Thai Music … do you dig it?

David48

Thai Music … do you dig it? ... well, at least, embrace it?

At the age of 14, I snuck out of the house and rode my pushbike to see Deep Purple play in my home town.

Later, I went to Alice Cooper 'Welcome to my Nightmare' Concert ... and still like that music today.

Yes, I was a child of the 60's

But, I have an open mind and embrace some of the Thai music.

This first clip has, obviously, a strong influence for the USA Hip Hop style ... but I quite like it.

Gets my foot a tapping and me humming along.

Feel free to share what you like ... be it youth or country.

• Like 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really enjoy the Thai pop and Thai rock... Body Slam, Silly Fool, etc. Good hooks and melody. However the recording techniques here tend to over-emphasize the vocals and push back the guitar and power of the music. Hearing the songs live makes a world of difference.

The Thai country and Isaan music, however, I find it quite repulsive. Checkbin every time a song starts.

Edited by scoutman360
  • Like 1

Saw Deep Purple and the follow up band Rainbow quite a few times live in different countries in Europe.

Ritchie Blackmore turned to more classic rather than hard rock.

Ronnie James Dio(RIP)Incredible voice.

Ritchie Blackmore Amazing Guitar Solo:

Thanks for that Nisakiman....yes, nice voice. Enchanting. I do wonder if it is electronically enhanced though.

My favourite so far is Lanna Commins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip8_eqPSkVE

Yes, my wife is familiar with her. Tells me that she has a farang dad and that her mother was a singer too.

I'd never considered the possibility that Waranuch's voice had been electronically enhanced. I wouldn't have thought so (a bit risky in live shows), but I guess it's possible.

LennyW...that's cool mate!...we gotta have a beer one time and go Mor Lummingdrunk.gif

It's really cool when the Mor Lum truck sets off and the crowd grows and grows...almost like a 60s surfie style of rock music, cool riffs.

Worth going to Issan just for that.

• Like 1

I love music, many styles as long as it not makes me sad.

although I am mid 20's I am a big fan of johnny cash, ccr, guns n roses etc. but I start to run when hearing adele (good voice yes but not my thing).

also electronic, techno, house, rock and rap are in my playlists. it all depends on the mood.

Thai music, there are many good songs especially the rock as someone pointed out but I gues this is my favo

A thai rap song, good beat, vdo and style imo

I really like Thai country and some Issan - altho it is difficult to get the information on who is singing what when you hear something good whilst out and about.

There is also some good Thai Jazz about that departs from the Kenny G muck .There is a Thai muso called Ford that i have collected quite a few of his CD.s . He has done a lot of Interesting stuff . And i also like Da Endorphine . Thai gangsta and Thai hip hop is crap - just a imitators trying to sound hip .

Music & dance are very natural to the Thais because of the tonal nature of the language and hence why it is difficult to a lot of falungs (like me) to learn the tones and sound authentic. It is very rare to find a Thai who cannot sing a melody ..

Mind if I dump a few links?

Silly Fools, Shame Tor decided to turn so strongly towards religion, but that's his life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDKsD16zfcQ

Big ass. Old:

and New:

Bodyslam:

Buddha Bless

Joey Boy

<deleted> Hero

Hell Just Gancore in general

Clash

Grooverider

Palmy

And lots lots more.

I like the harder rock, but Calories Blah Blah, Singto, Bedroom Audio, etc are ok as well.