Thailand visa: Crackdown banning 'walk-in visa runs' to begin August 13

Lies of map makers!

I know this will be a radical statement that hardly anyone will go along with, but we are all humans and should be free to move about this earth as we please.

As long as a person does not hurt, steal or otherwise do direct damage to people and property, no government has any business telling an individual where he or she can live. Here, there or anywhere.

I will have to wait a few hundred years for others to get hip to this idea.

In the meantime, you may want to consider getting yourself a visa from a Thai consular office. thumbsup.gif

Also, if you choose to go the diplomatic route, Thailand is a signatory to the 1945 United Nations Universal Declaration on Human rights at which Article 13 states:

(1) Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.

and somehow claim that your rights are being violated by such-and-such policy of the Royal Thai Government.

That refers to a thai's right of free movement within Thailand. I does not mean that a non-thai has any such rights within Thailand

Edited by jpinx

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems people are not very bright here. It is the immigration official that will decide if you are trying to live in Thailand off these border runs. You come in and out same hour, same day and he feels your doing this to get extra days in Thailand and not for tourist reasons he denies entry. So some of you need to wake up and visit for a few days before returning to Thailand. And stop crying the blues, it's about time they crack down on those who try to work here illegally. Glad to see this happen. Thailand does not owe you anything and it's have no affect on the economy from these cheap people who do these border runs. Also some here need to wait up to the fact that if you have a visa of any type it doesn't affect you. Can people get that through their heads. Go home we don't need you here is my best advise.

<go home we don't need you here>? Who is "we"? Who do you think you're representing? You're not representing me, even if I agree with you (which I don't).

No, its come here spend all your money then we kick you out but only after we empty your pockets.

Actually, it's more like - you are welcome to come here for a holiday without the hassle of applying for a visa however if you wish to stay longer, you must apply for the proper visa. It's just Thailand doing what your own country does to foreign visitors. If you want to live in any particular country in the world it is to be expected that you have to respect their laws which, believe it or not, are established to serve the interests of the host country and not you personally.

Suck it up princess!

Edited by raybal5
  • Like 2

I'm sorry as a guy from a third world country, who goes to western countries never to return back without any paper or money and then leech of off on social welfare.

We are hypocrites....My country India is the worse, millions of Indians are living illegally in the west and no problemo and many have made a good life going to west even illegally...but when a western guy tries to do the same playing by rules even ...he is burdened with all sorts of visa rules

Thailand, Philippines, China, SEAsian countries love to leech of off on the west but don't extend the same privilege .....In my experience, sometimes we just gel with the place, our DNA just syncs with the place we were not born in....but unfortunately, western guys are not afforded the luxury..

Some guys from west....Just love Thailand...Rich or poor, they would just sync in with Asian countries, They feel their DNA coming to life again...many folks in Asian countries feel the same when they go to the west....Visa's have been a bane to humanity for 100s of years now.....Humanity must be allowed to travel and settle in where ever the F*k we want...

These government politics and bureaucracy is killing human soul slowly....People are really frustrated and on the edge living in their own shitty countries...They want to move out, explore and be free....Allow them please

&lt;deleted&gt;???

• Like 1

The reference you quote comes from an article in Phuket News. It quotes a Sungai Kolok immigration officer as saying that they are particularly strict with Laos, Vietnamese, Korean and Russians.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think South Koreans, Russians, Turks and nationals of all ASEAN countries (except Myanmar and Cambodia) have one feature in common: They are allowed a 30 days visa free entry into Thailand by air AND by land, although they do not belong to the G7 group.

Could it be that the Thai language notice posted on the website of the Immigration Bureau (as appended at the end of this post) only refers to these nationalities?

Could it be that the sudden clampdown on "farangs" in Mae Sai and Ranong is unrelated to this notice, and that the notice will not apply to them?

The wording "targeted nationalities, like Koreans" really makes me wonder.

แนวทางปฏิบัติของ สตม.ในการตรวจคนเข้าเมืองของบุคคลสัญชาติเป้าหมาย เช่น เกาหลี ฯลฯ มีดังนี้

1.ห้ามมิให้ด่านชายแดนมีการอนุญาต Out-In ในลักษณะของ Visa run เพื่อให้ได้รับสิทธิในการอยู่ในราชอาณาจักรต่อเนื่องที่มิใช่เหตุผลเพื่อการ ท่องเที่ยว

2.กรณีเดินทางโดยอากาศยานหากตรวจพบว่าอาจเป็นการ Out-In ในลักษณะของ Visa run ให้ว่ากล่าวและแนะนำให้ผู้นั้นดำเนินการขอ Visa ให้ถูกต้องตามวัตถุประสงค์ของการเข้ามาในราชอาณาจักร แล้วอนุโลมให้เข้า ตั้งแต่บัดนี้จนถึงวันที่ 12 ส.ค.57 โดยทำเครื่องหมาย O-I ไว้บริเวณรอยตราประทับ และหลังจากวันที่ 12 ส.ค.57 เป็นต้นไป หากเจ้าหน้าที่ตรวจพบเป็นการ Out-In ให้ปฏิเสธการเข้าเมืองผู้นั้น

หมายเหตุ หากผู้ปฏิบัติมีข้อสงสัยหรือพบปัญหาติดต่อ พล.ต.ต.ชิษณุพงศ์ ยุกตะทัต หรือ พล.ต.ต.ณัฐธร เพราะสุนทร รอง ผบช.สตม. แล้วแต่กรณีแนวทางปฏิบัติของ สตม.ในการตรวจคนเข้าเมืองของบุคคลสัญชาติเป้าหมาย เช่น เกาหลี ฯลฯ มีดังนี้

1.ห้ามมิให้ด่านชายแดนมีการอนุญาต Out-In ในลักษณะของ Visa run เพื่อให้ได้รับสิทธิในการอยู่ในราชอาณาจักรต่อเนื่องที่มิใช่เหตุผลเพื่อการ ท่องเที่ยว

2.กรณีเดินทางโดยอากาศยานหากตรวจพบว่าอาจเป็นการ Out-In ในลักษณะของ Visa run ให้ว่ากล่าวและแนะนำให้ผู้นั้นดำเนินการขอ Visa ให้ถูกต้องตามวัตถุประสงค์ของการเข้ามาในราชอาณาจักร แล้วอนุโลมให้เข้า ตั้งแต่บัดนี้จนถึงวันที่ 12 ส.ค.57 โดยทำเครื่องหมาย O-I ไว้บริเวณรอยตราประทับ และหลังจากวันที่ 12 ส.ค.57 เป็นต้นไป หากเจ้าหน้าที่ตรวจพบเป็นการ Out-In ให้ปฏิเสธการเข้าเมืองผู้นั้น

หมายเหตุ หากผู้ปฏิบัติมีข้อสงสัยหรือพบปัญหาติดต่อ พล.ต.ต.ชิษณุพงศ์ ยุกตะทัต หรือ พล.ต.ต.ณัฐธร เพราะสุนทร รอง ผบช.สตม. แล้วแต่กรณี

1. The new rules apply to “targeted nationalities, like Koreans etc.” (สัญชาติเป้าหมาย เช่น เกาหลี ฯลฯ), but the Immigration Bureau will not specify who they are. Who else is “like Koreans”, and what are the selection criteria for the nationalities to be targeted? Is there a list of targeted nationalities?

Yes, listed in a posted article elsewhere on ThaiVisa. They are Lao, Vietnamese, Korean and Russian.

See: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/725592-thailand-visa-missing-mh370-behind-visa-run-crackdown-fingerprints-next/

I'm sorry as a guy from a third world country, who goes to western countries never to return back without any paper or money and then leech of off on social welfare.

We are hypocrites....My country India is the worse, millions of Indians are living illegally in the west and no problemo and many have made a good life going to west even illegally...but when a western guy tries to do the same playing by rules even ...he is burdened with all sorts of visa rules

Thailand, Philippines, China, SEAsian countries love to leech of off on the west but don't extend the same privilege .....In my experience, sometimes we just gel with the place, our DNA just syncs with the place we were not born in....but unfortunately, western guys are not afforded the luxury..

Some guys from west....Just love Thailand...Rich or poor, they would just sync in with Asian countries, They feel their DNA coming to life again...many folks in Asian countries feel the same when they go to the west....Visa's have been a bane to humanity for 100s of years now.....Humanity must be allowed to travel and settle in where ever the F*k we want...

These government politics and bureaucracy is killing human soul slowly....People are really frustrated and on the edge living in their own shitty countries...They want to move out, explore and be free....Allow them please

This is ridiculous, new age, poppycock. Don't assert the suicide of the west as a righteous standard and that should be projected as some universal model because you "feel" your DNA's somehow connected to a place. You have no idea about your DNA- it's pure want. Grow up. The West's absurd, unbridled, lawless immigration destroys nations! At least Thailand is wise enough to not be agreeably led to the slaughter at the alter of new age "we are one" nonsense. Thailand is smart to preserve their national identify, as best they envision it, or implement it.

You sir, are not a hypocrite- people who do as you propose are criminals. Illegal is illegal, irrespective that you "feel;" utter rubbish! Find Mango Bob's Post; get a visa or go home. (I'm so sick of people asserting their "feeling" something constitutes an objective requirement that others participate in their drama and delusion. Follow the law. Your feeling stops at the place between us where the law exists).

Seems people are not very bright here. It is the immigration official that will decide if you are trying to live in Thailand off these border runs. You come in and out same hour, same day and he feels your doing this to get extra days in Thailand and not for tourist reasons he denies entry. So some of you need to wake up and visit for a few days before returning to Thailand. And stop crying the blues, it's about time they crack down on those who try to work here illegally. Glad to see this happen. Thailand does not owe you anything and it's have no affect on the economy from these cheap people who do these border runs. Also some here need to wait up to the fact that if you have a visa of any type it doesn't affect you. Can people get that through their heads. Go home we don't need you here is my best advise.

That was most probably the most hateful post I have read in a long time.

"Go Home"... are you serious.

Some people need to stick their "Godly" heads back up their...............

Wow, isn't this strange. After commenting on the negative, impolite people I find here on TV I find myself totally agreeing with a post that another says is hateful.

I don't find it hateful at all. I have been coming to Thailand for over ten years, trying to learn the immig options, choices, best means to stay as I fell in love with Thailand. In all these years I have never done a border run one time. It only means I made different choices; it doesn't reflect my character at all. Or does it? How come I can find my way to getting visas in my passport as opposed to milking a system who's visa border permissions are granted solely for tourism- it must be so as there is nearly a visa for every other reason to be in the Kingdom.

There are a subtle subculture of foreigners to this place that for reasons related to finance, Crime, malfeasance, or laziness, exploit the tourist options and craft for themselves "their middle way." They prowl the bars and get advise from geezers, TV, friends of friends, crime syndicates, or perhaps just practice, having slid into this manner of continuing their stay unawares there are appropriate ways to be in the Kingdom. An entire cottage industry exists to thwart the regulatory intent of border/visa. Have no doubt about it, some who do this are very undesirable- not just tingtong or cheap farang!

They then shout "woe is me" when Thailand enforces an existing regulation. I'm of modest means. I do it properly. I agree with Mango Bob, go home. You impugn our character collectively and exasperate the State.

< It only means I made different choices; it doesn't reflect my character at all. Or does it?> So maybe the same could be said about people who get caught in the cycle of border bounces. It means they to made different choices. You probably don't live in your home country because nobody wants to listen to your self-grandiose opining and waffle.

One point that seems to be lost every time is that life is it's entirety is not predictable. Things change and happen.

If I would have to choose between obeying all the little regulations and laws and ignoring the needs of my family, the choice would be easy. No law goes before my family. If I have to choose between putting food in front of my people or pay for ridiculous trips and paperwork, am I wrong to suggest that the needs of close ones come first?

What I am trying to say that not everyone is rich high-flyer capable buying his way through or investing zillions for some not-so-attractive government issued bond.

Some of us would be just happy to live with our families. Clear and predictable visa rules - especially when they seem to change or implement them with varying degrees - are much needed. These laws and regulations effect families, real people with problems and difficulties. Government should do it's utmost to help people, not to make their lives more difficult.

• Like 1

Can't work out this.... have 2 friends and know of others that do the same.. one works 5 weeks on and comes to Thailand for 2 weeks, the other works in H.K. and comes here for 12 days every 8 weeks....

Must all these now go and get a Visa after August ?

+ often will also travel to other places outside of Thailand for a couple of days, this will now be banned ?

1st thing that comes to mind some of these IN/OUT boarder runners that live here will just not bother, so over-stayers will go up, not to mention the loss of all the visa fees to Laos, Cambodia, Burma, and all the buses and Mini buses that took people there. guess will be a lot of upset people.

The rich 38 year old american will have to find somewhere else to live for 90 days every 180 days. Spain or italy is most likely a nice place to stay.from march to june.

Wish they would make it easier to apply for 90 days instead of giving 60 days + 30 days after visiting the beurocracy mill.

The rich 38 year old american will have to find somewhere else to live for 90 days every 180 days. Spain or italy is most likely a nice place to stay.from march to june.

México. One can stay there for 180 days, no issues.

That was most probably the most hateful post I have read in a long time.

"Go Home"... are you serious.

Some people need to stick their "Godly" heads back up their...............

Wow, isn't this strange. After commenting on the negative, impolite people I find here on TV I find myself totally agreeing with a post that another says is hateful.

I don't find it hateful at all. I have been coming to Thailand for over ten years, trying to learn the immig options, choices, best means to stay as I fell in love with Thailand. In all these years I have never done a border run one time. It only means I made different choices; it doesn't reflect my character at all. Or does it? How come I can find my way to getting visas in my passport as opposed to milking a system who's visa border permissions are granted solely for tourism- it must be so as there is nearly a visa for every other reason to be in the Kingdom.

There are a subtle subculture of foreigners to this place that for reasons related to finance, Crime, malfeasance, or laziness, exploit the tourist options and craft for themselves "their middle way." They prowl the bars and get advise from geezers, TV, friends of friends, crime syndicates, or perhaps just practice, having slid into this manner of continuing their stay unawares there are appropriate ways to be in the Kingdom. An entire cottage industry exists to thwart the regulatory intent of border/visa. Have no doubt about it, some who do this are very undesirable- not just tingtong or cheap farang!

They then shout "woe is me" when Thailand enforces an existing regulation. I'm of modest means. I do it properly. I agree with Mango Bob, go home. You impugn our character collectively and exasperate the State.

< It only means I made different choices; it doesn't reflect my character at all. Or does it?> So maybe the same could be said about people who get caught in the cycle of border bounces. It means they to made different choices. You probably don't live in your home country because nobody wants to listen to your self-grandiose opining and waffle.

If you've insulted me based on the one observation that others made "different choices" and got caught in a cycle of "border bounces," then perhaps next time you'd actually read my post where I note "different choices" and how people slid into this cycle unawares. Please read post before you quote my post as your own, then attack me.

Note: others read your posts too: ad hominen attacks reflect poorly on you. It reflects a bankruptcy you've not likely realized.

The reference you quote comes from an article in Phuket News. It quotes a Sungai Kolok immigration officer as saying that they are particularly strict with Laos, Vietnamese, Korean and Russians.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think South Koreans, Russians, Turks and nationals of all ASEAN countries (except Myanmar and Cambodia) have one feature in common: They are allowed a 30 days visa free entry into Thailand by air AND by land, although they do not belong to the G7 group.

Could it be that the Thai language notice posted on the website of the Immigration Bureau (as appended at the end of this post) only refers to these nationalities?

Could it be that the sudden clampdown on "farangs" in Mae Sai and Ranong is unrelated to this notice, and that the notice will not apply to them?

The wording "targeted nationalities, like Koreans" really makes me wonder.

On the ground reporting from a TV member: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/725760-visa-crackdown-is-aimed-at-koreans/

Something to consider is that there could very well be more than one underlying cause for all of this.

It is all about money, they are not happy with the 7% VAT Tax and the 10% Service Charge when you eat, purchase and/or stay in LOS.

I have to pay 1,900THB or my Retirement Visa Extension annually plus 3,800THB for multi re-entry permit, because I do consulting in aviation field and travel often.

The seemlingly weathy gentleman in the original post might consider getting married to a Thai Lady, that will help with this Visa problem also she can help him reduce the amount he has in the bank !!

Jerry.

Sorry - this may be really clear to some, but not me!

Is it possible for a tourist (a real, genuine tourist) from the countries listed on the included list of nationalities, to come to Thailand on a 30 day visa exempt stamp, leave Thailand, and re-enter to get a second 30 day stamp, and do that a maximum of 3 times?

The article is very confusing in this respect as at the beginning it states - "The news follows the appearance of a formal notice posted on Bangkok Immigration’s website on May 8 stating that any persons who exit Thailand after completing a stay in the Kingdom on tourist-visa exemption status* are to be refused re-entry to Thailand."

BUT at the end it states - "“Furthermore, foreigners who enter the Kingdom under this Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme may re-enter and stay in Thailand for a cumulative duration of stay not exceeding 90 days within any 6-month period from the date of first entry."

Apologies again if i'm misreading the article, i'm just genuinely confused blink.png

In all likelihood, you can ignore the entire bottom section of the OP article where it talks about info on the MFA website.

That's an old, no longer used, Immigration policy that most probably has never been updated on the MFA's website.

Pay attention to the first part of the article where it's quoting info from Thai Immigration folks. But even there, as others have noted, it's still not clear how they're going to enforce the IO (in/out) standard when it comes to visa-exempt entries.

This is ridiculous, new age, poppycock. Don't assert the suicide of the west as a righteous standard and that should be projected as some universal model because you "feel" your DNA's somehow connected to a place. You have no idea about your DNA- it's pure want. Grow up. The West's absurd, unbridled, lawless immigration destroys nations! At least Thailand is wise enough to not be agreeably led to the slaughter at the alter of new age "we are one" nonsense. Thailand is smart to preserve their national identify, as best they envision it, or implement it.

You sir, are not a hypocrite- people who do as you propose are criminals. Illegal is illegal, irrespective that you "feel;" utter rubbish! Find Mango Bob's Post; get a visa or go home. (I'm so sick of people asserting their "feeling" something constitutes an objective requirement that others participate in their drama and delusion. Follow the law. Your feeling stops at the place between us where the law exists).

petitio principii, I'm afraid.

Which makes your delusion far more worrying than any you might try to ascribe to him.

• Like 1

Re Post #91 and UN UDHR Article 13 'Right to Freedom of Movement" only applying to citizens of Thailand residing within Thailand:

Immigrants are directly affected by this freedom due to the fact that they have entered a new nation intending to settle there. If they are not allowed into that nation, or the government in any way restricts movement within their new society, then clearly this is in violation of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights as well as the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.

http://www.hrea.org/index.php?base_id=148

Quick Question Everyone- I'm coming over on a 3 entry tourist visa; am I going to have problems with this kind of visa just going over the boarder and coming back when I have the re-entries already?

No, that should be fine.

As stated, this latest policy burp by Thai Immigration pertains to VISA-EXEMPT entries.... and shouldn't have any impact on those holding/using tourist visas.

And actually, that's what Immigration seems to want foreigners to do (generally speaking): arrive using tourist visas, instead of visa-exempt entries.

If you're holding a tourist visa, you're entitled to use whatever number of entries it provides during its duration, plus the ability to extend it once in-country at Thai Immigration if desired.

Hey , welcome to my old country Poland...(I spend half of my life before under communism)

They are friendly now and they currency not to bad to survive on the dollar.

It never crossed my mind that I will have to look somewhere out of Australia to survive in my older days......

Sh...t happened.

Life is cruel but also interesting...

At least I did not learned hard way ....after what happened here in Thailand to me.

I just simply do not trust anyone and any rules..55555. My past life in communism teachings pay me now .....5555.

Better to leave now from here instead being accused again in the future for spending one night with Thai bar girl.........just who knows???? what rules they can bring...

Remember ...cameras are placed in this country everywhere ....too. 55555...

Every hotel have them and everyone was on candid camera already many times not to mention so many go go bars too.... and this is the fact!

Witch hunt just started .

Remember I am not against new visa rules !!

I am against how it is implemented !

I am against this ....that people who denided entry can not pick up their belongings. if the border authorities have no proof of any wrong doing in this country except visa run.

What the different for the new system will make to allow people to pick up own belongings on eg. Strict 2 days extra stay with heavy fine on departure if permission is abused......

I affaraid that rule makers do not have enough time to think about this.......they are looking who will be next on the top in government and it is big subject for some now

Edited by gigman

This is all still so murky. I have been on a non b for the last 4 years and am between jobs. Can I still go to Laos and get my 60 days plus the 30 day extension with out having to worry about this 90 day clock that has suddenly started ticking? We are only talking about (for example) going to Piopet and hopping a bus back to BKK right?

This is all still so murky. I have been on a non b for the last 4 years and am between jobs. Can I still go to Laos and get my 60 days plus the 30 day extension with out having to worry about this 90 day clock that has suddenly started ticking? We are only talking about (for example) going to Piopet and hopping a bus back to BKK right?

No, this is not just about the people who "go to Poipet and hop on a bus back to BKK."

It basically prevents anyone from having back-to-back visa exemptions. For example, someone who stays 1 month in Thailand after arriving by air and getting a 30-day stamp, then goes to Japan for two weeks and decides to go back to Thailand for a couple of weeks, would not be able to re-enter Thailand at Suvarnabhumi without having a proper tourist visa.

In your case, though, you're talking about getting a tourist visain Laos, which, again, is fine.

Re Post #91 and UN UDHR Article 13 'Right to Freedom of Movement" only applying to citizens of Thailand residing within Thailand:

Immigrants are directly affected by this freedom due to the fact that they have entered a new nation intending to settle there. If they are not allowed into that nation, or the government in any way restricts movement within their new society, then clearly this is in violation of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights as well as the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.

Yes , you're right .

I loved this country but because of my suspicious mind never trusted visa conditions here.

How can you trust anything and anyone in such corrupted country????

They have not idea what means human rights. 55555

Principle of those here are ; MY OWN RIGHTS and as long as I am on the ruling top.

For those looking for a clear policy from Immigration on just what constitutes an OI (out/in) person doing visa-exempt entries, that clarity (such as so many exempt entries per certain time or how much time outside Thailand between them) may not be coming.

The BKK Post has an article on the front of their website today quoting an Immigration commander, with the following paraphrased description:

Officers will decide on a case-by-case basis. If a visa-exempt re-entry is made once or twice, a foreigner may be allowed to re-enter Thailand.

But if the person has done so multiple times, they face interrogation by Immigration and having to prove they're a legitimate tourist.

Curiously, the same Immigration commander goes on to claim that 90% of the foreigners making visa-exempt entries are working in Thailand, and he claimed, mostly as language instructors. Wonder where he comes up with a figure like 90%???

Meanwhile, now this other thread/article from the Phuket paper quoting the top Immigration guy saying out-in visa runs will be limited (not DEAD as the headline states, but also adding the threat of blacklisting against violators:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/725773-immigration-boss-confirms-the-out-in-visa-run-is-dead/

“Out-in visa runs will still be possible but they have to show a credible tourism plan and give details of their accommodation to the officials.

“Thirty days should be enough for a normal tourist. If they really want to travel around the country for more than 30 days, then they must show us a plausible plan. If officers are suspicious, then they will carry out checks.

"If we believe their purpose in coming to Thailand is not what they say it is, then we will order them to leave and they will be blacklisted. They will not be able to return to Thailand, ever."

That's the first time I've heard BLACKLISTING being thrown into this latest blow-up.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Yes , you're right .

I loved this country but because of my suspicious mind never trusted visa conditions here.

How can you trust anything and anyone in such corrupted country????

They have not idea what means human rights. 55555

Principle of those here are ; MY OWN RIGHTS and as long as I am on the ruling top.

Meanwhile, human rights tribunals such as the European Court of Justice have numerous times uphold that a state has the right to deny people entry.

makes you wonder who is in the right about mentioned article.

I believe article 13 reffer to movement inside a country, not between countries. it certianly does not give me a right to travel to, let alone settle in, the county of my choice.

There is a big spanner in the works - Russians, Koreans and Brazilians get 90 days visa exemption straight up. They are generally the ones with the issues. Those on 30 days visas, generally don't have time to play up in between visa runs!!! So all this chat about 30 day runners is a waste, when the problem is these 90 days guys who really are playing up.

There is a big spanner in the works - Russians, Koreans and Brazilians get 90 days visa exemption straight up. They are generally the ones with the issues. Those on 30 days visas, generally don't have time to play up in between visa runs!!! So all this chat about 30 day runners is a waste, when the problem is these 90 days guys who really are playing up.

Russians get 30 days, not 90 days.