What is it on this pic?

catweazle08

Yes if your on the bones of your arse like most working class people here you can pop along to the local shop and buy a 5 baht sachet of soap powder or shampoo,pretty sad really in this day and age but alas all will be resolved soon allegedly.

Edited by stoneyboy

You could have walked up and taken a look at those packets they have pictures and you can figure out what they are if the wordings aren't in english.

Really?!

You could have been quiet instead of teaching me lessons i already know.

No idea, but I get packs like this when I fill up with LPG.

Only feature I've observed is that if you pour them into bottles of coke then close the lid, the lid will shoot off within a few seconds and make a big mess.

• Like 2

You could have walked up and taken a look at those packets they have pictures and you can figure out what they are if the wordings aren't in english.

Really?!

Wow! you actually know how to do that? Then why did you ask ppl here instead of walking there?

What is so unqiue about small satchets of food, drinks, detergent? Do ppl need to buy an entire bottle of detergent or a huge carton of drinks?

Really?!

Wow! you actually know how to do that? Then why did you ask ppl here instead of walking there?

What is so unqiue about small satchets of food, drinks, detergent? Do ppl need to buy an entire bottle of detergent or a huge carton of drinks?

Maybe because he's shy or the photo is somone elses.

ok, i tell you the story behind this pic:

at that time i was just taking the pic, because i liked the structure/pattern of the packages lined up.

now i´m using it for my book, so i should know what´s on it. smile.png

i thought it would be sweets of any kind, good idea to post the pic here...

thx for the help.

• Like 1

at that time i was just taking the pic, because i liked the structure/pattern of the packages lined up.

thx for the help.

If you're interested, there's a book, The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid, that has a case study related to the small packets of shampoo and other items. What happened is that the consumer products companies always assumed that very poor people just wanted cheap products. Cheap shampoo or detergent, or soap. Same with governments who want to hand out crappy stuff, but for free or subsidized in an attempt to help. Then someone figured out that they really are as aspirational and value conscious as everyone else. They wanted the better products, but couldn't afford large sizes. But will save up or splurge once in a while for the small packets of better products. For use on a special occasion or first date, or whatever. Better product at a size they can afford.

The book is focused on India and other areas with extreme poverty, but the concept translates. Also applies near college campuses.

http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/the-fortune-at-the-bottom-of-the-pyramid-eradicating-poverty-through-profits/

• Like 2

I am not sure but I think there are all different things in them eg soap,laundry powder,household items.Lady Pla buys a few and when she has filled a bucket she will take them to the Monks or the Orphanage

thx for the help.

I would say that was a fair explanation in response to the 'grumpy' posts. One would hope not to have to explain every little thing when asking a reasonable question.

That would be fair enough if people here were paid to post a reply.

I believe that being friendly and explaining yourself when you have a request comes across much better than treating fellow forum posters like paid customer service staff, working at a government department.

Edited by somchaismith

thx for the help.

If you're interested, there's a book, The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid, that has a case study related to the small packets of shampoo and other items. What happened is that the consumer products companies always assumed that very poor people just wanted cheap products. Cheap shampoo or detergent, or soap. Same with governments who want to hand out crappy stuff, but for free or subsidized in an attempt to help. Then someone figured out that they really are as aspirational and value conscious as everyone else. They wanted the better products, but couldn't afford large sizes. But will save up or splurge once in a while for the small packets of better products. For use on a special occasion or first date, or whatever. Better product at a size they can afford.

The book is focused on India and other areas with extreme poverty, but the concept translates. Also applies near college campuses.

http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/the-fortune-at-the-bottom-of-the-pyramid-eradicating-poverty-through-profits/

Wow,thats sound like a real,unable to put down kinda book.

It is sad reflection on poverty IMO. And Habit. Cannot afford to buy in volume. Easier just to walk to the corner and buy sachet... yes yes there is convenience and that has its place. You can buy a 3500 ml bottle of Sunsilk conditioner at Makro for B399. A 7.5 ml sachet of same costs 2 baht. 3500 / 7.5 = 466 x 2 = 933. Go to Global House and buy a 99 baht dispenser and you are still money ahead. Now do same with shampoo, laundry soap, etc... adds up.

Edited by Dogberry