PDRC to move its protest venue to Ratchadamnoen on Monday

Lite Beer

Bagdon u haven't a clue do you?......

It's "Bangmod" and he has a better understanding than you, that you can't even spell his name right.

Costas it was just a random guy, he didn't say hello but no harm done - you need to move on, it's warping you and eating you up.

I promise if I ever see you in 7 we'll hi 5 ok?

Thank you....but I think, you are in the wrong thread.blink.png

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PDRC to end Lumpini Park rally site, move to Rajdamnoen

BANGKOK: -- The People's Democratic Reform Committee will Monday end its rally inside the Lumpini Park and moves the demonstrators to demonstrate at the Makkhawan Rangsan Bridge, PDRC secretary general Suthep Thaugsuban announced.

He said he will make the last speech on the rally stage at the park Sunday night.

Suthep said he would lead the march of protesters from Lumpini Park to Makkhawan Rangsan Bridge near the Government House Monday.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-05-11

I guess I should go to work a bit early tomorrow although on a motorcy zigzagging along RamaV, Suthothai, Sawan Khalok, Ratchawiti to BTS Victory Monument I shouldn't have much of a problem.

Really hope for the sake of the country and it's people that this will be the final and decisive move, in which this corrupt institution, what this government is, will be given the final blow.

Yingluck will be more happy in Dubai anyway, Chalerm will find another country where ear drops will be available, and life can become normal again.

If a new government will be installed, there first priority should be freezing the assets from the old politicians who were in on the rice program and compensate with the confiscated money all the farmers who have suffered.

Then the economy will be on track soon, investors will come back and tourism will bloom again to the old level.

"If a new government will be installed,..." You aren't even pretending to care about Democracy, are you?

You have a lot of confidence that an unpopular appointed government that will depend on the bloated and corrupt military for survival will be able to do wonderful things. I'm not so sure.

• Like 2

There has been a conspicuous dirge of reporting on the red shirt rally of millions and millions. Not even by Khaosod. The UDD appears to have fallen completely under the radar. Meanwhile, the PDRC - true to form - are cleaning up their rally location, establishing a model that the UDD will clearly never follow. CAPO still manages to broadcast on only one of five channels, while Pheu Thai buckles down on their only remaining ambition - to keep the Senate from opening - apparently indefinitely.

The UDDers rally has really flopped. Over at the BP, there is a video of a drone in flight and you can see how small the crowd was/is, as it flies over the crowd and back to the main stage. Pause the video at the 40 second mark and you'll see that there aren't even 10,000 there.

Edited by zydeco

That's what civilised people do.....clean up after their mess.

Any chance of the reds taking any notice?

Yes, civilised people lay seige to TV broadcaster's headquarters demanding censorship of the opposition, threatening to cut power and electricity to the premises should they not comply, lay seige to the country's 'Center for the Administration of PEACE and ORDER' and after having tried to storm the premises and having the Police act accordingly, they then cause disruption the country's main Airport by blocking roads and causing vandalism (in effect a riot). Yes, very civilised.

• Like 2

There has been a conspicuous dirge of reporting on the red shirt rally of millions and millions. Not even by Khaosod. The UDD appears to have fallen completely under the radar. Meanwhile, the PDRC - true to form - are cleaning up their rally location, establishing a model that the UDD will clearly never follow. CAPO still manages to broadcast on only one of five channels, while Pheu Thai buckles down on their only remaining ambition - to keep the Senate from opening - apparently indefinitely.

The UDDers rally has really flopped. Over at the BP, there is a video of a drone in flight and you can see how small the crowd was/is, as it flies over the crowd and back to the main stage. Pause the video at the 40 second mark and you'll see that there aren't even 10,000 there.

That's still a lot people (on both sides) that could get hurt if this thing turns nasty.

Well you won't, because at the 40 second mark the drone turns round and comes back without going anywhere near the end of the road where the UDD supporters continue. You can see the crowds stretching off in the distance. Nice try zydeco, but a bit desperate don't you think?

• Like 1

is this as well as or instead of the final final push that finishes today? 3 day final victory push total success was it? smile.png

Despite being a Bangkok elitist putch, They are finding it difficult to get any traction at all even in the areas they live.

A big country exists outside of Bangkok and it does not look like they are going to let them succeed this time.

Did you mean a pusch? dear?? as for no traction - maybe they could buy a tractor...........the rest wasn't very good English so i didn't understand

If you don't understand this, it's possible you are non-educated, or an islander who speaks/understands only one language .

• Like 1

Well you won't, because at the 40 second mark the drone turns round and comes back without going anywhere near the end of the road where the UDD supporters continue. You can see the crowds stretching off in the distance. Nice try zydeco, but a bit desperate don't you think?

Try? I told people about it so that they could see and judge for themselves. The drone, btw, turned around, probably because the crowd was beginning to thin out dramatically--and the drone operator didn't want it to go any further.

Try? I told people about it so that they could see and judge for themselves. The drone, btw, turned around, probably because the crowd was beginning to thin out dramatically--and the drone operator didn't want it to go any further.

You mean this bit? Trouble with that, is they'd have to watch the video through the first 40 seconds before getting to the bit with the hole in it on the right side. So in effect you're asking them to watch evidence that contradicts your world view and only pay attention to the tiny bit that agrees with your view.

attachicon.gif40-sec-mark.jpg

I'm estimating it at 200k+

Now it's 6pm and it's already full and far far denser.

And not 1 per m2, those walkways across the canal are about 1m wide, thats more like 3-4 people/m2.

The overspill areas is in the top where the circle is, and the east side of Aska road. How many do they have in those?

They've changed the format too, the left side has no stalls now.

1.25km road * (25+20) * 4 people/m2 = 225,000

Of and the length comes from Google maps:

East end of the road is parking/camping. They're in the west end.

didn't the Rouge promise 1.0 million people ?......whistling.gif .....so not even a quarter of the people they promised turned up to listen to Robert Amsterdam, who is a foreigner getting involved in Thai politics and talking on a stage, which I believe is illegal, so why hasn't he been arrested and deported, same as the Indian PR ?....I am sure CAPO and an minister for ear medicine will mobilise all resources to arrest this law breaker and deport him...bet he hasn't even got a work permit...

• Like 2

Well, Codger, thanks for putting up the link. You see, I'm all for people looking at the video and judging for themselves. By all means, watch the entire video. They'll also get an idea of how a GoPro distorts the image and just how small the crowd is. BTW, I know the roadway extremely well, I travel down it five or six times per week. There is simply no way you'll get 200,000 in that area. BTW, another nice little rainstorm seems to be forming directly over the Red Rally. Somebody up there might be trying to tell them something.

BTW, it hadn't rained over here since December--until the Reds showed up. Guess they're good for one thing--saving me from the need to water my garden.

Edited by zydeco

But forcing free to air TV stations to carry their dear leader's inane ramblings and causing fear within the building they occupied and caused trafffic mysery for hundreds of thousands is ok? You're more concerned about the mess left behind?

Perhaps you should read about the ecological damage they have caused in Lumpini Park - even taking a dump in the lake...yes... glad to see your priorities are right.

You've perhaps forgotten Thaksin sending armed thugs to occupy TV and radio stations, strutting around inside the broadcaster's offices with implicit threats if negative views of Thaksin were broadcast.

Not at all. That was just as bad.

I do find it amazing that the same type of people who were complaining about those actions then, are now supporting them as they are done by the dear leader coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Do you get paid for this? You should. It's quite clever. Not QUITE a lie. If you're doing this for free... don't. Go get some money for it, good grey propaganda is always saleable, and this is good.

didn't the Rouge promise 1.0 million people ?....

No. But yours pales. Not worth anything.

Edited by wandasloan

They received quite a bit of bad publicity last time, so it'll be interesting to see if they learned their lesson.

If not, it wouldn't be a bad idea for the Works department to send them a bill!

I think, generally speaking, that civilised people first and foremost do not go to other people's homes to make a mess at all. What you're extolling seems a little less than civilised - they come into my home, chase me out or restrict my movements, then justify it by saying they've cleaned it up. I'm not sure "civilised" is the word we're groping for in this second case.

Or are you saying they were invited into the park?

• Like 2

Only channel 11 and NBT not complied with the demands.

Monday will install an interim government .

Which only one man has voted for.

It's not one man one vote .

It's one vote one man.

Things are declining rapidly.

Very sad day for los

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think, generally speaking, that civilised people first and foremost do not go to other people's homes to make a mess at all. What you're extolling seems a little less than civilised - they come into my home, chase me out or restrict my movements, then justify it by saying they've cleaned it up. I'm not sure "civilised" is the word we're groping for in this second case.

Or are you saying they were invited into the park?

Well, the Reds certainly were not invited onto Utthayan Road. The only thing out here is the religious park and residences, which the UDDers are blasting their speeches into via loudspeakers. I can even hear them a little bit on the other side of my house, and I'm over 1 km away from the nearest loudspeaker--about 3 km away from the main stage. So, why have the Reds invaded a residential district where they most definitely are not wanted? This is not at all a Red area. Taweewattana and Salaya are about as far from Red as you can get. I'd say by your very definition that makes the Reds decisively uncivilized.

Edited by zydeco

Yea well don't count on that one, it's more self destructive gimmiks from the PDRC, same thing they were doing 6 months ago when their 'final pushes' started; temporary blockades and occupations of facilities, but always being pawned at every move by Yingluck. Now is just more desperation, the Senate can not appoint a PM, the law does not allow it so CAPO won't allow it and the military will not launch a coup. The only avenue for the PDRC is too sabotage another election, which continues the caretaker government.

BTW did you notice that Yingluck is still the Defense Minister? Funny how the CC 'forgot' to tell her she is sacked from the DM portfolio ??

She still works at the Office of the Permanent Secretary of Defense; The government does not seem to be under intimidation by the military as long as CAPO is non-confrontational, letting the PDRC shoot itself in the foot by pulling stunts like televsions station takeovers, while maintaining the levers of power.

Really hope for the sake of the country and it's people that this will be the final and decisive move, in which this corrupt institution, what this government is, will be given the final blow.

Yingluck will be more happy in Dubai anyway, Chalerm will find another country where ear drops will be available, and life can become normal again.

If a new government will be installed, there first priority should be freezing the assets from the old politicians who were in on the rice program and compensate with the confiscated money all the farmers who have suffered.

Then the economy will be on track soon, investors will come back and tourism will bloom again to the old level.

"The drone, btw, turned around, probably because the crowd was beginning to thin out dramatically"

And still you're digging.................

"The drone, btw, turned around, probably because the crowd was beginning to thin out dramatically"

And still you're digging.................

........ actually more like flying. The digging was in Rayong.

Well, the Reds certainly were not invited onto Utthayan Road.

Yes, actually they were. You can find out by whom, but not from me. If you catch my drift, which you probably won't but others will. There are some subjects off limits here, and not because they appeared in the Bangkok Post. That was a second clue, by the way. Almost all Thais would know, though, if you dare ask.

I'd say by your very definition that makes the Reds decisively uncivilized.

Oh, I get it, you think I'll be offended because since I said the yellows... 55555. Call the reds what you want. And the yellows, the blues and the lot of them. And Khun Costas, come to that, who laid out an extremely silly definition of "civilised".

I feel perfectly righteous criticising, defending, correcting stupid posts, attacking ALL of them. I am your worst nightmare, someone you cannot insult, offend or wipe that smile off my face by attacking my favourite political group. You know why? Guess.

In this specific case, as I say, the reds were invited. But they've been places in the past that they weren't, and that would disqualify them from "civilised" just as I said about the yellows, yep. Assuming we adopt Khun Costas' ridiculous definition of course.

Edited by wandasloan

BTW did you notice that Yingluck is still the Defense Minister? Funny how the CC 'forgot' to tell her she is sacked from the DM portfolio ??

She still works at the Office of the Permanent Secretary of Defense; The government does not seem to be under intimidation by the military as long as CAPO is non-confrontational, letting the PDRC shoot itself in the foot by pulling stunts like televsions station takeovers, while maintaining the levers of power.

Do you have a source for this? I find it very diffic... no, I take that back, I need a source or I just don't believe it. I don't believe it at all, but one reason I don't believe it is that the ex-foreign minister, who a poster claimed was saying he was still foreign minister, has departed the scene and the deputy foreign minister in charge of foreign affairs went to the Asean summit in Burma. Surapong out, poor old clueless Phongthep to Naypyitaw.

If it's true, though, which I'm sure you will prove with a credible source, there should be an urgent suit brought to the Constitutional Court so they can make their ruling even clearer than it was.

Until then, it's just one TV poster.