring Thaksin in from the cold? And in the process lose their PM. The thing we can always expect from Thaksin is that eventually he screws up. Every time. Its the Thaksin playbook.
  • Like 1

WOW!!!

It's much more a question of "what do elections mean when voters are stuck in a patronage system". The 'correct' voting ensures a 'trickle down' money flow.

Thaksin very brilliant political philosophy is "trickle up".

Understand this and you understand why the old elite establishment so despise him.

Thai elections are free and fair!