Police Apologise To Buddha Issara For Tear Gas Barrage

Lite Beer

I don't know which is worse, the hubris of the fallen monk in returning with his entourage to demand an apology, or the police officers' willingness to kneel before him when his 'guards' started dismantling their defences. Perhaps in their minds they were bowing to the men behind the man.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely obsurd - do they not have any 'breach of the peace', 'vandalism', 'road obstruction' or 'public nuisance' laws in Thailand - I'm sure that all of these would be applicable to the PDRC at multiple points in time. Instead you have Police 'asking for forgiveness' for acting accordingly whilst conducting their duties. Farcical. Thailand - one big joke.

• Like 1

Words Fail !

Yesterday I posted that in 2010 I was stopped in two roadblocks, one red shirt and one police, and how a young cop said they had been told to leave the unofficial one alone.

If the BIB felt an apology was necessary to the mad monk then make it proper and official. I would love to suggest a senior officer would have to explain to his bosses about an error of judgement but TIT and taking responsibility rarely exists.

This situation just makes an even bigger joke of the BIB than they usual are and inflates the mad monks feeling of power and control.

right im off to protest alone today and also walk into the grounds of this place.... how far do you think Ill get before being arrested or ejected, no problem later lll go back to get my apology, Ill do the same at immigration too.....thatll show em!!

That clown is no more a monk than I am. He is a bully hiding behind a monk's robe. Perhaps at one time he had good intentions, but he has clearly lost his way. The fact that the police still view him as holy is pathetic.

as is viewing anything as holy.

This monk was already condemned and defrocked in abstentia by the Buddhist order. He is a traitor to Buddhism and a traitor of Thailand. This monk has supervised torture and beatings of police and red shirts. They should have arrested him on the spot.

He reminds me of monks in Myanmar that lead frenzied crowds to murder Rohingya.

They should have arrested him on the spot.

Why didnt they? I do believe he has an arrest warrant out on him as well.

Why havent they arrested Suthep?

Because they are cowards and afraid of Karma if they arrest a holy man.

Which begs this question, why are they afraid ?, TV finest Buddhist "experts" keep telling us the monk is a fake, so if said monk is fake, why are RTP afraid of Karma ?, in a similar vein if the monk has been defrocked, he is no longer a monk, so once again why are they afraid ?

Could we suggest that TV rabid Reds are wrong, the monk hasn't been defrocked, and he is not a fake monk, but a real monk ?

• Like 2

This monk was already condemned and defrocked in abstentia by the Buddhist order. He is a traitor to Buddhism and a traitor of Thailand. This monk has supervised torture and beatings of police and red shirts. They should have arrested him on the spot.

In this case a monk should be in a temple teaching the lessons of Buddha. But look at all the criminals running around Thailand free....jeez they are even in the government. Perhaps the country is lawless or more importantly lacking a police force? Edited by Roadman

Very sad that this happened, it is almost a go ahead do what you like from the police.

Now Suthep has been trumped by BI the fake monk he will now also be seeking garlands and kneeling apologies from all those he has committed criminal acts against.

Will Buddah Issara now get down on his knees and apologize to the motorist who was bashed unconscious by his hired gunmen on the tollway, and the tourists who missed their flights after their taxi's were illegally stopped.wai2.gif

Will Buddah Issara now get down on his knees and apologize to the motorist who was bashed unconscious by his hired gunmen on the tollway, and the tourists who missed their flights after their taxi's were illegally stopped.wai2.gif

no the people who bashed the guy should apologise do you understand that individual responsibilty for your own actions..

Thai police really are amazing. Everyday we have news of police in America unjustly shooting civilians dead for various dumb reasons because the police "lost control" of a situation, but here we have Thai police bearing garlands and then humbly kneeling and asking for forgiveness. Simply amazing. One has to wonder how US Marines would react if this group had tried to enter the US Embassy, and when refused entry began removing protective barriers. Doubtless theywould nothesitate to shoot firstand thenask questions later. Just amazing.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Amazingly pathetic is more like it.

This bum in a robe was wrong and true to form in this culture, his child-like brain refuses to accept the repercussions of his own actions and the fact he got totally embarrassed in public getting gassed and sprayed in his special little robe.

So yes, this is an amazingly pathetic display of anyone who dons religious clothes expects and actually gets, special treatment. Also, the head cops see the writing on the wall here, so in the interest of self-preservation, they sent over some low ranking lackey cops to perform this "act" under the color of Buddhism when really, the head coppers hope to be remembered kindly when the new regime starts swinging the axe at collaborators and sympathizers.

Can you guide me to the evidence he has supervised the torture and beatings of anyone please. I emphasise the word evidence.

The police apologized to a man dressing up in Buddhist monk robes. That's somewhat frightening and disheartening at the same time.

Another claim that he isn't a monk. Is there any legitimate information anywhere that he has been expelled (or whatever it's called) from the monkhood? I discount the TV people who say he is no longer a monk because he is involved in politics, or ate meat, or had impure thoughts, or got angry once or something.

Thai police really are amazing. Everyday we have news of police in America unjustly shooting civilians dead for various dumb reasons because the police "lost control" of a situation, but here we have Thai police bearing garlands and then humbly kneeling and asking for forgiveness. Simply amazing. One has to wonder how US Marines would react if this group had tried to enter the US Embassy, and when refused entry began removing protective barriers. Doubtless theywould nothesitate to shoot firstand thenask questions later. Just amazing.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Amazingly pathetic is more like it.

This bum in a robe was wrong and true to form in this culture, his child-like brain refuses to accept the repercussions of his own actions and the fact he got totally embarrassed in public getting gassed and sprayed in his special little robe.

So yes, this is an amazingly pathetic display of anyone who dons religious clothes expects and actually gets, special treatment. Also, the head cops see the writing on the wall here, so in the interest of self-preservation, they sent over some low ranking lackey cops to perform this "act" under the color of Buddhism when really, the head coppers hope to be remembered kindly when the new regime starts swinging the axe at collaborators and sympathizers.

I would argue that this was a correct act. Civilization runs on social lubricants.

For Canadians, this means beer and politeness.

Thailand, flower garlands and politeness.

USA - don't know

I just don't get it, why in hell is the monk allowed to continue by the Sangha. Surely he is breaching dozens of rule! I just dont get it!

Would TiT.....answers your question?

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Smart display of Thainess by the police. A bit of humility to disperse the arrogant Rasputin so the public is not inconvenience too much, is right thinking. Words don't hurt so much as tear gas and water cannon. Sooner or later the police will have their last laugh when they lock the mad monk away.

• Like 2

You ask, why haven't they arrested Suthep and the mad monk? It's a good question. Could it be something to do with the fact that this country is run by ... see below?

Why can an elected PM be dismissed for appearing on a cooking show?

Why can a PM and 9 ministers be dismissed for (horror of horrors!) choosing who to appoint as a civil servant?

Why can Suthep and the mad monk run riot around Bangkok and close down polling stations and get away with it? No control by the police, the courts or the army.

Why can the supporters of this shadowy organization the PDRC be allowed to close down government offices, roads (even the main airport under their predecessor organization), and with all this costing the country billions and destroying prospects of economic progress?

Does anyone really think that this is a free country, with 18 coups etc etc, and all major bodies controlled and appointed by the coup-mongers of 2006?

Obviously this country is run by Suthep and his backers. Obviously what we see now is a revival of fascism, supported at the highest levels. These people don't want the democratic process to succeed in Thailand because that would deprive these super-wealthy Thai-Chinese plutocrats (who are financing Suthep) of the countless subservient cheap labourers that they have now. And, by the way, Thaksin is a mere 'bit-player' compared to the wealth of these plutocrats who truly control Thailand.

The PDRC wants so-called "reform" because "reform" will mean that the northerners will be deprived of their democratic rights. Then the so-called "Democrats" will return, and Thailand will be made safe for exploitation and "kow-towing". The northerners will be tamed once again. It will be back to the 19th century sakdina system with Mr Suthep and Mr Abhisit!

Or so they hope.

Dear anteater,

A number of people will hate you for telling the truth. These people just love lies as long as it is on their side.

Please don't present facts if you don't want to be hated . Oh , and there are also a number of minion followers. don't put in "Thai- Chinese" as not all super rich Thai- Chinese is on this .

• Like 1

what morons... just when we think HOORAY they stand up and have balls... they cower to the fake monk in case they get 'bad luck'

Thailand is a country full of 12 year olds

"Pleased with the gesture, Buddha Issara accepted the apology" PATHETIC

The Police got the last laugh......they were only Security Guards...not real Police