Brit, Living in Thailand, offered job in Saudi - Help!

Hi folks.

Completely out of the blue, I have been offered a job in Saudi which is basically difficult to turn down. I am hunting everywhere on the net for info as I need to have an answer by Sunday 11th May.

Just brain storming as my mind is racing like a good un:-

I am sure there are people here work in Saudi. I want to do 3 weeks on 1 week off. Is it better to initially apply for a 6 month multi entry business visa and take the work visa in slow time?

I want to continue to live here, family will not be going there.

If i get the business visa, then I am guessing i would need to have a letter from a company in UK or can it be done as an independent consultant from here?

As a Brit can I get the full range of visa services at the Saudi Embassy in BKK?

Do you know any helpful sites I could look at.

Many thanks if you can help. I will even buy you a beer whilst I sit in BKK for the Embassy to do their stuff.

Your post confuses me, but I'm assuming you are asking about visas for Saudi, not visas for LOS.

When I went to work there, the company I worked for took care of all the bureaucracy, so why isn't that the case for you? Not just visas; once there you will have to get an igama and I have no idea how you would do that on your own.

Up to me, I'd be expecting the company that was employing me there to do all that side of things.

The company usually looks after visas. The couple of times I went to Saudi they seem to have a well-oiled visa process but that was a few years ago. I live in Thailand and work in the Middle East, West Afica and sometimes the UK - like now. Can you get a better rotation? Even time maybe?

The company usually looks after visas. The couple of times I went to Saudi they seem to have a well-oiled visa process but that was a few years ago. I live in Thailand and work in the Middle East, West Afica and sometimes the UK - like now. Can you get a better rotation? Even time maybe?

Rooo - Thank you.

thaibeachlovers - No worries, I was confused also when I posted. I have to agree in principle quite quickly and it is not for a normal multi-national type of company, so I am/was trying to find out as much as possible bearing in mind they are all shut for the weekend. If I start I would like to start very quickly and have read that a good way to do that may be to get a multi-entry 6 mth Business Visa, and could then let them work on my work visa in slower time.

Thaiberius - love the name! Just so I am not missing anything, what would you consider a better rotation or time? I could get pretty much whatever I want. It's just that I have young children and dont want to be away for too long at a time. Thanks.

I dont think a business visa actually allows you to have a job there. As previously stated you will need an Iqama which is a resident permit which will also state what job you are allowed to do and who you work for. Normally you would arrive there on an entry visa which would require a sponsor in Saudi to arrange. Once there you then get your Iquama which allows you to work and can apply for a visa to leave. We used to have the option of an exit/reentry visa or a six month multi exit/reentry visa. Again as previously stated the company/person you will be working for will need to be involved in this process.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app