Postal service at it again?

Felt 35

Sent documents from Europe for my wife's Schengen visa application to Thailand 14. April, still not received in Phuket. My wife sent me the recipe and Tax payment certificate 7. April and I received it in Europe 15. April.

Clearly there must be a missing link one place in the postal system when comes to post coming in. Out it goes very quick. We are located in Town, anyone else located in or near town with similar experience?

Thanks

Felt

Third world country = third world postal system.

I'd say 25% of my mail doesn't arrive and much of the rest is late. I have had three bank cards sent from the UK since I have been here and not one has arrived, though the PIN for the last one did!

For this reason I don't have any important documents posted. I usually have them brought out by friends or even tourists that I know are coming here. Registered post is expensive from Europe but that or a courier service is the only way to go.

I think you're being too harsh on the British Postal System. wink.png

Never had a problem receiving mail here except once and that was because of the handwriting, UK Dr. type.

Why people sending mail don't write carefully or print the address I'll never know.

• Like 2

I tend to send important documents via EMS, so one can track.

If no possibility to replace the documents yes I would also do that.

Ah, good that you can replace.

I must say that I have had no problems at all with the postal service in Kata. In Rawai I never receive any post, but I try to have things sent as much as possible to Kata anyway, so hardly anything is sent to Rawai.

I'd say 25% of my mail doesn't arrive and much of the rest is late. I have had three bank cards sent from the UK since I have been here and not one has arrived, though the PIN for the last one did!

For this reason I don't have any important documents posted. I usually have them brought out by friends or even tourists that I know are coming here. Registered post is expensive from Europe but that or a courier service is the only way to go.

The thing madmitch is that the postal service here was much better only 10 years ago so in this connection the third world thing don't hold water besides we are and have been all the time near town where the post system usually start off in any city which also should indicate that the Phuket town office should be a step ahead the smaller amphoes. I personally believe its the restructuring and implementation of a total computerized postal service without the staff get updated education which do the opposite to the intention and in fact make it less effective. Well so much for modernisation.

I didn't receive any of my mail for sixth months in Phuket town. I have a large hotel sized property with a prominent street number. The other day some letters arrived for my girlfriend. Then the next day a huge bundle of mail arrived for me. It was left outside the front door on a chair.

Incompetence is the rule here, not the exception.

Last year, at another of my places in Phuket, I had my accountant send over a new credit card for me from my country of origin. I had him send it in a huge 12 inch by 15 inch envelope by EMS. It arrived but I view that outcome as just a bit of good luck.

Edited by fatdrunkandstupid

I tend to send important documents via EMS, so one can track.

I used EMS in Patong to send an important letter to the UK and paid a small fortune for it, so that it would go "fast post".

It took 3 weeks to arrive in the UK. Will never pay their extortionate rates again.