• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does he not meet with him daily?

In Thailand, Power Comes With Help From Skype

http://www.nytimes.c...-afar.html?_r=0

[ Millions of people across the globe have cut the tethers to their offices, working remotely from home, airport lounges or just about anywhere they can get an Internet connection. But the political party governing Thailand has taken telecommuting into an altogether different realm.

For the past year and a half, by the party’s own admission, the most important political decisions in this country of 65 million people have been made from abroad, by a former prime minister who has been in self-imposed exile since 2008 to escape corruption charges. ]
  • Like 2

Perhaps the Senator is a history buff and recognises an historical answer to a knotty problem.

On 20th July Surachai Liangboonlertchai (nickname Stauffenberg) flies to Dubai with a bomb in his briefcase..........."

• Like 1

That's outrageous! To even consider asking for help or advice from a fugitive from justice, let alone the one who is trying to jerk Thailand's strings for his own avaricious ends, makes a mockery of even Thailand's murcky politics.

The mind boggles. The only way that from can even start to help is to do his time in the Bangkok Hilton and then swear upon pain of death to stay totally out of all form of politics.... like that's going to happen!

Don't say TiT, because that doesn't go anywhere low enough in this case.

Why outragous ...., as a wanted for (several) arrests for rebellion & more can have a welcome seat at senate .........amazing Thailand forever so why not ?

If this meeting EVER happens, i fear for the future of Thailand and the Thai people, one thing for certain, anything to do with Taxin will come at a VERY high price and a HUGE loss of FACE.........coffee1.gif

Well he's already had a private meeting with suthep behind closed doors. Still, good to see him referred to with his proper title.

Suthep hates Thaksin,if you believe they have had a meeting,you are more gullible than I thought!

The deputy speaker of the senate has met up with suthep behind closed doors.

I can understand the confusion being caused by the "oh so clever" remarks by posters about the proper title I mentioned by twisting it to make it seem as though I meant Thaksin (because the article mentioned "fugitive Thaksin"). The wit and wisdom displayed at times on here could almost fill a football stadium the eye of a needle.

I think it is a great suggestion. The speaker should treat Thaksin with the same courtesy as he treated Suthep. If Thaksin shows up outside the Senate building and requests a meeting, then by all means meet with him. Little difference correct? Both are wanted by the police. I think Skype meetings shouldn't be considered. Too much chance for misunderstandings. In person is best.

• Like 1

Well he's already had a private meeting with suthep behind closed doors. Still, good to see him referred to with his proper title.

Suthep hates Thaksin,if you believe they have had a meeting,you are more gullible than I thought!

The deputy speaker of the senate has met up with suthep behind closed doors.

I can understand the confusion being caused by the "oh so clever" remarks by posters about the proper title I mentioned by twisting it to make it seem as though I meant Thaksin (because the article mentioned "fugitive Thaksin"). The wit and wisdom displayed at times on here could almost fill a football stadium the eye of a needle.

Well, write more clearly next.

Honestly I thought you were referring to Thaksin since he is a fugitive former prime minister.

I would think that for the speaker, the proper title would be acting Speaker of the Senate until he (or if he) is confirmed by a royal decree, which may be a long time before it is submitted.

• Like 1

If only the British or French had colonised Thailand a few hundred years ago the current problems would not exist.

Sadly the nation is stuck with politics stuck in the Middle Ages and a legal system to match.

Really? I would think that the defacto occupation of Thailand by Japan and the subsequent collaboration of Thailand with the Japanese had a role.

The French colonial legacy in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos isn't too good is it.

• Like 1

If only the British or French had colonised Thailand a few hundred years ago the current problems would not exist.

Sadly the nation is stuck with politics stuck in the Middle Ages and a legal system to match.

Really? I would think that the defacto occupation of Thailand by Japan and the subsequent collaboration of Thailand with the Japanese had a role.

Thailand was at war with England, when war ended didn't we give back Thailand to Thailand, ??? memory not google.

Thailand was at war with England, when war ended didn't we give back Thailand to Thailand, ??? memory not google.

Try Google then ;)

• Like 1

As far as the OP goes and the subject of this thread, just when you think matters would not get worse and some forward movement might start, just when you think things might be coming under control....... they give the keys back to the lunatics.

Divided into two group of thinking the first love democratic when cannot access in real power of the people when certain invisible hands still in charge of certain issue and other side still protect the righteousness from other side to destroy.

Both side side are right to have own reasons to says like China , America says he has no human rights when the citizen are living to good living standard the faith are not elected by majority of the people as it's a communist system but the bottom of the point is where India is the largest democratic country in the world where over 1 Billions population still living in below poverty line.

So what care about who is in control as far the people are happy and good living

Try Google then wink.png

Perhaps you can tell me where I was wrong ?? hate all this google stuff, all we get on forum these days is Pastes from Wiki-Google--and the like. maybe better not have forum lets all WIK/Google all day no need for discussion thumbsup.gif

Are these real names? They look and sound more like anagrams.Seriously, though, a lot of Thai names are are incredibly long and difficult to pronounce - at least by us falangs. I gather this is partly because every family name in Thailand has to be different (not thousands of Smiths and Joneses like in the UK) and the longer the family name the more social cache attaching to it. Maybe this explains why politicians have names nearly as long as that famous Welsh railway station Llangxxxxx etc.

Try Google then wink.png

Perhaps you can tell me where I was wrong ?? hate all this google stuff, all we get on forum these days is Pastes from Wiki-Google--and the like. maybe better not have forum lets all WIK/Google all day no need for discussion thumbsup.gif

well discussion can take time sat at the computer, and I dont have any thumbsup.gif There is more to the internet than wiki.

Try Google then wink.png

well discussion can take time sat at the computer, and I dont have any thumbsup.gif There is more to the internet than wiki.

Fine just use internet, have no MPs / government, Have a pool of advisors around the internet to get perfect answers for running government.thumbsup.gif

Why should a fugitive convicted criminal be consulted?

He should be brought back here and thrown in jail where he belongs. Then things could certainly move forward without him interfering.

To me this looks like a pathetic display and a declaration of intellectual and political bankruptcy of a Thai senator.

Former Prime Minister and Member of the King of Thailand's most esteemed Privy Council probably has a clearer understanding of the complexity of Thailand's political impasse that any man save the Leader of the King's Privy Council, Prem Tinsulanonda and His Esteemed Majesty the King of Thailand.

Thai political morass stoops further into absurdity each day. I'm flabbergasted, as no criminal would even propose, in public, meeting with another criminal for a sit-down, their sense of at least faking propriety being managed, how can an ostensibly legitimate senator make such a statement?

The offer itself lends a real or perceived legitimacy to the criminal, whereas it currently may be lacking due to recent events. When there are no consequences for being dishonest, the standard gets lower and lower.

Former Prime Minister and Member of the King of Thailand's most esteemed Privy Council probably has a clearer understanding of the complexity of Thailand's political impasse that any man save the Leader of the King's Privy Council, Prem Tinsulanonda and His Esteemed Majesty the King of Thailand.

Consulting Thaksin is absurd, on every strategic, or even tactical point. Even if you approach the issue from the middle, you further inflame both sides by the increasing the legitimacy of a man who by court decree was stripped of state legitimacy. This act ensures the continued intractable state of divide. This offers presumes a quality of intention that is not supported by the facts. A compromise with this man ensures a long road ahead, however it may be artificially glossed over in the present.

Edited by arjunadawn
  • Like 1

Why should a fugitive convicted criminal be consulted?

He should be brought back here and thrown in jail where he belongs. Then things could certainly move forward without him interferin

Why should a foul with an arrest warrant on him be able to walk around in Senate freely ....?

Suthep should be thrown in jail where he belongs , than things would not have moved down...

Wh should happen with Thaksin then?

As a covicted criminal, Suthep is not convicted, should Thaksin be in a jail in Thailand in your opinion.

If you don't agree then why would you want someone who has not been convicted of any crime to be put in jail.

Respect the rule of law with NO double standards even if you don't like the law in question.

If Thaksin will come back to Thailand Surachai can meet him in Jail.

IF,.... he ever comes back....

In Thaksin mind it is not a question if, it is a question of when. He has been evilly plotting his return ever since he went into self exile. All he has to do is enter the Bangkok Hilton and serve his time, problem solved.

Thaksins problem with that is that as soon as he goes to jail ALL the other and more serious cases will be brought against him.

He would have to stay in jail anyway as no bail could be granted to him as he has already fled Thailand once.

• Like 1

The British wanted reparations from Thailand as a defeated enemy that had cost the rest of the world so much. The U.S. stepped in and took the side of Thailand because Thailand's ambassador to the U.S. did not hand over the Declaration of War from the the government of Phibul Songkram. Also, Free Thais were running covert anti-Japanese operations with the U.S.'s OSS (precursor to the CIA). Britain dropped all claims on Thailand and shook hands and said, " No hard feelings, right?"

BTW, the Japanese did not take over the administration of Thailand. It merely used Thailand as a 'free pass' zone.

• Like 1