Summer Transfers, Rumours & Opinions

uptheos

I don't know why you are so confident that Rodriguez is going to be on the bench rijit.

Di Maria is definitely up for sale.

Maybe it's an opportunity just to have a swipe at a super rich club.

Manchester United transfer news: United made aware Angel di Maria is available whilst Mats Hummels has not been discounted

Independent.

well going on madrids prefered formations last season imo he'll struggle to fit in as did isco. and as the season progressed ti marias imp0rtance to the team grew. anc' didnt want to sell him or.put him in the bale deal , and in the run in it could be he argued his form was critical , irreplacable ,nah but going on ronnies world cup would he be? and lets not forget EVERY player has his price anyway seems this guys got similar thoughts to me. http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jul/22/james-rodriguez-real-madrid-masterplan

A good read rijit. Thanks for that. thumbsup.gif

If Isco goes to Liverpool and Ancelotti falls flat on his face, so be it.

Sooner or later Chelsea will face RM or Barca.

And then again Isco won't be going to Liverpool and Ancelotti won't be falling flat on his face and in all honesty, does anyone want to watch a spectacle of Chelsea facing either of those two watch Mourinho plonking his entire team in the shape of a parked bus?

Would that be a double decker or single carms ?

• Like 1

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it will be a Mercedes not a Volvo. biggrin.png

I've been reading up about this modern rapid counter attacking thingy. thumbsup.gif

Which is probably why Felipe Luis at LB and Dave Azpuletc at RB could be handy.

Interesting to see how Mata works at UNITED under van Gaal.

Chelsea bow out of Varane and Miranda deals as Jose Mourinho targets Kurt Zouma inclusion.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/491113/Chelsea-bow-out-of-Varane-and-Miranda-deals-as-Jose-Mourinho-targets-Kurt-Zouma-inclusion

The Portuguese manager has been linked with numerous defensive additions including Raphael Varane and Joao Miranda.However it is the 19-year-old who is now most likely to provide cover for John Terry, Gary Cahill and Branislav Ivanovic.

thumbsup.gif

Manchester City are looking into the availability of Real Madrid star Isco, following the Spanish giants' big money signing of James Rodriguez from Monaco.

With Rodriguez now a Madrid player, after he completed his £63m move on Tuesday, Isco could find regular football hard to come by with the European champions.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-city-transfer-news-premier-league-champions-interested-in-real-madrid-star-isco-9622975.html

I think it will be a Mercedes not a Volvo. biggrin.png

I've been reading up about this modern rapid counter attacking thingy. thumbsup.gif

Which is probably why Felipe Luis at LB and Dave Azpuletc at RB could be handy.

Interesting to see how Mata works at UNITED under van Gaal.

didnt think.it worked last season cant see it workin this year. thought it was a bad buy cant see it changing under vg. If anything imo it'll get worse and he'll be off bac to spain for about half what utd paid.

Despite watching his side hammer LA Galaxy 7-0 in his first game in charge, Louis van Gaal has hinted at change at Manchester United due to an unbalanced squad.

The Dutchman succeeds David Moyes at Old Trafford but says: "We have four number 10s, so the selection is not balanced in my eyes."

BBC.

Looks like Liverpool are being a bit more modest/realistic than they were a week or so ago.

Liverpool will focus on signing Chelsea left-back Ryan Bertrand having missed out on Tottenham's Ben Davies, reports the Daily Star.

The Reds are keen on Bertrand, who spent part of last season on loan at Aston Villa, in a deal which could be worth around £8m if Blues boss Jose Mourinho gives it the go ahead.

"What we can't do is spend for the sake of it," says Reds manager Brendan Rodgers. "You only spend the money if the players are there. The good thing with the owners is the money is there if the right players are available."

Bertrand is definitely not a Moreno.

Edited by P45Mustang

Shock!!!

The Court of Arbitration for Sport has told Goal that the Barcelona striker's four-month ban for biting could be repealed, although his international suspension would still stand

EXCLUSIVE
By Pilar Suarez

Luis Suarez could have his four-month ban for biting reduced, allowing the Barcelona striker to play in the club's first game of the 2014-15 Primera Division season.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2014/07/24/4980433/suarez-ban-to-be-reduced-by-cas?CMPID=FBUK_140724_SuarezBanToBeReduced

Liverpool clinch transfers of Loic Remy and Javier Manquillo.. and will keep on shopping

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-clinch-transfers-loic-remy-3902573#ixzz38Oa8lxAF

The Reds' manager will become the most prolific spender in a single summer in the history of the club when he completes a deal for Southampton defender Dejan Lovren in the next few days - for a fee that will again reach £20m.

Money, money, money...smile.png

Need to be careful we don't get a little bit sanctimonious and hypocritical on here.

i quite like bertrand. think there's a better player in there than has been allowed out so far.

yeah o know what you mean, i know he's English but sort of almost like a typical french player, seems 2 me always plays within himself never quite seems to give all so, yeah the 'wondering' element sort of hangs and temp's.

Edited by rijit

Despite watching his side hammer LA Galaxy 7-0 in his first game in charge, Louis van Gaal has hinted at change at Manchester United due to an unbalanced squad.

The Dutchman succeeds David Moyes at Old Trafford but says: "We have four number 10s, so the selection is not balanced in my eyes."

BBC.

yeah sort of what ish i was thinking, and whose gonna miss out ? rooney , cant see that happening or at least it shouldnt, imo. might a bit of book balancing may well come into play here?, mata for 25 ish?, might tempt someone, hopefully not spurs, but our ex over in Russia might want to give him a go if he can get him on a flight biggrin.png

BBC.

yeah sort of what ish i was thinking, and whose gonna miss out ? rooney , cant see that happening or at least it shouldnt, imo. might a bit of book balancing may well come into play here?, mata for 25 ish?, might tempt someone, hopefully not spurs, but our ex over in Russia might want to give him a go if he can get him on a flight biggrin.png

Yeah. Interesting to see how Mata will fit in with the van Gaal 'Barcelona 1990's/Dutch 2014 style'.

3-5-2 appears to be favoured by Loius, with a 4-3-3 if it ain't working.

( Mourinho will have a method to deal with either.smile.png )

Jose Mourinho is close to completing a reunion with former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba, 36, as goalkeeper Petr Cech, 32, warns the Chelsea manager not to leave him on the bench next season. biggrin.png

Er...don't worry about Drogba matey, better look after Number 1.

BBC, Sun.

biggrin.png

Fat Frankie has officially retired. He's joining the MLS.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Pretty impressive team of oldies the NYC franchise is putting together. They ought to have a friendly with QPR.thumbsup.gif

BTW, will be fun having 'Arry back in the EPL with his group. Lotsa talking points there.

Didier Drogba set for return to Chelsea, says manager Jose Mourinho

"Former favourite is expected to arrive at Stamford Bridge shortly and Mourinho insists it is for playing rather than emotional reasons"

“Mr Abramovich does not speak a lot. But as you can imagine, he is very intelligent and he feels that people belong to the club. We feel that Didier belongs to us.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10989672/cDidier-Drogba-set-for-return-to-Chelsea-says-manager-Jose-Mourinho.html

So, make of that what you want.

Edited by P45Mustang

Fat Frankie has officially retired. He's joining the MLS.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

“The way Mr Abramovich approached the Frank Lampard situation is amazing,” said Mourinho.

“‘You go if you want to go, you come back if you want to come back. And you come back the way you want – to be an assistant, to be an ambassador, to be a director to be a coach, to be an assistant coach’. That is fantastic.

“The way Mr Abramovich approached the Frank Lampard situation is amazing,” said Mourinho.

I have a message for Frank. Good luck and see you back at Chelsea in a couple of years.”

Jose Mourinho. Manager.

Daily Telegraph.

Here's one for carmine.

Pellegrini. Shed loads of money.

van Gaal. Shed loads of money.

Mourinho. Shed loads of money.

Yeah. I know. Rodgers with a sack load of money.

So when are you going to tell us something we don't already know ?

Here's one for carmine.

Pellegrini. Shed loads of money.

van Gaal. Shed loads of money.

Mourinho. Shed loads of money.

Yeah. I know. Rodgers with a sack load of money.

So when are you going to tell us something we don't already know ?

QPR will finish above Spurs.

smile.png

Abramovich has invested more than money in Chelsea.

Ate you saying players have been poisoned or shot?

I think he's emotionally involved in the business.

Not just money.

(But let's not get too serious. thumbsup.gif )

So was the lad who sadly died in the copter crash.