Import of tobacco

I would like to collect some information about tobacco import in Thailand.

Does anyone have information, if it is allowed to import flavored tobacco molasses, more precisely Hookah Tobacco, to Thailand? If so, how high are the import taxes? I've found so far, that imported tobacco has a duty tax of 60%, is that correct?
The reason why I am asking is, that I read about flavored tobacco not being allowed for sale from the Health Ministry of Thailand. But that's information, which is back from 2003 and it was not really clear to me.
Does anyone know more about this? It's quite hard to gather information regarding this topic.
Do you know under which category Hookahs/waterpipes fall in Thailand and if an import of those is allowed?
I've seen plenty of restaurants and bars having them, but mostly only low quality ones.
My last question is, is it allowed to work in the import business as a foreigner in Thailand?
I would really appreciate, if some of you could give me some information about these things.

This is a corrupt minefield. Good luck.

Tobacco products can be imported legally, we just did that for a customer. There is no need to pay any bribes if the documents are in order; if they are not, we won't touch the business.

Of course, it is not easy to be legal and some people might prefer corruption. They are on their own, as far as we are concerned.

• 1 month later...

Tobacco products can be imported legally, we just did that for a customer. There is no need to pay any bribes if the documents are in order; if they are not, we won't touch the business.

Of course, it is not easy to be legal and some people might prefer corruption. They are on their own, as far as we are concerned.

Hi onthemoon,

just sent you a pm...

Hi onthemoon,

just sent you a pm...

Thanks, I just replied a moment ago.