Why are farang so unhappy about successful farang in Thailand?

Tmymaimee

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit, after reading your topic this morning ... 3-girlfriends-at-once-life-is-good

I am so envious of your situation.

... coffee1.gif

I'm not envious or bitter of anyone's success.

I always want to know how they achieved that success.

So OP, as an example, with reference to your above achievement, please tell how and where did you achieve those 3 successes of subject of topic?

smile.png

I think it's just envy. Simple plain old envy. There is a topic running now,

Older Americans repatriating to the USA -- where is good?

One guy talks about Texas and another Hawaii. They live in the USA and are so envious ot people who live in Thailand it just drools off of every post. The same thing when the Brits talk about proper food. Another thread demonizes Americans for owning guns because they live in countries where gun ownership is illegal.

I believe the General Forum is populated by mostly people who don't live in Thailand and had to leave for one reason or another and can't stand to see anyone who made it here or is happy here. They lie they make up statistics and facts to cast anyone except themselves in a negative light.

One guy wrote in an offhanded way, "To any reasonable man Thailand is no bed or roses." Like that is a forgone conclusion. To me Thailand is a bed or roses. I have a nice house, attractive wife, a happy dog and good food. Like, what else do I need?

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

^^^ a decent international school that does not cost 400k baht a year before bribes? relaible garbage pick up? honest and quick responding law enforcement, fireman and emergency ambulance services? safe roads? freedom of speech?

...Thailand definitely a great place to live without children.

^^^ a decent international school that does not cost 400k baht a year before bribes? relaible garbage pick up? honest and quick responding law enforcement, fireman and emergency ambulance services? safe roads? freedom of speech?

...Thailand definitely a great place to live without children.

If you were successful you would send your kids to the same place Abhisit went to school. Thais know about this stuff ask them.wai2.gif

Thailand does not have Detroit. Well it does actually. It has the business that used to be Detroit's. Know why?

Detroit and the South Side of Chicago both have fire departments and freedom of speech. You might want to check them out.

Edited by thailiketoo

Thailand (and as a result, Thaivisa) traditionally does not attract expats who are reasonably wealthy, there is therefore a lot of angst and jealousy amongst the remaining 90% (?) who wish they were.

You make a good point there

a few of my mates are sewriously wealthy and they dont go onto any forum, however i come on here,so does that make me skint hahahahahha

This topic has become a joke!

You have USD1m - I have USD2m = I am better than you!

I am young - you are old = I am a stud - you are not = I am better than you!

I date HiSos - you visit the local whorehouse = I am better than you!

The beauty of a forum - you can say whatever you want. Who is going to prove it?

Closer to the mark?

I have very little $$$ - I do visa runs (or just hide)

I live in a cheap guesthouse

I eat at the market - it is now B30! A ripoff?

I have sexual dysfunction - I pay B500-1000 for sex (I cannot afford to go often). Is there a place cheaper for sex? Am I getting ripped off?

Based on input to this forum, the members of TV must have the highest average wealth/income in the world.

Farangs must be the biggest whingers in LOS - cost of living, golf etc. Hell, there are specific topics on the cost of living in CNX for example.

A dose of honesty? Most of us come here for 2 reasons - $$$ & sex (lack of).

A retirement visa for a single - B800,000 bank deposit. Yet, there is an industry doing visa runs.

Get real!

Oh, Mr. Toad and Heavy Drinker...welcome back.:) Just waiting on Hardened Soul to complete the angry/bitter party.

The complete hyprocrisy of their rants is that every time I have offered to meet them in person, they laugh and decline, then ridicule. Like the schoolyard bully that knows that one kid will kick his head in so he never quite goes too far as to expose his bluff.

Of course, should they meet me and realize I haven't been lying, would they actually post the truth here? Likely not.:) Face thing and all.:)

What I don't get is why everyone assumes you're a troll.

To me, your stories seem rather mundane. You said you had a girlfriend who was a teacher. You then said you dumped her because she perspired a lot. So what?

You now say you have three girls on the go at once. Again, so what? I've come across far weirder shit than this.

As for meeting you in person, have you actually asked anyone to meet? If so, what did they say?

I guess another question would be why do you want to prove your stories? Why do you think they're interesting?

One final point: what you and I might interpret as jealousy is sometimes a bit more worrying. I'm talking about mental illness. A few people on this forum are obsessed by you and seem genuinely to loathe you. This is not jealousy. It's borderline insanity. Be careful who you choose to hook up with.

Edited by casualposter

Oh, Mr. Toad and Heavy Drinker...welcome back.smile.png Just waiting on Hardened Soul to complete the angry/bitter party.

The complete hyprocrisy of their rants is that every time I have offered to meet them in person, they laugh and decline, then ridicule. Like the schoolyard bully that knows that one kid will kick his head in so he never quite goes too far as to expose his bluff.

Of course, should they meet me and realize I haven't been lying, would they actually post the truth here? Likely not.smile.png Face thing and all.smile.png

To me, your stories seem rather mundane. You said you had a girlfriend who was a teacher. You then said you dumped her because she perspired a lot. So what?

You now say you have three girls on the go at once. Again, so what? I've come across far weirder shit than this.

As for meeting you in person, have you actually asked anyone to meet? If so, what did they say?

I guess another question would be why do you want to prove your stories? Why do you think they're interesting?

One final point: what you and I might interpret as jealousy is sometimes a bit more worrying. I'm talking about mental illness. A few people on this forum are obsessed by you and seem genuinely to loathe you. This is not jealousy. It's borderline insanity. Be careful who you choose to hook up with.

or at least meet in a public place, and take condoms in your handbag

• Like 1

I was staying with my family in the early 90's in Oklahoma City and we went out to one of those old-style cafeteria restaurants. My father pointed out a elderly couple having their meal and said: They have Oil properties worth over $100 million..

So sometimes you only know someone is successful if they make a point of letting you know that they are successful.

I was staying with my family in the early 90's in Oklahoma City and we went out to one of those old-style cafeteria restaurants. My father pointed out a elderly couple having their meal and said: They have Oil properties worth over $100 million..

So sometimes you only know someone is successful if they make a point of letting you know that they are successful.

that's exactly why the thaivisa forum exists

"A retirement visa for a single - B800,000 bank deposit. Yet, there is an industry doing visa runs.

Get real!"

a lot of people are not OLD enough to get the retirement visa even though they have millions in thai banks

and maybe dont want to get married

i dont know why you would think everyone is in the old age bracket and automatically gets a visa for 800k

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Brit1984

Congratulations! A super day!

Neurath's typical day or yours?

It ain't a race - Neurath was left at the barrier.

Super day? Finding THB20! Are you kidding! A perfect day is finding the THB20, making someone else pick it up, hand it to you and then posting the whole event on to YouTube. That's a perfect day. Finding THB20? Well that's just a day that's better than not finding THB20. Same goes for my yacht parties - they're no fun unless viewed by plebs who can't join in. For me, the envy of others is like owning the most uniquely beautiful woman in the world - it's even better when I tell others that they should deny the envy and instead be happy for ME!!! It's like serving someone a shit sandwhich and forcing them to say with ethusiasm that it tastes real GOOD! Fois Gras and Moet go down better with the contorted looks of denied envy on the faces of those who cannot have what I have. Life doesn't get any better!

Oh, Mr. Toad and Heavy Drinker...welcome back.smile.png Just waiting on Hardened Soul to complete the angry/bitter party.

Of course, should they meet me and realize I haven't been lying, would they actually post the truth here? Likely not.smile.png Face thing and all.smile.png

As far as the girls, I simply don't understand what they get out of the arrangement. I have no intent to marry or have kids. If they ask for money, that will be the last time I see them. Sure, I take them out for a nice dinner, to a movie and whatever but I don't like the paid girlfriend crap.

One thing I do notice from talking to them is that most guys make love then go to sleep, while ignoring the fact that she still hasn't got off. Every girl says I'm the first guy they've met that pays attention to their needs. This is coming from a short, bad guy (but not fat). So why would they choose to go with me for free, when they can get paid 5000 baht or whatever from some young guy in a club?

I'm the opposite of a stud; in fact, my ex- thai wife became a lesbian and now lives with another woman.

Don't assume everyone is lying on here. If there is no motivation to lie, why would someone go to the trouble to make stuff up? I'm not talking about how much stuff someone has. Maybe they bought their yacht from selling drugs to school kids. I'm talking about people that worked hard for what they've earned and then others try and cut them down.

Read the topics about how much money someone spends every month. Some guys are proud to buy second hand clothes and eat noodles 3 times a day and sleep with a fan. Why? Its like the backpackers you see that are proud of how dirty and unshaven they are. Its simply disgusting.

YipYipYa123

Thank you for the education.

Maybe this activity will be the source of a new vocation for you.

I have been here for 12 years; had a retirement visa for 11 years - I KNOW NOTHING!

My - you are a sensitive one! What have you really said?

From recollection, if you do not qualify by age, there is the B10m option (investment visa???). Interested?

Edited by cnx37

YipYipYa123

Thank you for the education.

Maybe this activity will be the source of a new vocation for you.

I have been here for 12 years; had a retirement visa for 11 years - I KNOW NOTHING!

What have you really said?

ive been here for ten years ,im probably half your age

do you feel special being 62+ or think you have learned more in 12 years than i have in 10 ?

even if you did ,who cares ? are you the better farang because youre the oldest ?

what if someone is here for 14 years ,that would make them 2 years better than you ,right ? :D

Edited by YipYipYa123

YipYipYa123

There is an enormous number of topics applicable to visas on TV.

Thankfully, you can provide such accurate guidance for us mere mortals.

Enough from me - I need to take my BP pills.

YipYipYa123

There is an enormous number of topics applicable to visas on TV.

Thankfully, you can provide such accurate guidance for us mere mortals.

Enough from me - I need to take my BP pills.

try some valium ,xanax etc and maybe prozac too thumbsup.gif

The beauty of a forum - you can say whatever you want. Who is going to prove it?

Closer to the mark?

I have sexual dysfunction - I pay B500-1000 for sex (I cannot afford to go often). Is there a place cheaper for sex? Am I getting ripped off?

Based on input to this forum, the members of TV must have the highest average wealth/income in the world.

Farangs must be the biggest whingers in LOS - cost of living, golf etc. Hell, there are specific topics on the cost of living in CNX for example.

A retirement visa for a single - B800,000 bank deposit. Yet, there is an industry doing visa runs.

Get real!

Yahoo! Reality check. Yes - closer to the mark! I agree. True for me the 2 reasons. btw. I got my retirement visa after my first year here, no problem. In almost three years I never had to do a visa run. I give my legit visa guy 11,000Baht a year and that's it - multiple entrée and everything. Never had to make that bank deposit, never go to Thai Immigration. One thing I love about Thailand - If you know the right people, then life is a breeze here.

• Like 1

Closer to the mark?

Get real!

Yahoo! Reality check. Yes - closer to the mark! I agree. True for me the 2 reasons. btw. I got my retirement visa after my first year here, no problem. In almost three years I never had to do a visa run. I give my legit visa guy 11,000Baht a year and that's it - multiple entrée and everything. Never had to make that bank deposit, never go to Thai Immigration. One thing I love about Thailand - If you know the right people, then life is a breeze here.

can you not see the irony in what you just wrote ? :D

everyone else can.............lol

If they ask for money, that will be the last time I see them. Sure, I take them out for a nice dinner, to a movie and whatever but I don't like the paid girlfriend crap.

BOOM!!

You've finally admitted that this the reason you're going through women like water here. They're asking you for money, you're refusing and you're getting sidelined. laugh.png

You thought that in Thailand, every zero could be a hero. Every short, bald social misfit could live the dream. Well clearly you were right but your trouble is you can't just enjoy it like any normal guy; you have to try to evoke envy because that's what you felt back home when all the guys with a personality got the girls you wanted so badly and that is where and how you snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

• Like 2

Closer to the mark?

Get real!

Legit eh.....................coffee1.gif ...............Hmmmmmmmm, who's that knocking at the door..............w00t.gif

• Like 2

Closer to the mark?

Get real!

Legit eh.....................coffee1.gif ...............Hmmmmmmmm, who's that knocking at the door..............w00t.gif

Sounds very legit indeed..... In the Thai sense of the word...

He has no qualms about buying illegal visas but 2 guys eating without their shirts on was worth making a thread to complain about....

What a Cringe worthy character ;-)

• Like 1

Read the topics about how much money someone spends every month. Some guys are proud to buy second hand clothes and eat noodles 3 times a day and sleep with a fan. Why? Its like the backpackers you see that are proud of how dirty and unshaven they are. Its simply disgusting.

I purchased a really nice 2nd hand, Levi shirt from the Thai market for 100bht a while back.

Still wear it every month, it's great. I have no problem with 2nd hand clothes.

I also mostly sleep with a fan, keeps you acclimatized to going out in the day.

No point in being cool all night, then sweating like a pig all day.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican