Four bomb attacks hit Bangkok after court verdict dismissing Yingluck

webfact

I believe that "an eye for an eye" is a common view, in the Middle-East, where I believe the inspiration for these grenade attacks comes from.

Whether directly, under orders to show 'his' displeasure at the courts' verdicts, or indirectly from the over-enthusiatic people who swallow all the propaganda whole.

Either way, one can only hope that innocent people don't get hurt, and that only these few token-bombings will be deemed sufficient, to regain the lost face. wink.png

Loss of face seems to be in the bombers' favour, because it seems to prevent the police from finding these perpetrators

Nobody should be surprised about the way thinks are unfolding. I remember a while back reading an article here on TV about two Somchais, neighbors, sitting around drinking whiskey, when they ended up in an argument about whos roster was the best. What ended up was, one Somchai killed the other Somchai. That is normal behavior for Thai men to behave when confronted with a problem. I am right, and I will kill you. Thai boys are cuddled by their mothers who tell them they are number 1. It is going to take several generations before Thailand is up to western standards, all of us here on TV will be long gone.

There is nothing that we farang can do except stay out of the way. The best we can hope for is that some of those who are throwing these bombs are shot by the police or army. Darwin talked about creatures like this.

darwinawardsmotivation.jpg

• Like 1

Let the games begin Thailand will show the world how proper democratic governance in a country should be done, the hub of democracy until the military take full control once again.

"A ping-pong ball explosion at the Defence Ministry compound near Sanam Luang caused minor damage, said Pol Colonel Kamthorn Uei-charoen, an EOD unit commander.

He said the EOD was not notified of the attack by local police, who deemed it to be a light, non-lethal attack."

The local police has some interesting standards it would seem, or just a bit blasé with the near nightly attacks?

• Like 1

This is getting scary, time to leave Bangkok for a few days.

Why..they are only throwing these grenades to intimidate people, the peaceful red shirts are really intending to hurt anyone according to the RTP

I don't like dodging home made explosives, you never know how potent they are - "....trying to intimidate people" .....sounds to me like someone that has never been in an explosion and hasn't a clue what he/she is talking about.......me, if I was in BKK, I'd take a short vacation elsewhere. PM me if you want to elaborate in Private.wai2.gifwai2.gif

It's a bit scary when you think that some folk carry hand grenades ... what if they miss fire and go off in a BTS or in a crowded area ?

Dangerous times ?!

Let's hope peace will be restored !

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It only got worse in 1975, the Students took over the Govt, the Thai SF straffed the streets of Bangkok with mini-guns from Huey's stolen from Lopari - Yeah, it can get a lot worse.

the m-79 grenade the favourite tool of the ptp democrats and the red shirt thugs never mind dr bruce you will be ok

We all have our opions about who is responsible for the grenades, I do not share yours.

But, whoever is bombing will be in overdrive this weekend. If you believe that it is the Redshirt protesting a decision that they feel was unfair or if you believe that it is other hands that are trying to provoke a violent confrontation. Both sets of beliefs lead in my mind to a violent weekend.

I have business in Bangkok until lunchtime, then I am out of here.

Yes Dr. B the peaceful history of red shirt protests is absolute proof that they would never stoop so low as to use violence to further their cause, nor fecal matter, black magic, blood, tires, bamboo sticks, they would never steal weapons from soldiers, kill senior army officials, intimidate farmers not to protest, take over hospitals, kill innocent children, operate their own stop and search check points, etc. The reds have never done any of that and ANY evidence to the contrary was false flag attacks planned by the yellows and fake red shirts and fake farmers protesting, etc.

OK doc, I got ya. Cool dude...we are in perfect agreement!

• Like 1

Except if you need to attend the UK Embassy for Visas for wife/letters for retirement visas. I wrote to Embassy & asked why they were warning able-bodied tourists to avoid BKK whilst demanding senile pensioner ex-pats attend in person from all over Thailand. They wrote back eventually (3 emails later) to advise I get a 5 yr wife visa!

the m-79 grenade the favourite tool of the ptp democrats and the red shirt thugs never mind dr bruce you will be ok

We all have our opions about who is responsible for the grenades, I do not share yours.

But, whoever is bombing will be in overdrive this weekend. If you believe that it is the Redshirt protesting a decision that they feel was unfair or if you believe that it is other hands that are trying to provoke a violent confrontation. Both sets of beliefs lead in my mind to a violent weekend.

In 2010 when your best buddy Big T didn't get his money back there was a similar bombing activity, conincidental or just the vapors. There were negotiations between the government and designated folks associated with Bg T and the bombing stopped. You may want to take off the tin foil hat and face it Big T will do any thing to stay in power

Yes Dr. B the peaceful history of red shirt protests is absolute proof that they would never stoop so low as to use violence to further their cause, nor fecal matter, black magic, blood, tires, bamboo sticks, they would never steal weapons from soldiers, kill senior army officials, intimidate farmers not to protest, take over hospitals, kill innocent children, operate their own stop and search check points, etc. The reds have never done any of that and ANY evidence to the contrary was false flag attacks planned by the yellows and fake red shirts and fake farmers protesting, etc.

OK doc, I got ya. Cool dude...we are in perfect agreement!

If one keeps saying its not them long enough they will believe anything

Aw, not scared of your own lovely people are you? They wouldn';t hurt you. You're their champion & spokesman. Yingluck is being looked after. She doesn't have to come to Bangkok for anything now.

Of course the Reds win the next election.

But really Reds.

When the other side plays dirty with puppet courts put into power after coups, it is time to play rough.

Off Topic. Unless you mean "But really reds" --- throwing the bombs"

The Shins have to go for the good of Thailand. Do the crime. Be prepared to do the time.