High quality Shacman truck from China

He'll find selling a LHD truck in Thailand easy, I'm sure.

He's also a market researching genius... I mean, we discuss Chin crap dump trucks all the time here. HUGE audience.

He'll find selling a LHD truck in Thailand easy, I'm sure.

He's also a market researching genius... I mean, we discuss Chin crap dump trucks all the time here. HUGE audience.

Exactly.

Funny, in one of our companies have 3 of those running, 2 Shacman and 1 Shaanxi, they are exact the same but with different names, for almost 1 year now.The oldest have 40K on the teller and work 24/7 with 3 drivers. All are concrete mixers and are daily on the road with a service of 4 hours a month.

The engine is a Cummings 11 liter diesel engine. The rest is build with MAN (Mannesman/Lindeman Germany) standards. On a average route they load 9 m3 concrete and can handle this without problems.

1 Truck cost about 55.000 US$ road ready.

End this year there will come a bigger one, trekker/trailer, with a payload of 18m3 to 21m3.

• Like 1

Funny, in one of our companies have 3 of those running, 2 Shacman and 1 Shaanxi, they are exact the same but with different names, for almost 1 year now.The oldest have 40K on the teller and work 24/7 with 3 drivers. All are concrete mixers and are daily on the road with a service of 4 hours a month.

The engine is a Cummings 11 liter diesel engine. The rest is build with MAN (Mannesman/Lindeman Germany) standards. On a average route they load 9 m3 concrete and can handle this without problems.

End this year there will come a bigger one, trekker/trailer, with a payload of 18m3 to 21m3.

Oh, so not really Chinese then? US/German appropriated technology..

Funny stuff. Not sure why the driver of the other truck is miffed, had he not gotten his stuck there'd be no problem and the driver trying to pull him out has no responsibility for the stuck trucks durability nor where they hooked it up? The Kamaz is a pretty tough truck though, wins the Dakar nearly every year..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Oh, so not really Chinese then? US/German appropriated technology..

Yep, Cummins in China is a Joint Venture with Dongfeng

• Like 1

The truck being towed by the Kamaz is a Sinotruck or CNHT. Like Shacman, it is a Chinese "top Quality" truck. There are lots or JV's for heavy equipment in China but that does not mean the equipment is the same as the Western partners. Sino Truck used to have a JV with Volvo, like Shacman with MAN. Both had some arrangement with Steyr. Both are being sold in LOS.

The video looks sus and does not prove much about Chinese or Russian trucks. Anyone towing a truck bogged down like that should not use impact from a loaded truck like that. The chassis and tray on the Sinotruck did not move but the Cab looks like it was ripped of its mount. Trucks are towed from the chassis not the cab!

The most interesting truck I saw in China were the Tatra's. They have also done well in Dakar's over the years.

Edited by Jitar
  • Like 1

The truck that is stuck is a Chinese truck. I recognised the badge on the grill.

Yes, pretty sure that was the posters implication.. thumbsup.gif

Easy lad, I am just getting my head around all these vehicles from around the world with crazy names! At first I though Kamaz was Chinese! rolleyes.gif

The truck that is stuck is a Chinese truck. I recognised the badge on the grill.

Yes, pretty sure that was the posters implication.. thumbsup.gif

Easy lad, I am just getting my head around all these vehicles from around the world with crazy names! At first I though Kamaz was Chinese! rolleyes.gif

Ermmm, I was easy, just a polite notification in an attempt to help you "get your head around the trucks from around the world". Having said that though, IF you had read the previous posts one of which I posted, you may have noticed it was mentioned it being Russian made coffee1.gif.. Plus the posters title was "Russian truck quality v Chinese" so there is context clues in there as well. Just sayin like..

Edited by WarpSpeed

That's a nice old classic that, probably won't see to many of those newer Chinese trucks that far down the road in their lives.

That's what everyone said about Japanese cars, trucks and bikes once upon a time.

• Like 2

Well and for many it was true.. But that goes for a lot of the newer model cars and trucks too..They just aren't built for that kind of longevity now a days, they're more throw away then in the past.

Edited by WarpSpeed