Global House Surin 3 Dead

khwaibah

These pictures are very similar to what happened at the New Mukdahan Store only weeks after it opened a year or so ago. Here to people were killed and it was only a storm with strong winds. They obviously have a design problem or the builder has cut corners to save money in the construction. I went and looked at the Mukdahan store the day after it collapsed and could not believe what flimsy supports there were for the high facad wall above the entrance to tha building, no wonder it blew over.

• Like 2

These pictures are very similar to what happened at the New Mukdahan Store only weeks after it opened a year or so ago. Here to people were killed and it was only a storm with strong winds. They obviously have a design problem or the builder has cut corners to save money in the construction. I went and looked at the Mukdahan store the day after it collapsed and could not believe what flimsy supports there were for the high facad wall above the entrance to tha building, no wonder it blew over.

More than a design problem. 2 stores collapse people killed and a GH in Chiang Mai 2008 burnt to to the ground.

Apparently a direct strike lightning hit to the overhang at the entrance. Hard to comment on the good/bad of construction when something likes this happens. RIP, we shopped there recently....who'd a known?

Apparently a direct strike lightning hit to the overhang at the entrance. Hard to comment on the good/bad of construction when something likes this happens. RIP, we shopped there recently....who'd a known?

another act of god.ins.don't cover.

Insurance would first have to prove there WAS a God! Then they would have to prove it was God's act!

I don't rate their chances very highly!

Insurance would first have to prove there WAS a God! Then they would have to prove it was God's act!

I know when my wife questioned a bank employee about our house insurance,that was quoted,but we were covered for a volcano eruption."OH MY GOD"

I know when my wife questioned a bank employee about our house insurance,that was quoted,but we were covered for a volcano eruption."OH MY GOD"

I have a home insurance policy from a Bangkok branch of an International Insurance Company which covers damage caused by alien spacecraft.

SURIN INCIDENT

Global promises best help to victims

The Nation May 14, 2014 2:09 pm

Siam Global House, which owns the collapsed store in Surin province, promises the best care for all affected by the incident.

On the company’s website, there is a big announcement: "The company deeply regrets for the unexpected incident".

In a filing to the Stock Exchange of Thailand, the listed company said "Siam Global House is very sorry for the incident and to the people who were lost and injured. The company will do the best to take care all of the victims not only from the insurance, but also from the company ourselves."

It noted that store collapsed due to a heavy storm during 5pm of May 13. Initial investigation showed that six people died and one person was injured from the incident.

It promised to further check for further damage and safety of the building as well as the surrounding area.

At 2.10pm, the company’s share price fell to Bt12.40, 1.59 per cent lower from the Monday level.

Surin’s officials have been on the site for further inspection.

Siam Global House operates 29 wholesale outlets, aimed to be the centre of construction materials and DIY products.
Edited by Tywais
Link added. Leave a link to the source when quoting media

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

latest report channel 3 tv news,7dead.

what kind of storm does that damage?

Storms that target crappy built buildings mostly.

• Like 1