So England Win The Group...

Backpack_thailand

I reckon if england keep playing like that first game they could nab the cup. it only needs every team to score a couple of OG´s and there will be no stopping the English.

did you see T&T's goalkeeper in action against sweden? england couldn't get a goal against paraguay who had a way worse goalkeeper ...lets just say if T&T get a chance of scoring a goal against england its quite possible.

did you see T&T's goalkeeper in action against sweden? england couldn't get a goal against paraguay who had a way worse goalkeeper ...lets just say if T&T get a chance of scoring a goal against england its quite possible.

Shaka Hislop is hardly Gordon Banks , but he had a decent few saves.

Rooney has scored many past him in the prem , he will likely do similar on Thursday ( if he plays )

Owen has scored even more against Shakey.

:o

I have just read the Sun's star ra(n)tings for the game. Terry was man-o-the match, and I thought he had his worse game for many a month. Apart from the save he made to deny T & T, he was terrible. The Coles on the other hand, were both live wires, and didn't get rated. Nearly everyone got a 5, a change from against Paraguay when nearly everyone got a 7. Does the guy actually watch the matches?

My ratings ( Sun ratings in brackets)

Robinson 5 (5)

Terry 6 only for the save. (8)

Cole 7 (6)

Carragher 6 (5)

Ferdinand 5 (7)

Gerrard 7 (6)

Cole J 8 (5)

Lampard 6 (5)

Beckham 7 (6)

Owen 5 (5)

Crouch 6 (5)would have got more but for that ridiculous effort he should have just contolled and tapped in.

subs

Downing 7 (5)

Rooney 5 (6)

Lennon 7 (5)

Lets have some of your ratings

Nearly backpack, unfortunately Sweden scored an 88th minute winner. Still, only a draw needed V Sweden to top the group. Germany second round? Ecuador seem to have a very decent team, they beat both Brazil and Argentina in the qualifiers too. I don't see Germany beating them.

From The times:

ROUTE TO THE FINAL

ENGLAND HAVE qualified for the knockout stages, but Sweden’s win last night means Sven-Göran Eriksson’s team can finish second in the group if they are beaten by the Swedes on Tuesday night. On the plus side, because group A will be completed on Tuesday afternoon, England will begin the match against Sweden knowing what they have to do if they want to avoid Germany next.

If England win group B, they will probably face:

Knockout round Ecuador, Stuttgart, June 25

Quarter-finals Portugal or Holland, Gelsenkirchen, July 1

Semi-finals Brazil, Munich, July 5

Final Argentina, Berlin, July 9

If England finish second:

Knockout round Germany, Munich, June 24

Quarter-finals Argentina, Berlin, June 30

Semi-finals Italy or France, Dortmund, July 4

Final Brazil, Berlin, July 9

so hard to rate from looking at TV screen, but basically Terry was below par and Crouch was like a dysfunctional robot, he is an ambarrassment really. So he scored yeah but c'mon the guy is a clown :o

Have to agree, but I am more concerned with Owen's performances so far..he just does not look at all threatening.

Cant believe that the Sun only gave Aaron Lennon 5. To me he was the difference, not Rooney. He gave us that pace and inspiration and tore them apart down the right wing. From his first run, we started to look threatening.

He must start in future.

Cant believe that the Sun only gave Aaron Lennon 5. To me he was the difference, not Rooney. He gave us that pace and inspiration and tore them apart down the right wing. From his first run, we started to look threatening.

He must start in future.

Agree 100%. Until Lennon came on we had failed to beat a man. Lennon was the first player to actually go past anyone and pose a threat. He was my Man of the Match.

Congratulations England , you've now scored as many goals as Australia.

Though that's in 2 games, against easier opposition and 1 of them was an own :o

Edited by Simmo

Though that's in 2 games, against easier opposition and 1 of them was an own

England have also already qualified for the next stage. Australia only have to beat Brazil and Croatia to join us. :o

Though that's in 2 games, against easier opposition and 1 of them was an own :D

Paraguay and T&T easier than Japan :o

You boys are going to get a large spanking when you start playing some teams, ie- overrated Brazil, and the Croats. :D