Change Marriage visa to a Cat B Visa

Hello, help and guideance please on this issue.

I am English and married to a Thai National and we currently live in Chonburi Province, we have been married for 7 years.

I have been working at a local school for nearly 4 years, I have a current and valid work permit which was applied for on the basis of my marriage visa.

I renew my work permit annually at the same time as my marriage visa and the school pays my taxes and provides a reciept which I need to apply for my marriage visa..

I have money in a Thai bank and a private monthly pension paid into my Thai account.

I originally arrived in Thailand on a retirement visa which changed to a marriage visa after I got married.

My question is -

If I were no longer married how easy or difficult would it be to obtain a Cat B Visa so that I can continue to work at the same school ?

What documents would I need to supply to apply for a Cat B Visa and where would be the best consulate to go to in order to apply for a B Visa?

Thank you.

kinook, it depends on your local Department of Employment office, but most offices will give you a work permit when you are in the country on a one-year marriage extension.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So that means you can work on a non-immigrant (based on Thai family) Visa. I always thought you had to change status to a Business visa???

Yes can work with either a non-o multiple entry visa or an extension of stay based upon marriage.

There are even special work permit rules for those married to a Thai.

Most of the information that says you can't comes from lawyers or agents who could be saying that for due to financial reasons because there is less paper work required to get a non-o visa or extension of stay..