Drag Racing at 700 Year Stadium NOW

JimShortz

I'm sending this from there now. If you want to go take a look just drive in from the canal road in to the stadium entrance and follow around to the back of the main stadium. Lots of cars and trucks burning out their tyres and generally having a good time... Come see!

I've asked on here before about motorsports around Chiang Mai, and a kind soul let me know about this. If anyone else hears of other motorsports in the region please let me know.

I believe it goes on until about 5pm today. Anyway, back to the watching; I'll post some photos and video later.

• Like 2

I'm a brit and even I know drag racing involves a 400m sprint with parachutes, and enough jet fuel to launch the rocket.

Sounds to me like kids donutting and making as much noise as possible.

I can't think of a worse way of spending a lovely sunday afternoon.

I'm a brit and even I know drag racing involves a 400m sprint with parachutes, and enough jet fuel to launch the rocket.

Sounds to me like kids donutting and making as much noise as possible.

I can't think of a worse way of spending a lovely sunday afternoon.

Not all drag vehicles use a parachute and even less use jet fuel.

I wish I was up there.

Anyone ever here of any drag events near Pattaya ?

I can understand the appeal of motorsports in general (even NASCAR) but this "donut" or "drifting" thing just seems insane to me. Are tires getting cheaper these days? How can people stand to smell that burnt rubber, and watch as good cars are destroyed?