Suthep warns broadcast media

Lite Beer

It's so clear why some of you are so supportive of this guy -- not.

Suthep may well be a nut, he may well be all you say, without a person like this to do something what on earth will this Land be like. Go think, if it was a jelly fish opposing the wrongs I would support it's healthy, YOU ????

You and your fellow lunatics must be thrilled.

No elections, no news - just 24 hours of Suthep. Better watch out... pretty soon his next demand will be no foreigners.

Too late. It looks like your PTPers have started purging Thailand of foreigners just today. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/725053-final-crackdown-for-border-runners-new-strict-immigration-regulation-in-force-from-today/

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAPO at this point has not been able to broadcast announcements on Channels 3, 5, 7, and Thai PBS. Channel 9 still covers CAPO announcements. Pheu Thai had been also able to get on Channel 11's signal, but it seems that was short-lived. The narrative of Pheu Thai has thus been compromised, and CAPO's increasingly surreal announcements are now reaching a diminished audience. From every conceivable and practical standpoint, the Pheu Thai administration has ceased to function. They can just basically stand still while the courts and public opinion surrounds it. It needs to be reiterated - they have no constitutionally elected prime minister - either through a quorum-filled parliament or the Senate in the event of a quorum-less parliament - they have half a cabinet, they have no legislative power, they have no parliament, and they have no public mandate. And in fact, there is no present path for an election for three reasons - 1) things on the ground are as unsettled - and likely more so - than the previous election. Under such conditions an election could not be successfully held. 2) Pheu Thai has tried to impose a clause in a new decree whereby the EC can postpone the election again if it has difficulties with the poll. Such a clause has never been included in an election decree before, and could be successfully challenged constitutionally. You simply can't have an election clause that includes an optional moving election date. 3 ) As the man picked by Phue Thai was done outside the provisions of the constitution, he has not the authority to set an election date.

In short, the Pheu Thai administration is frozen in a state of paralysis.

All of which excuses a corrupt ex opposition politician attempting ,through intimidation and thuggery, to tell the broadcast media what they can and cannot broadcast - does it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

...just another step to the final countdown, if the country does not come to an consolidation immediately, it will be getting worse! Other words for this man are terrorist, anarchist or facist!w00t.gif

You realize your post is incoherent, don't you?

He is like a spoilt brat, reform is indeed needed to prevent people like this getting away with things like this

He is the reformer. The rest is worse than you know.

@@ rabas: You should use your own brain and not your girl firends

Edited by skiller

How comes so many new user, who know everything so well?

Or are they reincarnations of others?

You do realize people can live in Thailand for years without posting daily on a forum full of negative grumpy folks, right?

Some might be active on ajarn, some might prefer the teak door for being more laid-back and less nazi with rules and banning folks for no obvious reasons (like, this guy don't like the beer place I support, so let's ban the balls out of him a la Suthep style... Or Thaksin for that matter...)

You might be surprised if knowing how many westerners living here, speaking Thai fluently and who couldn't care less about the opinions of most super-members of this exclusive Thaivisa club forum, laughing at all the ridiculous know-it-all drunkards hanging around throwing garbage at eachother...

Nevertheless, the country is in a difficult situation. Perhaps makes some people want to just utter their voice and vent their annoyance as well...

Edited by banglassie
  • Like 1

Suthep may well be a nut, he may well be all you say, without a person like this to do something what on earth will this Land be like. Go think, if it was a jelly fish opposing the wrongs I would support it's healthy, YOU ????

Huh...You lost me with that last sentence.

Difficult to support his call to either stop broadcasting government announcements (even CAPO). Okay, not difficult, impossible.

How comes so many new user, who know everything so well?

Or are they reincarnations of others?

You do realize people can live in Thailand for years without posting daily on a forum full of negative grumpy folks, right?

Some might be active on ajarn, some might prefer the teak door for being more laid-back and less nazi with rules and banning folks for no obvious reasons (like, this guy don't like the beer place I support, so let's ban the balls out of him a la Suthep style... Or Thaksin for that matter...)

You might be surprised if knowing how many westerners living here, speaking Thai fluently and who couldn't care less about the opinions of most super-members of this exclusive Thaivisa club forum, laughing at all the ridiculous know-it-all drunkards hanging around throwing garbage at eachother...

Nevertheless, the country is in a difficult situation. Perhaps makes some people want to just utter their voice and vent their annoyance as well...

hell.... I've been banned maybe 3 times... "for life"

I keep coming back to stir the pot.

• Like 1

Don't forget to add that EVERYONE was once a new kid on the block. Looking down your nose at some people is ignorant and arrogant and those who refer to themselves as dinosaurs here really should know that Thai Politics is like a tennis rally and should be long enough in the tooth to say it is what it is and it will all work itself out as it always has done.

Some new posters might actually have researched a bit too and some new posters also might not feel influenced by either side and have a different view on Thai politics than someone who's aligned themselves with whatever group.

I don't agree with Sutheps approach so have been labelled a red despite saying that if I were a Thai with a vote Id vote for Abhisit as I still believe he needs to be given a chance to right the wrongs of the past! If that's me being a red sympathiser then I can't change the views of the ignorant or people who know my mind and views and opinions better then I do !!

Each to their own is what I say to some it's just harmless banter as the only friends they have live here in TVF and it occupies their minds, but to some their opinions Are rude obnoxious and borderline extremism and that goes for BOTH sides too.

I couldn't care less who gets into power as all it means is having to down, test and adjust and take things as and when they happen. In other words adapt to the new ruling party's procedures and if Thailand decides to boot out all the Farangs , me included there's not much we can do about it, I'm not worried in the slightest as it's never going to happen, Thailand needs the Farang tourists and their money. Whilst I don't pay taxes here as I'm not living here long enough and don't work here I do spend all my salary here as I suspect many other Farang here do likewise. There is too much scaremongering going on talk of civil war etc , it will never get that far and there's already a war ongoing in the south that hasn't caused a huge exodus of farangs some folks need to chill out a bit more

Child's mind in a man's body.

Child's mind in a national body.

Must be why they've lost every single election for over ten years. coffee1.gif

Oh but Thaksin bought all the votes.... er, no. coffee1.gif

Or maybe it was impossible to win as the opposite party controlled the North where free speech is not allowed

Yeah... that must have been it.

facepalm.gif

Because my reply was to another--but no problem, My meaning was no matter who or what thing was in Sutheps shoes I would support whoever was against the wrongs---easy really. it is healthy in my mind to think this way, other posters think I am a crazy Suthep supporter and I can do nothing about their denial and PTP propaganda.

CAPO at this point has not been able to broadcast announcements on Channels 3, 5, 7, and Thai PBS. Channel 9 still covers CAPO announcements. Pheu Thai had been also able to get on Channel 11's signal, but it seems that was short-lived. The narrative of Pheu Thai has thus been compromised, and CAPO's increasingly surreal announcements are now reaching a diminished audience. From every conceivable and practical standpoint, the Pheu Thai administration has ceased to function. They can just basically stand still while the courts and public opinion surrounds it. It needs to be reiterated - they have no constitutionally elected prime minister - either through a quorum-filled parliament or the Senate in the event of a quorum-less parliament - they have half a cabinet, they have no legislative power, they have no parliament, and they have no public mandate. And in fact, there is no present path for an election for three reasons - 1) things on the ground are as unsettled - and likely more so - than the previous election. Under such conditions an election could not be successfully held. 2) Pheu Thai has tried to impose a clause in a new decree whereby the EC can postpone the election again if it has difficulties with the poll. Such a clause has never been included in an election decree before, and could be successfully challenged constitutionally. You simply can't have an election clause that includes an optional moving election date. 3 ) As the man picked by Phue Thai was done outside the provisions of the constitution, he has not the authority to set an election date.

In short, the Pheu Thai administration is frozen in a state of paralysis.

True freedom of speech says

If the governemnt or any of its ministers can say something

the opossiton or in this case, Suthep has the right of reply

and Vice Versa

To not allow this. :which is the Capo way: is to have a dictatorship

Suthep has no right to force any media to do only his announcments

but under free speech he has the right to demand right of reply

Every day we now see more and more examples that Thakin and PTP are a Dictator Government

But it's a pity he is at the same level of CAPO, intimidating media into broadcast ONLY PDRC voices.

Two sides, same s**t.

• Like 1

PDRC says it did not threaten media

xPNPOL570510001001101_10052014_014740.jp

BANGKOK, 10 April 2014 (NNT) – The People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) says it did not threaten the media, but instead asked for cooperation.

Ekanat Prompan, PDRC spokesperson, has asserted that the PDRC protesters didn't threaten or use force against the press, adding that the protesters always adhered to the principle which is to protest in a peaceful way and without weapons. He said the PDRC only asked the media for their cooperation to stop airing announcements made by the Center for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) and present news that is related to its campaign.

Mr. Ekanat spoke after the Thai Journalists Association and the Thai Broadcast Journalists Association had made an official announcement condemning the PDRC’s action in seizing several TV stations namely channels 3, 5, 7, 9, and 11.

The two press associations said the anti-government protesters were threatening the rights and freedom of journalists to perform their professional duties.

xnntlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.rqyBfPGGLw.web
-- NNT 2014-05-10

He is like a spoilt brat, reform is indeed needed to prevent people like this getting away with things like this

And the crazy thing is - I've never taken a single photoshop lesson hahahaha

post-45440-0-55127200-1399712458_thumb.j

Edited by Rykbanlor

And the crazy thing is - I've never taken a single photoshop lesson hahahaha

A reformer???? To who???? Himself certainly not for the good of the country. He has killed 90 + people now and more will die because of this stupid idiotci individual you say is a reformer.

• Like 1

Because my reply was to another--but no problem, My meaning was no matter who or what thing was in Sutheps shoes I would support whoever was against the wrongs---easy really. it is healthy in my mind to think this way, other posters think I am a crazy Suthep supporter and I can do nothing about their denial and PTP propaganda.

I can support that.....but only leave off the PTP Propaganda....because nothing but Propaganda coming from both sides.

I think many reds have change names on here. Ashamed ate you all? Sutheo is the only one trying for positive change. He may be wrong in many ways but from small things little things grow

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Regardless of which side of the fence you view it from, red or yellow, it's ALL a total mess!

That's what happens when the political system is too sophisticated for the culture.

I gather that you used Bing to translate this???

I can support that.....but only leave off the PTP Propaganda....because nothing but Propaganda coming from both sides.

propaganda from a lousy undemocratic run regime is a no no

propaganda from those trying to be rid of the said regime is healthy.

Parliament in the UK has question time every week to argue points, and these are put to the P.M. When had anyone had that chance here ???

opposition is given adequate time to speak on unnatural decisions. rebuffed.

Television should be divided equal air time for all, here not allowed to speak against the establishment-

I speak as I find things, before Suthep 2+ years of diabolical governing after being democratically elected is against what they were sworn in to do.

• Like 1

Firehoses and tear gas seemed to work pretty well on that bogus monk. Time for the Head Rodent to get wet.

Strange thing is the cop who gassed him as since gone on bended knees and apologised for gassing him...go figure
  • Like 2