Russian Man Collides with a Lamp Post in Pattaya Killing Him Instantly

Rimmer

We all take our chances on the road and anyone of us could die in a car accident or bike accident.

And most of us when were younger did silly things on the road and got away with them.

Unfortunately this guy didn't.

Why so many want to take the moral high ground here I don't know. Doubt if many of them are paragons of virtue themselves.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps if the RTP were doing their jobs in a proper manner and not just sitting around watching TV and eating somtam there would be less accidents and they would not have to get off their backsides to "rush to the scene".

When are they going to catch on ? their job is to reduce accidents and crime and not "rush to the scene" to report it

OK,, I'll say it,, even though it's a B*LLSH*T comment,,, JUST to take the, "pleasure" away from the, "warriors",,,, that race to be the 1st,,,,, "GOOD,,,, one less, "quality tourist",, sad,, SAD lot you that proudly post that type of BS,,, ,, again,,, RIP young man,,,,

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

From your posts, it sounds like you had a really bad day. Relax, and if the posts really bother you this much, don't read them -- simple. But to quote a former Secretary of State, "at this point, what difference does it make?" According to the report, the guy was going very fast on a rented motorbike and lost control and hit a lamp post, killed instantly. Had he been going more slowly, he'd probably be alive now -- no strong feelings of sympathy from me (but I am also not happy that he was killed -- I didn't even know him). Unlikely that he or any of his friends/relatives will be reading the posts here or care what is said if they do. If a few computer quarterbacks get a thrill at poking "fun" at this (admittedly sad) event, no great harm is, I think, done, except to your overly PC sensibilities. Frankly, your rants are more offensive and distrubing, at least to me, than the posts that you object to so stronly, even having to make up a tasteless post to take away the thrill of being the first to make that particular offensive post -- well done (not). So, relax, have a beer and keep off your motorbike so that you are not the focus of the morbid posts tomorrow. Cheers,

I agree,,, I just really get pissed,, when either a sad accident story, or as recently, a very happy,positive story about some young guy coming here, having a great time with what at least HE thinks,, is the love of his life,,, is hi-fi jacked ,, "oh, dead tourist on motor bike?,, good ridence, "quality tourist ",,, or,,, "you have fantastic time with your new Thai Girl?,, she NOT ask for $?,,, run mate,,, RUN LIKE THE WIND, THEY'RE ALL THE SAME!",,,, FREAKING SAD,,, SAD, SAD, ARSEWHOLES!,,,, just pisses me off,,, if you can't say,, "I'm happy for you",,,, or just keep your mouth SHUT, about some person dying in an accident,,,,,

Can you please explain how this was an ACCIDENT ? Do you have information that everyone else is missing ?

Tragic and sad yes but I wouldn't call this an accident. Having lived here for a few years I have seen and read about many doing the exact same thing. When You get a drunken tourist riding a bike at high speed on roads he doesn't know and riding without a crash helmet and probably used to driving on the wrong side of the road and crashing into a stationary object that isn't an accident.

This tragic event could have been avoided at many opportunities but weren't

Another dead tourist that came here for the holiday of a lifetime and made sure it was his last.

RIP !

ac·ci·dent
ˈaksidənt/
noun
  1. 1.
    an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury.
    "he had an accident at the factory"
  • Like 1

The point of my, "rant",,, is that some 30 years old,, that, SURELY, at that age,, had family/friends/loved ones,, that CARED ABOUT HIM, LOVED HIM,,, died in an terrible accident,,, And normal TVF, "detectives" have it all solved,,, and attempt to make light/jokes about his unfortunate death, attempt to blame on him,,, make him out as if,, "servers him right",,, obviously in a SAD attempt,, to feel better about their own sad, lonely lives,,,

He can only blame himself, no helmet, too fast , drink too much etc..

Still RIP .

Why do you know all this things? You guess......Thats it.

For a few weeks ago we had here "a police man shot to a motor bike driver"

Maybe a drunken motor car driver cut his way, maybe another motor bike cross him without lights in his lane and he was trying to avoid him.

Maybe a dog on the road. Who knows?

Why do you think always bad from other´s?

I don´t care if he was Russian, black/white or a muslime. He was a youngster and he died with 30 years. Some of you guys have no respect at all.

Russian killed in motorbike crash on outskirts of Pattaya

road-3.jpg

PATTAYA:--In the early hours of Thursday a 30 year old Russian Tourist was killed after he reportedly lost control of his rented motorbike which struck a street pylon situated in the central reservation of the main Highway leading into Pattaya.

Police and rescue services were called to the 155km marker on the Pattaya-bound carriageway of the Sukhumvit Road just before 1am to deal with the single-vehicle crash which resulted in the death of Mr. Andrey Bogdanov.

The crash occurred close to the entrance of Soi Na-Jomtien and according to a security guard at the nearby Ambassador City Hotel, the victim was staying there and had earlier rented a motorbike from a shop located next to the Hotel. He had been seen driving the bike at a high rate of speed some hours before the crash and moments before the incident he was seen leaving the Hotel complex with some urgency on the bike.
- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/127535/russian-killed-in-motorbike-crash-on-outskirts-of-pattaya/#sthash.ea2L7tQd.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-05-09

I am a motorcycle rider ..been one for 50 years also a motorcycle tech in OZ for the same time...and now living in Thailand...would I ride a bike here on the main roads...not a chance ...I call all Thai bike riders here TT riders (temper y Thai's) after seeing how they ride ..where they ride and what road rules they ignore ...do they have road rules ...

Tourists with no riding experience hop on a moped and have no idea just how fast some of these bikes go and helmets are usually not worn but carried ...there needs to be a duty of care to these shops that hire out bikes ...are the tourists licensed to ride a motorcycle and if not then no hire

• Like 2

OK,, I'll say it,, even though it's a B*LLSH*T comment,,, JUST to take the, "pleasure" away from the, "warriors",,,, that race to be the 1st,,,,, "GOOD,,,, one less, "quality tourist",, sad,, SAD lot you that proudly post that type of BS,,, ,, again,,, RIP young man,,,,

The thing is though, what you are raving on about hasn't actually happened and the only person to say those things is you. Very odd.

Electric posts can not cross the street,but can stand ON the street,i mean on the drive-lane,come have a look in Soi Nerm Plaab Waan close to the Temple .

The posts stand there for more then 10 years ,killed a few and maimed hundreds .

Nothing is ,nor will be done ,tit.

In Thailand you better keep your eyes open if you drive,walk and even just stand still (under a coconut tree !)coffee1.gif

Upon questioning Mr Nop Sricharoen aged 27 an Ambassador Hotel security guard he told police that Mr Bogdanob was staying at the hotel and also rent the bike from there, he saw Mr Bogdanob riding the motorbike at very high speed along the Sukhumvit Rd. heading towards Pattaya when suddenly he lost his control and collided with the lamp post killing him instantly.

Nothing proven whether the victim was tanked up, licenced, wearing crash helmet, etc. but I am of mind to accept the security guards account of events, speeding, probably going as fast as the bike will go, he is Russian and they drive on the other side of the road there, it was night, he was going flat out on Thai roads which often are more potholes than tarmacked, thankfully it was a lamp post and not a pedestrian.

Edited by Basil B

There are so many sick losers who respond on this site. A poor person has died and we get comments as above.

I full agree with you.

I agree,, which is WHY I posted a couple, "he deserved it" type posts,,, (didn't mean them of course) JUST to take the, "pleasure" away of those that seem to RACE to be the 1st to do such,,, The TROLLS that with limited info, ALWAYS seem to have the entire situation figured out,,, NO where in the report does it state he was drunk, riding without a helmet, etc,,, YET,,, several posters have chosen to include such info in their posts,,, and several even make, "fun" of the accident,,, I understand that on ANY/ALL internet forums,, you'll ALWAYS get such posts,,, but TVF seems to in EVERY post of this type,, SO many seem to REVEL in being the 1st ARSEWHOLE to post such crap,,, it's getting really, REALLY sad,,,

Edited by Adeeos

If you refer to me I am not a sick loser, yes we do not know the full story but we still can think about what caused this accident , without harming anyone on this forum. Maybe even learn from it.

What we do know from the news is that he was driving too fast and was killed almost instantly after hitting a lamp post.

Did he wear a helmet ? Maybe not, was he drunk? Maybe not, was he in a hurry ? Yes he was. He died because he did'nt know the rules here, too fast and furious.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There are so many sick losers who respond on this site. A poor person has died and we get comments as above.

While I do not agree with or see much value in many of the posts in this thread, the posts of only one person seem to suggest he is "sick", enough so that he conjures up and posts inappropriate, insensitve posts to take the the thrill away from another possible poster for being the first to post such insensitive dribble. That behavior, to me, suggests a person with some issues. I am glad that you agree.

Many posters make jokes about fatal accidents.

Maybe these posters look at the probable facts, being speed alcohol in blood no safety helmets no lights no real knowledge of road etiquette.

When these facts are considered, maybe these posters have a good point.

I'm not saying all, but many of these fatality riders, are a danger to innocent pedestrians and fellow road users.

The probability of this Russian rider being tanked up with disregard for other road users in my view is high. Very high.

• Like 1

helmet?

licence?

vodka?

speed?

ego?

Have I missed something?

Yes, most likely an inexperienced rider but okay also many Thais dies after midnight on scooters after having a good time at a karaoke bar or whatever.

I see some Russians riding bikes/scooters in Pattaya and they are outright dangerous to themselves and others, some are riding like mad and some are very very unsure and are all over the place. The signal light is most likely "on" despite they are riding on Beach Road, going straight, he-he.

Thankfully most Thais are skilled riders since they have been riding bikes since they were 12-15 years old and know when to stay well clear otherwise we would see way more accidents.

The odd thing is when the tourists get busted for not riding with a MC license they pay the fine and are are sent on their way again.

No matter why it happened it's sad that a 30 year old man dies this way, you are on the top of your life at this age.

• Like 1

If you refer to me I am not a sick loser, yes we do not know the full story but we still can think about what caused this accident , without harming anyone on this forum. Maybe even learn from it.

What we do know from the news is that he was driving too fast and was killed almost instantly after hitting a lamp post.

Did he wear a helmet ? Maybe not, was he drunk? Maybe not, was he in a hurry ? Yes he was. He died because he did'nt know the rules here, too fast and furious.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Exactly,, all great points,,, so why do SOOOO many here,, feel the need to either make light of someone dying,,, or blame them for it,,, WITHOUT ,, facts,,, or usually,,, BOTH?!,,,, AND seem to take a great deal of pride in the fact,,,, "YEEES!, I'M THE FIRST ONE!!!!",,,,, that's my point,,,,

TVF,, "should" be a group,,, helping each other out,,, NOT looking to be the 1st , to leave a, "funny" response to someone's tragic death,,, weather they were at fault or not,,,,

Edited by Adeeos

That must of hurt...facepalm.gif

R.I.P.

He probably didn't feel a thing. It would have been an instant death.

The body has amazing coping mechanisms that can turn on instantly for situations like that. So I'm with you, he didn't feel a thing. His brain was dealing with it, preparing for the worst, the moment he lost his balance.

Many posters make jokes about fatal accidents.

Maybe these posters look at the probable facts, being speed alcohol in blood no safety helmets no lights no real knowledge of road etiquette.

When these facts are considered, maybe these posters have a good point.

I'm not saying all, but many of these fatality riders, are a danger to innocent pedestrians and fellow road users.

The probability of this Russian rider being tanked up with disregard for other road users in my view is high. Very high.

I was in a high speed bike accident on Sukhumvit. Based on the accident, speed of the car, and all the other cars on the road, I should now have survived. Only by freak chance I did. But I broke bones and was pretty beat up. Had to go the hospital. Happened in the middle of the day, it was a speeding car who hit me from behind like I was standing still and I was already going 60kph, maybe more. Not that I cared because I was happy to be alive later, but I was cited as the wrong doer even though I was hit from behind. The driver knew they did wrong and didn't ask for anything. I wouldn't have paid it, but they didn't ask, and I was happy to be alive. They even came to the hospital to make sure we were OK. Not drunk (no one was), just speeding like a bat out of hell. How we lived is anyone's guess, but my cheap 150b helmet saved my head, that much I know. Can't say as much for the rest of my body, and I still have serious scars to prove it.

It changed out how ride and look at the roads.

Having said that, it is no secret that too many drivers are hammered when they have accidents.

It's sad because some person,,, young out old,, died in an ACCIDENT,,,, yet so many here,, see it as a reason to make, "funny" responses,,,

The guy that was killed was one of approximately 3,400 people killed on that day in highway accidents worldwide (1.24 million deaths worldwide in the year 2010, ..... Half of all road traffic deaths are among pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists, and adults aged between 15 and 44 years account for 59% of deaths. 3 out of 4 road deaths are among men). He is a statistic, and in his case a self-inflicted one, making it, IMHO, less sad. How many of the 3,400 people killed did you feel sadness for? Or even a thought? The reality is that the only reason it is "sad" is because it has been put in front of your nose in black and white. The whole event is inconsequential and does not merit being called "news". No one posting here knew him and probably never met or came in contact with him, and have no feeling for or about him, good or bad.

This is an open forum, and people come here to post their thoughts, given their own experiences and views on what it right or wrong, appropriate or inappropriate. No one made you the thought czar or, thankfully, a moderator. To all of us, this guy is a faceless (thanks to the dots) statistic, and some will find a "humorous" (or at least an attempt at it) response appropriate in that context. All of the "RIP" posts make me puke, but if they make the posters feel better, I forgive them. There are forum rules, and to my knowledge, such posts do not violate any of the Forum rules. And if they offend you, don't read the news stories regarding car or motorbike accidents, as some of the posts will surely offend your "holier than thou" sensibilities. Next..............

I'll take it a step further, at the risk of upsetting Adeeos again. When I ride my motorbike around Pattaya I often wish many of the young idiots I see riding very dangerously would kill themselves. Unfortunately they often kill innocent people. Even more so for the idiots driving cars dangerously. They're a danger to society and should be shot for what I've seen many of them do on the roads here. eg. Crashing red lights, driving on the wrong side of solid orange lines at speed on blind bends. What about the mothers carrying babies in their arms and riding one-handed on motorcycles?

• Like 1

, SO many seem to REVEL in being the 1st ARSEWHOLE to post such crap,,, it's getting really, REALLY sad,,,

Seriously mate, you're the 1st and only one on this thread.

• Like 1