Thailand Elite easy access 500k THB card

Thanks a lot!! Read it , and I find that really interesting. I don't know thailand as much as many here, but since this big scandal I can't believe they would do the same mistake again (alienating influent people against the Thailandese government for a second time, for the exact same thing), and go through the refunding process, the legal suits and so on. As a minimum, they would refund members, as they did.

Here Frank,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/235788-thailand-elite-program-is-dying-special-entry-visa-suspended/

The letter can be downloaded from post # 9

It was 2009, perhaps irrelevant, just shows history, I guess.

Thanks a lot!! Read it , and I find that really interesting. I don't know thailand as much as many here, but since this big scandal I can't believe they would do the same mistake again (alienating influent people against the Thailandese government for a second time, for the exact same thing), and go through the refunding process, the legal suits and so on. As a minimum, they would refund members, as they did.

Here Frank,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/235788-thailand-elite-program-is-dying-special-entry-visa-suspended/

The letter can be downloaded from post # 9

It was 2009, perhaps irrelevant, just shows history, I guess.

Frank,

Don't worry, most here don't know much about Thailand, they just think they do ;)

Ohhh and by the way, it's not thailandese, no such thing, it's Thai, but never mind I'm just being a picky ole baaaastard.

Ohh and by the way, if you want to know anything about visas and stuff like that, just ask the guys in the visa section of the forum, there's some real gurus in there, these guys make me look like a spring chicken (I'm talking as old as the hills) and they do know there stuff. ;)

Edited by neverdie

Just have been on their website, and no, you don't need to. Just have to exit once a year.

Just curious. So you get a 5 year visa for your 500K baht. Right? Do you still have to do 90 day border runs (as I currently do on a non-O) and/or 90 reporting to immigration?

If I got a 5 year visa and 5 year stay without 90 day border runs or reporting to immigration, I think it would be worth it.

So you have to leave Thailand once a year. And no visits to the immigration?

Did I get it right or?

Exactly

"Renewable 5-year multiple entry visa with extendable 1-year length of stay
per each entry"
I was just wondering, considering it's aimed at rich koreans and chinese people, may be there is requisites of income or savings...

Just have been on their website, and no, you don't need to. Just have to exit once a year.

Just curious. So you get a 5 year visa for your 500K baht. Right? Do you still have to do 90 day border runs (as I currently do on a non-O) and/or 90 reporting to immigration?

If I got a 5 year visa and 5 year stay without 90 day border runs or reporting to immigration, I think it would be worth it.

So you have to leave Thailand once a year. And no visits to the immigration?
Did I get it right or?

Just like the original "Elite" scheme, this is not intended for people living in Thailand. It's intended for people living abroad who frequently visit here. The marketing says it's for "a business traveler who frequently travels to Thailand".

Members of the original scheme had their memberships cancelled (without compensation) when it was found out they were living in Thailand.

• Like 2

Thank you to OP. It is always good to have options. Some years ago there was a 3 year visa (I think it was perpetually extendable) for people who invested more than 10 Million in a condo or business.

Not knowing about it, I missed out. They canceled it after a few years and as far as I know, it has never been on offer again.

It is called Elite for a reason, clearly not for everyone and clearly aimed at people with money, instead of those looking for cheaper beer

true but overpriced imo ... even if u have the cash.

but then i don't care about the Elite-label which in Thailand (land of appearances) is worth some money already ...

Thanks for posting, wasn't aware of this "5years" card... only knew the one for 2M THB n 20 Yrs.

Is there a need to get a re-entry permit before leaving the country for the visa to stay valid? (as it is for education visa etc.)

• Like 1

Just like the original "Elite" scheme, this is not intended for people living in Thailand. It's intended for people living abroad who frequently visit here. The marketing says it's for "a business traveler who frequently travels to Thailand".

Members of the original scheme had their memberships cancelled (without compensation) when it was found out they were living in Thailand.

Is that correct, I did not know that.

Thank you to OP. It is always good to have options. Some years ago there was a 3 year visa (I think it was perpetually extendable) for people who invested more than 10 Million in a condo or business.

Not knowing about it, I missed out. They canceled it after a few years and as far as I know, it has never been on offer again.

A bit mangled, that. There was an option to invest 3 million and get unlimited annual extensions. Now it's 10 million. Of course there are details but that's the gist of it.

Yeah, like a lot of people I was totally unaware of this. That's perfect for me- I've been on an education visa and want to continue studying at school anyway, but this sounds like a lot less hassle.

Does anyone know how long it takes them to process applications at all?

Indeed I've read something about it concerning the old service. But I've spend the whole day searching for infos both on new and old Thai elite and I haven't bump yet about something telling this membership was canceled for anyone. So if you have any infos don't hesitate... I don't think they are talking about the "living abroad" thing in the official website either, but it is so poorely made, I may have missed it.

But isn't it the case already for many other visas people use massively here to remain in thailand?, ED, retirement extension, pretty much everything beyond mariage visa? And since you can make the Thai Elite people renew it for you by calling them seven days before a one year period ends, it would tend to indicate they expect you to do so.

Don't forget the main purpose of this visa is having rich people spending money IN THAILAND and not from outside.

Is that correct, I did not know that.

yes: for the cheapest: 1 year entry multiple times over 5 years

From the website:

"...Perhaps the most important and attractive benefits attached to THAILAND ELITE Membership are enhanced immigration and visa privileges. Membership confers the right to stay in Thailand with a Privilege Entry Visa as well as extendable 1 year stays without the usual need to leave the country.
Members will be granted a Privilege Entry Visa when applying at any Royal Thai Embassy, Royal Thai Consulate General, or Thai Immigration Bureaus in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Phuket..."

The Elite Card includes multi-entry visa as well?

Edited by Frank78

Yeah, like a lot of people I was totally unaware of this. That's perfect for me- I've been on an education visa and want to continue studying at school anyway, but this sounds like a lot less hassle.

Does anyone know how long it takes them to process applications at all?

I checked my e-mails now and I sent in my application on a Saturday, and on the next Friday so 6 days later they e-mailed me back with the approval letter from the Thailand Immigration Office.

Edited by Stanley78
  • Like 2

May be the "one year non immigrant visa multiple entries"? In this case, unlike investment visas, they accept to renew it for 5 years or more for the most expensive. The service belong to the tourism Authority of Thailand.

Which basis for extensions are they using ?

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/temporarystay/policy777-2551_en.pdf

Or is it just "mai pen rai, your buddies in immigration will stamp ya" .. until the buddies change.

That's a lot of cash to stay in a country on the verge of political meltdown and possible civil war.

But as you said each to his own.

The OP is in the USA? I am confused......tongue.png IMHO there are quite a few countries right now on the road to political meltdown and Thailand is not at the top of the list.

From the official website:

"...Thailand Elite Members will be granted a “Privilege Entry Visa” when applying at any
Royal Thai Embassy, Royal Thai Consulate-General, or at the Thai Immigration Bureau at
Suvarnabhumi, Chiang Mai and Phuket International Airport.
This “Privilege Entry Visa” is a multiple entry visa which is valid for five years - and is renewable as long as the Membership is valid. The Members are also granted an exclusive extension for each stay from regular 90 days to 1 year without the usual need to cross the border. In other words, the usual visa run that needs to be done every 90 days is extended to 1 year - exclusively for this Thailand Elite’s Privilege Entry Visa.
Thailand Elite also provides the Members the unlimited Elite Personal Liaison to present to Thai Immigration Bureau Chaengwattana, Bangkok in place of the Members as in the 90-day obligation issued by Thai Immigration Bureau without additional charge*.
The Members can also complete the Privilege Entry Visa renewal at Immigration Bureau Offices at Suvarnabhumi International airport upon arrival, or Chaengwattana-Bangkok and 90-day presence by themselves at any available Thai Immigration Bureau offices throughout Thailand. ..."
ALSO:
How does the five (5) year visa work?

The Member is granted a special five (5)-year multiple entry VISA with automatic approval of one (1)-year stay. The Member is also exempt from the requirement to leave Thailand extend length of stay but is subject to stay extension fee (1900 THB) as stated in the Thai Immigration and tzaion Service duty charges. "
Edited by Frank78

http://www.thailandelite.com/newcreate/tpc_news_view.php?id=6

The visa privilege conditions, extension periods, and fees (THB 1,900) are subject to change by Royal Thai government policies and the Thai Immigration Bureau.

Yes well..so it's apparently a multi-entry non-immigrant visa, with 5y validity. You'll get 90d at the border, with the option to extend the permission to stay for 1 y. The basis used for the extension looks unclear.

Too fishy for my taste. Almost looks like somebody at the immigration is bending their own rules for a bit of cash.