Why are farang so unhappy about successful farang in Thailand?

Tmymaimee

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Whereustay is actually talking about something else besides getting laid. How refreshing.

Are you sure about that? I think this is just about how we're all supposedly jealous of his 'success' with the ladies.

• Like 1

Wow, Whereustay is actually talking about something else besides getting laid. How refreshing.

As for the OP, I have no problem with anyone becoming successful in life. I applaud them. The problem is people tend to come on TV and lie about their success, as if to impress people and in essence, making their opinion about anything more credible. Or so they think. Unless it's somehow essential to the issue being discussed, why even bring up your personal wealth?

But why the assumption they are lying? Perhaps they are entirely truthful....you don't know unless you've met them. I'm not referring to personal wealth necessarily. If someone talks about a new Mercedes they bought and the topic was new cars, so therefore entirely relevant to the topic, why so many posters on TV would be negative towards him?

I only ask this because I'm on a sailboat forum for a bit now, and everyone seems to get along so well, are helpful and encouraging. Here it seems like its just so many, angry, bitter people when you talk about so many topics.

As for the OP, I have no problem with anyone becoming successful in life. I applaud them. The problem is people tend to come on TV and lie about their success, as if to impress people and in essence, making their opinion about anything more credible. Or so they think. Unless it's somehow essential to the issue being discussed, why even bring up your personal wealth?

But why the assumption they are lying? Perhaps they are entirely truthful....you don't know unless you've met them. I'm not referring to personal wealth necessarily. If someone talks about a new Mercedes they bought and the topic was new cars, so therefore entirely relevant to the topic, why so many posters on TV would be negative towards him?

I only ask this because I'm on a sailboat forum for a bit now, and everyone seems to get along so well, are helpful and encouraging. Here it seems like its just so many, angry, bitter people when you talk about so many topics.

Why do I assume they're lying? Because I'm around relatively wealthy people all the time and we flatout don't talk about money.

I remember a while back some guy was ragging on and on about Thailand and was just fed up with the place. Which is fine. He then insisted that he was going to take his millions elsewhere and it was Thailand's loss. I told him I didn't believe a word he was saying, but don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

• Like 1

Or if, say, he had three Mercedes, and just wanted to tell us all about them, but then everyone made fun of him and the thread got locked?

• Like 1

I only ask this because I'm on a sailboat forum ...

I bet you get to see a lot of beautiful bridges then ... rolleyes.gif

What are u talking about? With your 11,000 posts, you have nothing to contribute but feel the need to open your mouth anyways?

Success is relative.

Relatively few self made successful farangs in Thailand.

Extremely difficult to be successful and be 100% legally clean.

I know a couple of blokes who have made it. Very hard work and good people.

I know one who took friends for hundreds of thousands of GBP.

Best way to be very successful in Thailand is to be paid by someone else to do it.

OP, perhaps you should show us some posts where YOU have come to YOUR conclusion so I/we might understand what you are on about.........rolleyes.gif

Why is it these posters with, what??? 23,000+ posts cannot even stay on topic and make a worthwhile contribution or shut their fuc*ing hole???????????????

• Like 2

Success is relative.

Relatively few self made successful farangs in Thailand.

Extremely difficult to be successful and be 100% legally clean.

I know a couple of blokes who have made it. Very hard work and good people.

I know one who took friends for hundreds of thousands of GBP.

Best way to be very successful in Thailand is to be paid by someone else to do it.

But then why the imbalance between successful farang here and in America, etc? Are there not the same opportunities here versus a western country for someone intelligent, smart and hardworking to become successful?

I remember an Indian reservation I used to fly into in northern Canada. A very successful and smart non-local Indian came back to visit his hometown after 20 years. As he walked the streets, the residents actually threw rocks at him and yelled at him to go back home. Angry and bitter.

I really get the feeling like its the same way here with so many farang. I just don't know why they're like that.

Are you sure about that? I think this is just about how we're all supposedly jealous of his 'success' with the ladies.

Perhaps I'm mistaken. Whereustay is on record for not only boasting about his immense sexual prowess, but his financial success as well. So maybe this thread is his own personal request that other members not be jealous of his success, but rather be in awe.

Actually, not really. Far more successful people on here than me...and you want to meet a "playa, look no further than HooHaa. The king.:) Whoever said about being in awe? You said that...no one else. I'm referring to the anger and bitterness I see here...some of its already filtering through.

If anything I'd say it's the other way around - the expats that have made a go of things tend to look down on the vest-wearing alcoholic whoremongers who're only here because they can get laid and have burnt their bridges back home anyway.

OP, perhaps you should show us some posts where YOU have come to YOUR conclusion so I/we might understand what you are on about.........rolleyes.gif

Why is it these posters with, what??? 23,000+ posts cannot even stay on topic and make a worthwhile contribution or shut their fuc*ing hole???????????????

Bye that reply I must assume you cannot provide proof of YOUR dilemma......rolleyes.gif

If you want to troll and be seen as not to be trolling try and back up your thread with evidence instead of having written tantrums eh......rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

What are u talking about? With your 11,000 posts, you have nothing to contribute but feel the need to open your mouth anyways?

I simply reflected the quantum of quality observed in the Opening Post ... whistling.gif

Bye that reply I must assume you cannot provide proof of YOUR dilemma......rolleyes.gif

If you want to troll and be seen as not to be trolling try and back up your thread with evidence instead of having written tantrums eh......rolleyes.gif

The in and out crackdown is having an affect.

Did I once say it was MY dilemma? Once? I asked a simple question, one in which you are unable to answer yet still fell the need to post something. Evidence is posted here everyday. There's 1 thing to have 23,000+ posts because you had something to say. In your case, its obvious why its so high.

Did I once say it was MY dilemma? Once? I asked a simple question, one in which you are unable to answer yet still fell the need to post something. Evidence is posted here everyday. There's 1 thing to have 23,000+ posts because you had something to say. In your case, its obvious why its so high.

Just answer my question, is it too difficult for you...?............Because I for one do not know what you are on about with YOUR thread.

What on earth has post counts got to do with anything anyhooooooooooo...........?............blink.png

now whos getting angree???

just look nin the miror and ask yourself the question, youll get the answer quicker,,

jake

• Like 2

I have also noticed that there is a small group of posters who tend to take a very negative unhelpful and adversarial view. My "ignore" list has grown over the last half year or so , it's a very useful tool and I suggest anyone bothered by these people use it!not you don't feed the trolls they will go away.

On the whole I believe most members are decent people.

SDM

testing testing... ;)

• Like 2