Why are farang so unhappy about successful farang in Thailand?

Tmymaimee

What's all this then, seems the OP is just bitter...and as I watch American Gov TV, the same question comes up. But with that idiot McCain. Need to get a Barbie set & enter Ken for the Dem primary. Oh sry, Hillary is already there...the 1st ladyboy for US President.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be this a troll topic or not, there is some truth in the OP.

I think like many older people in many places they look back at their life and think about what could have been and it makes them miserable and instead of doing something to change now, they opt to continue to see the world in a miserable way and don't want to believe others can truly be happy. It is just more easier to see things negatively and constantly complain instead of getting out and enjoying life and the limited days we have on this planet.

Although there is a great many people that live their lives this way, there are a much greater number of us who from time to time can fall into this rut temporarily or simply just be in a bad mood.

The real mystery to me is why TV seems to be a magnet for these people and/or attract people to post when they are in such miserable moods.

Still entertaining, kind of in a FOX News way. You get to hear a little bit of news or info that is followed up with entertaining and strange takes on what the news means. For FOX is is always trying to find a way to blame Obama and here it is about trying to find a way to degrade Thais and Thailand. Like FOX too, for every 10 people supporting the extreme view, there will be 1 who is more based in reality but more importantly is both FOX and TV have found a very successful model that attracts many viewers/members.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn
  • Like 2

Owning a Mercedes in Thailand -- at least for the Thai-Chinese grandmothers who seem to be the major owners of these cars -- means you always have the right of way. Have you ever seen one of those drivers yield to anyone?

have you ever seen a Mercedes in Thailand with clear glass that you can identify the driver? huh.png

OOPS just saw this one -- I guess it is hard to see who is driving the Mercedes when your vantage point is from another Mercedes. Not too hard to see who is the driver when you are up close -- and maybe too close -- on your Honda Wave.

Owning a Mercedes in Thailand -- at least for the Thai-Chinese grandmothers who seem to be the major owners of these cars -- means you always have the right of way. Have you ever seen one of those drivers yield to anyone?

Yes I've seen many, in my experience new Mercedes drivers are among the most considerate drivers on the Thai roads.

Yes I've seen many, in my experience new Mercedes drivers are among the most considerate drivers on the Thai roads.

Riding a 100cc Honda Wave my experience with Mercedes drivers is their attitude is if they wanted to yield to a motor bike they wouldn't have bought a Mercedes.

Riding a 100cc Honda Wave my experience with Mercedes drivers is their attitude is if they wanted to yield to a motor bike they wouldn't have bought a Mercedes.

and if you wanted people to yield to you, you wouldn't have bought a scooter. ;)

Almost nobody yields to scooters because most scooters drive in a way that doesn't require drivers to yield to them.

I prefer to walk - honestly!

It is not the $$$! But,songtaews & tuk-tuks are a strain on my budget so I limit their use to once per week.

I get to observe the Mercs, BMWs etc - I am NOt jealous - too shiny - I do not like "black" anyway. Really, who would want such?

Nothing like a cheap pair of "short" shorts, rubber sandals & a pair of copy sunglasses! I live in Paradise!

An added bonus - I get the opportunity to collect empty soda cans - $$$, $$$, $$$.

a) no need to search for a car park

B) no tipping requirements - car parking attendants are a headache

c) save $$$ for the next visa run

d) no getting into a hot car with real leather seating

e) no waiting at the car washing facilities

Yes, I do have a 2nd hand bicycle - it is really beautiful - almost 10 years old now. ( I am saving up for one of those tiered parking facilities - real cool! However, I have a puncture - too expensive to repair - maybe in 1 month I will have the $$$.

My g/f & I just love going for a tandem ride on the bicycle in the busy traffic - I KNOW we are the envy of all!

The 20sqm penthouse @ the guesthouse is a bit pricey - but worth every bit of it.

My only annoyance - sometimes those terrible songtaew drivers try to "cheat" me - B30! - for a long trip. Those rascals!

I SHOULD BE SO LUCKY! LIFE IS GOOD! BELIEVE ME!

Edited by cnx37

and if you wanted people to yield to you, you wouldn't have bought a scooter. wink.png

Almost nobody yields to scooters because most scooters drive in a way that doesn't require drivers to yield to them.

Well we could keep this going but I'll just add my rule-of-the-road Mercedes driver or otherwise:

No Thai driver will ever willingly be the next-to-the-last driver through the intersection.

Edited by JLCrab

Look at how many Thai men smash their girlfriends' face in once a month? Fractured skull, broken arm, split lips, yet she loves him more than any other guy. That to me is a defective personality yet these Thai losers manage to attract hot go go dancers, keep her money to screw other girls, and drink every night, while staying unemployed or driving a motorbike taxi.

You've mentioned this much in the past. I'm not sure if you're intentionally being brutally honest, or unintentionally revealing how pathetic you are. What you're saying is that you've known some hot go-go dancers who would rather be with an abusive, broke, drugged-out Thai guy than to be with you. And you criticize the girl? My man, I think this says a lot more about your desirability than her "defective personality."

• Like 1

<deleted> was that all about. Seems as though old whereustay has got a lot of TVers into a marathon? of print. A good laugh after a hot day watering my cucumbers.But I think Micky Spillane sorry Donnie Brasco got the lot of you with his usual penetrating logic, and very readable prose. As for the OP, He's seen f...k all, I was doing what He's bragging about in the mid '80s on a Able Seamans wage. And you shoulda seen the girls marching down (walking street) then. would arrive in Pattaya after 6 months on a Maersk gas tanker with my 7k UK payoff, and for 3 months I would f...k and booze myself stupid.But after 10 yrs of Thai debauchery I settled down with the best Woman in the World (to me) who I met in the Cowboy Bar, (and a lot of other TVers did). So, you don't need a lorra money to be a success in Thailand. JD

• Like 2