Australia: Calls for drinking age to be raised to 21

webfact

And, for the holier than thou Poms who never miss a chance to bag Australians, I've seen Police reality shows filmed on the streets of places like Bristol, when the clubs empty out. Your youth are as drunk, violent and pathetic as any from other countries.

I'm Australian but have lived in the UK for most of my adult life.. British town centres are at least as bad as Melbourne/Sydney for drunks late on Friday/Saturday night..

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, for the holier than thou Poms who never miss a chance to bag Australians, I've seen Police reality shows filmed on the streets of places like Bristol, when the clubs empty out. Your youth are as drunk, violent and pathetic as any from other countries.

I'm Australian but have lived in the UK for most of my adult life.. British town centres are at least as bad as Melbourne/Sydney for drunks late on Friday/Saturday night..

You know, the old croc points out a very important thing, I think he's right too. I use to go out like he described but if ya played up, the old sergeant use to give you a toeing. A good right kick in da sphincter...... didn't feel nice at the time, but it was good for a young chap.

When I was in the cops well let's just say, I toed my fair share of lads, nothing too serious but when they saw me comin, they new the drill. A few drinks and a bit of fun was OK.... However, if your goofin off, breaking things, getting violent.....well it was a kick staging up the bum hole.

Then SOMETHING CHANGED.

The sensitive new age cops arrived, so did the cuddly magistrates and all these wonderful little program's and fancy big names for this and that. Now there's <deleted> anarchy out there. Disgusting.

Anyway, I really couldn't give a shitttt. I did my bit and things on the greater whole were always better back then.

You reap what you sow.