NHRC to hold talks between PCAD and assaulted German journalist

webfact

I have removed a defamatory post and quotes of it that violates the forum rules.

(6) Do not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel. Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

Copy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The attack from the PRDC thugs aside, if the so called journalist actually reported on the politicial situation without his Red eyed slant then perhaps he would have the freedom of access to both sides.

The PDRC don't have to provide access to anyone if they don't want to. They are however making nick Nostitz a little more reknowned.

The Yellow leaders are not interested about farang journalists. Remember 2010

Foreign media as a whole was not specifically targeted during 2010.

Reporters covering violent events are usually aware of the risks involved.

He may well not be independent. Indeed it does appear that he is partisan. This does not, however, justify him being kidnapped, assaulted, intimidated or harassed. That is pure thuggery.

If he had been "kidnapped, assaulted, intimidated or harassed" it would be worthy of condemnation. Instead all it appears happened was that the activist was invited to have a chat with a monk. Not such a terrible thing. If this activist was really a reporter he would have jumped at the chance to interview one of the power players in the current melee. You will remember what happened to the young lad that cried wolf too many times.

Go back and read some witness reports about the nature of the 'invitation '.

I would love to read "some " witnesses reports ... are there more than one?

any pictures, videos?

Very fragmentary evidence, no pictures or videos, but with reporters and journalists and lots of police around you wouldn't expect that, now would you?

Interesting in the OP is Nick being quoted as saying “I want to talk to PCAD and ask them why they did this. I want them to understand me.”

Not saying our dear Nick can be argumentative at times, but it might explain the statement from k. Niran which had

"But here's the important thing I want to stress: the dialogue won't be a debate table or a boxing ring. I won't be a referee. If people want to argue about politics, they will be expelled from the meeting room.”"

• Like 1

The attack from the PRDC thugs aside, if the so called journalist actually reported on the politicial situation without his Red eyed slant then perhaps he would have the freedom of access to both sides.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just like we have to put up with right wing trash printed by the nation here, or khaosod in reverse no one is going out and attacking these people.

Freedom of the press is just that, freedom to print a view even be it not to some peoples liking.

The whole point about freedom of the press and speech is to be able to report as the journo sees fit, humans will have thier own opinions or views,reporters are not machines and as such often fall into the camp of an opinion being put across in thier reports.

What your saying is its ok to report as long as it tows the party line or in this case the PDRC one, but serves him right when things happen if he dosnt ?

That is exactly what is wrong with this country, lack of respect for anothers opinion or views.

Edited by englishoak

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just like we have to put up with right wing trash printed by the nation here, or khaosod in reverse no one is going out and attacking these people.

Freedom of the press is just that, freedom to print a view even be it not to some peoples liking.

The whole point about freedom of the press and speech is to be able to report as the journo sees fit, humans will have thier own opinions or views,reporters are not machines and as such often fall into the camp of an opinion being put across in thier reports.

What your saying is its ok to report as long as it tows the party line or in this case the PDRC one, but serves him right when things happen if he dosnt ?

That is exactly what is wrong with this country, lack of respect for anothers opinion or views.

I agree with the "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion" and would like to add that freedom of the press extends to freedom of the individual to express.

To repeat your last sentence as indeed one of the problems:

I agree with the "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion" and would like to add that freedom of the press extends to freedom of the individual to express.

I agree ruby but that does not mean people can do whatever they wish outside the law or when infringing on others rights to live their life unhindered.

For instance It does not include breaking laws without consequence,or obstructing roads and occupying buildings or employing armed militia or stop and obstruct citizens and beat them if thats what you meant.

If something does not obstruct another or affect another individuals freedoms or wish to go about their business, if it does then that is restricting another's freedom such as a vote or freedom of movement..

Thing with freedom to speak is you have to be prepared to put up with the very worst opinion or people with ideals... That would include being able to speak out for say a republic or a dictatorship etc or it is no freedom at all.

Fundamental to this is the press, they must be allowed all means to report as they see fit without threats or intimidation by anyone.

• Like 1

I agree ruby but that does not mean people can do whatever they wish outside the law or when infringing on others rights to live their life unhindered.

For instance It does not include breaking laws without consequence,or obstructing roads and occupying buildings or employing armed militia or stop and obstruct citizens and beat them if thats what you meant.

If something does not obstruct another or affect another individuals freedoms or wish to go about their business, if it does then that is restricting another's freedom such as a vote or freedom of movement..

Thing with freedom to speak is you have to be prepared to put up with the very worst opinion or people with ideals... That would include being able to speak out for say a republic or a dictatorship etc or it is no freedom at all.

Fundamental to this is the press, they must be allowed all means to report as they see fit without threats or intimidation by anyone.

"report as they see fit" ? I would expect the press to report as they see, as objective as they are able to.

Individuals should be able to speak as they see fit as long as they don't lie or advocate violence, hate, and the like.

The mad evil monk doesn't give a stuff about human rights, if he did he would call his thugs off.

Mad maybe, but the true evil lives in Dubai and cares nothing for the lives that are lost.

incorrect. Chalerm is Thaksins lap dog. thailand wont be safe till Chalerm disappears. once that happens there will be a void in mob power. ... and that requires alot of PR.

[ Mr. Nostitz, who has worked as a freelance journalist in Thailand for 21 years, said his inability to cover anti-government rallies has crippled his ability to work as journalist.]

What kind of visa allows him to stay in Thailand for 21 years?

• Like 1

The mad evil monk doesn't give a stuff about human rights, if he did he would call his thugs off.

I'd say it was the mad evil Thaksin that doesn't give a stuff about human rights and needs to call his thugs off. But each to their own.

How is Thaksin involved in this at all?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Nostitz is an extremely brave and talented photographer.

If he was a pro-Thaksin propagandist why would he have documented Thaksin's war on drugs in the way he did?

He has sided with the poor in Thailand. An absolute hero in my estimation, especially given the threats against him - not least from the pathetic whingeing right-wingers on ThaiVisa.

Nick 'the Red-shirt' Nostitz

[ Anthony Cartalucci emails about Nick Nostitz and FCCT

(I do not know Nostitz, but FCCT is sad -- that much I confirm to be true. The other details that Anthony mentions -- I cannot confirm or deny because I do not know. This is FYI for your own judgement.)

From Anthony:

"Nick Nostitz is NOT a journalist - he is OPENLY a red shirt supporter/collaborator and his gimmick is picking fights with PDRC protesters so they react then the FCCT peddles it as if the PDRC is "attacking journalists." If you remember this happened not too long ago, it was ALSO NICK NOSTITZ in the middle of it. Coincidence? This guy is working in tandem with the FCCT and various alleged human rights organizations to spin the situation in Thailand just like they do everywhere else...

"Please note before you read the link I am going to show you about Nick in November 2013, that Prachatai is funded by the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and had lied about it to its readers while begging for donations from them. I fought them for 6 months to publish their funding until they did - and then, only one time and only in English..." ]

https://www.facebook.com/MichaelYonFanPage/posts/10152120324020665

[ he said, adding that he would not go back and cover this anti-government rally again due to his safety. ] 25/11/2013 Obviously he lied then.

http://prachatai.com/english/node/3756

http://altthainews.blogspot.com/2013/12/us-funded-pro-democracy-propagandists.html

"report as they see fit" ? I would expect the press to report as they see, as objective as they are able to.

Individuals should be able to speak as they see fit as long as they don't lie or advocate violence, hate, and the like.

And if they lie or advocate violence, we deal with them through the courts, not through intimidation and threat of violence.

Also, it depends on where you live. Mere advocacy of violence or hate is still protected speech in some places as long as there's no imminent violence.

There seems to be so much hatred on here towards people who do not support/idolise and worship Suthep and the Mad Monk. There is almost a call for thier extermination from some.

Many extremely aggressive people on here who idolise and worship the PDRC. It seems that the fence sitters are the only sane ones

There seems to be so much hatred on here towards people who do not support/idolise and worship Suthep and the Mad Monk. There is almost a call for thier extermination from some.

There seemsto be so much hatred and mis-information by people who are pro-Pheu Thai, pro-Thaksin, pro-UDD it would seem. All feeling the need to write about "mad monk" to indicate the others are no good.

• Like 1

I'd say it was the mad evil Thaksin that doesn't give a stuff about human rights and needs to call his thugs off. But each to their own.

How is Thaksin involved in this at all?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How ISN'T he!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm actually extremely surprised that you can continue to call Buddha Issara the Mad Monk!

For that is NOT his name but a derogatory term for him.

I'm actually extremely surprised that you can continue to call Buddha Issara the Mad Monk!

Do you really think this guy is not mad , he has a team of violent thugs who go out and seriously injure people, who try to kidnap people to bring them before him (German journalist) He admits himself that his people are violent. The guy is the devil reincarnated. How is that derogatory? He is a monk and he is mad, insane lunatic. Monks do not act this way.

• Like 1

Do you really think this guy is not mad , he has a team of violent thugs who go out and seriously injure people, who try to kidnap people to bring them before him (German journalist) He admits himself that his people are violent. The guy is the devil reincarnated. How is that derogatory? He is a monk and he is mad, insane lunatic. Monks do not act this way.

" The guy is the devil reincarnated "

When you make statements like the one above. I tend to think it's you that's a bit mad!

• Like 2

spot on.
i am Buddhist and I respect monks, especially the ones that live the Buddhas teachings... this fake monk however is pure evil.

spawn from the devil, and an absolute disgrace to buddhism. previously I thought Suthep was the worst of the worst, this evil fake monk with his posse of gun toting thugs takes the number one spot.

spot on.

i am Buddhist and I respect monks, especially the ones that live the Buddhas teachings... this fake monk however is pure evil.

spawn from the devil, and an absolute disgrace to buddhism. previously I thought Suthep was the worst of the worst, this evil fake monk with his posse of gun toting thugs takes the number one spot.

Another mad person it seems .. your a Buddhist? Right!

• Like 1

Off-topic posts and replies deleted. Please stay on topic.

If you have questions about another poster, I suggest you use the PM function. Forum rules apply to PM's, I might add.

spot on.

You're a bit of a disgrace yourself, jackboots and goon squad and oh so tolerant. What a joke. Buddhist eh? Edited by Crushdepth