Thailand Elite easy access 500k THB card

I think for the people that aren't lucky enough to have a work permit, a thai wife, or a retirement extension, the real question is:

Is it more risky than to invest 10 millions in a condo, treasure bonds or fix account?

Yes, you could loose 500 000 baths in the process, but the loss is already cut there and limited to this amount.

And, may be the others visas will be also subject to major changes in the near Future, who knows. For what I've read they are not carved into marble and are subject to even faster modifications without any notice.

http://www.thailandelite.com/newcreate/tpc_news_view.php?id=6

The visa privilege conditions, extension periods, and fees (THB 1,900) are subject to change by Royal Thai government policies and the Thai Immigration Bureau.

Yes well..so it's apparently a multi-entry non-immigrant visa, with 5y validity. You'll get 90d at the border, with the option to extend the permission to stay for 1 y. The basis used for the extension looks unclear.

Too fishy for my taste. Almost looks like somebody at the immigration is bending their own rules for a bit of cash.

Edited by Frank78

Exactly

"Renewable 5-year multiple entry visa with extendable 1-year length of stay
per each entry"
I was just wondering, considering it's aimed at rich koreans and chinese people, may be there is requisites of income or savings...

They do not ask for any income or savings proof to apply for the card.

I suppose they think the the fact that you're willing to spend that amount on the card is proof enough that you have money.

Edited by Stanley78

??!!!

In this case, it tend to demonstrate that all this "vip" thing is a major BS, and it could be some discreet alternative they offer before the retirement visa.

I mean that all the very purpose of this service is to bring rich people in Thailand to spend fortunes in Siam Paragon and golf clubs. The simple fact they don't even want to take a look on our assets tells a lot...

I suppose they think the the fact that you're willing to spend that amount on the card is proof enough that you have money.

Edited by Frank78

Why would it be?

Would be very interesting to see the stamp they put on the passport.

To see if it says "non-imm" or something else. Also to see how many days they grant upon entry.

I will let you know what they put in the passport after I've landed in Thailand. I have my appointment with immigration at the airport in Bangkok at the end of June.

Excellent, thanks. I'm sure other people are curious as well.

??!!!

In this case, it tend to demonstrate that all this "vip" thing is a major BS, and it could be some discreet alternative they offer before the retirement visa.

I'm not so sure. I believe they really think there are a lot of advantages with the card that a person over 50 would want to consider getting it as well.

I'm not saying I agree (or disagree) with that but that's the impression I get. Then again as I have pointed out before, if you have a high net worth sometimes minimizing hassle and time spent on visa issues is worth more than the cost of the card.

Edited by Stanley78
  • Like 1

I have used this forum to get a lot of information, such as how to get my pet to Thailand and as such I thought it would only be fair to give what little information I have which might help someone.

I've been following the recent Thai visa run discussions and noticed that there are some people who are in a similar situation to mine (way below the 50 year retirement age, do not need to work in Thailand to sustain their living).

I know that there are a lot of negative opinions about the Thailand Elite card here, which is understandable but that does not mean that it is not a useful solution for some people.

I would like to begin by pointing out that there are two different Thailand Elite cards, one is called Individual and costs THB 2m for 20 years with an annual fee of THB 20k (so in essence THB 2.4m for 20 years).

Personally I had no interest in that card. First of all THB 2m is a lot to pony up at once when:

1) I have no idea where I want to be in 20 years from now, that's almost an eternity.

2) Given the history of the card who knows if it will be around for that long.

3) I have little (read: no) interest in playing golf etc.

What I do have have interest in is spending as little time and hassle as possible on visa issues, and I am willing to pay a bit for that privilege.

Hence I got the other Thailand Elite card which is called Easy Access and costs THB 500k for 5 years (with no annual fee), which means that I pay THB 100k per year, or THB 8333 / month for it.

It has the same advantages as the Individual card, but without the golf/spa. It also cannot be sold on but I doubt anyone ever does that, and has "only" 24 free airport transfers per year instead of unlimited ones.

I realize for a lot of people paying THB 8333 a month for a visa is a lot, and they prefer to (or have to for financial reasons) spend their time on visa runs or on multi-entry visas of various types.

To each their own, it is not up to me to decide what people do to to be able to live in Thailand.

I am merely saying that for some, at least for me, THB 8333 is not a big cost to spend a month to completely hassle free get a 5 year visa for Thailand.

Also of course included in that are some (24) free airport transfers, as well as fast track through immigration without having to even pick up your own luggage. Which by itself is a service I sometimes use at other airports such as Moscow (no I'm not Russian, I'm Scandinavian) and pay 5000-10000 baht per time for.

The process for getting the Thailand Elite card is very simple, you just e-mail them and they send you a one page form where you fill in your vitals (name, DoB, address) and scan and e-mail it back to them together with a scan of your passport.

If they (whoever they are, Thailand immigration perhaps) accepts your application then you are asked to make a bank transfer for THB 500k and to send the original form together with a 1 inch photo of yourself which they will put on your Thailand Elite card to their office in Bangkok.

You then have a choice to either:

1) Have them send your Thailand Elite card and visa to your home address abroad, which you then take to the nearest Thai consulate/embassy for them to put in your passport.

2) or let them know when you will next be arriving in Thailand, at which point you will be met (if it's at Bangkok, Phuket, Koh Samui or Chiang Mai airport) by a representive at the gate where your plane landed, who will take you through fast track at immigration where you will be given your 5 year visa in your passport.

I realize once again that this is not for everyone, probably not for most, but I do hope that perhaps someone will find this information useful and I wish you all the best with getting your Thai visas, no matter how you go about it.

Thank you OP for sharing this info. Its very useful indeed.

May I know where do I send the email to? Do you have the email address to share?

Finally with that Elite card, does that mean you are allowed to stay in Thailand as long as you want without needing to extend visa?

Thank you.

??!!!

I mean that all the very purpose of this service is to bring rich people in Thailand to spend fortunes in Siam Paragon and golf clubs. The simple fact they don't even want to take a look on our assets tells a lot...

For some reason I think they know the cheap beer drinkers would not be spending half a million on a visa;)

• Like 1

For the original Life Time membership (which was 1 MB and still in operation) the Visa Sticker has S.E. on it (which I'm assuming stands for Special Entry).

If not leaving the country you have to report to immigration every 90 days.

I'm assuming the 5 year Visa is exactly the same (except with the life time card the 5 year visa was renewable).

You do need to extend visa, every year during the validity of the card (5 or 20 years)

Thank you OP for sharing this info. Its very useful indeed.
May I know where do I send the email to? Do you have the email address to share?
Finally with that Elite card, does that mean you are allowed to stay in Thailand as long as you want without needing to extend visa?
Thank you.
  • Like 1

I think they do it for you on call.

For the original Life Time membership (which was 1 MB and still in operation) the Visa Sticker has S.E. on it (which I'm assuming stands for Special Entry).

If not leaving the country you have to report to immigration every 90 days.

I'm assuming the 5 year Visa is exactly the same (except with the life time card the 5 year visa was renewable).

yes: for the cheapest: 1 year entry multiple times over 5 years

From the website:

"...Perhaps the most important and attractive benefits attached to THAILAND ELITE Membership are enhanced immigration and visa privileges. Membership confers the right to stay in Thailand with a Privilege Entry Visa as well as extendable 1 year stays without the usual need to leave the country.
Members will be granted a Privilege Entry Visa when applying at any Royal Thai Embassy, Royal Thai Consulate General, or Thai Immigration Bureaus in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Phuket..."

The Elite Card includes multi-entry visa as well?

Definitively something worth checking out but what you did not include in your quote made it all seem slightly less attractive (or maybe I'm just being paranoid?):

PRIVILEGE ENTRY VISA
To ease your travels to and from Thailand.
Perhaps the most important and attractive benefits attached to THAILAND ELITE Membership are enhanced immigration and visa privileges. Membership confers the right to stay in Thailand with a Privilege Entry Visa as well as extendable 1 year stays without the usual need to leave the country.
Members will be granted a Privilege Entry Visa when applying at any Royal Thai Embassy, Royal Thai Consulate General, or Thai Immigration Bureaus in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Phuket.
*This Privilege Entry Visa is subject to the Thai Immigration Bureau’s approval."

"

Definitively something worth checking out but what you did not include in your quote made it all seem slightly less attractive (or maybe I'm just being paranoid?):

PRIVILEGE ENTRY VISA
To ease your travels to and from Thailand.
Perhaps the most important and attractive benefits attached to THAILAND ELITE Membership are enhanced immigration and visa privileges. Membership confers the right to stay in Thailand with a Privilege Entry Visa as well as extendable 1 year stays without the usual need to leave the country.
Members will be granted a Privilege Entry Visa when applying at any Royal Thai Embassy, Royal Thai Consulate General, or Thai Immigration Bureaus in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Phuket.
*This Privilege Entry Visa is subject to the Thai Immigration Bureau’s approval."

"

I think you are reading too much into it that one sentence.

Before you are allowed to pay the fee for the card to Thailand Elite, Thailand Immigration has to approve you, which as I said in a previous post took 6 days for me, 4 if not counting the weekend (according to them it would take a maximum of 3 working days).

I find it very hard to believe that after you have been approved by Thailand Immigration, and paid the fee, that suddenly you would be denied the visa.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing Stanley78, the 8,333 baht a month may easily be worth it – if you can afford them – to avoid (costly) visa runs, which become more difficult in the future, and all the hassle with a legal long term stay when under 50 and not married (to a Thai).

In 500k why not u get 16 years visa as a Student? no nees to go out from thailad at all

because it does not look cool if you pitch up at the school in your Mercedes, well above retirement age, with a beer belly, flip-flops and your 18+1day year old GF and then, after 10 of the 16 years still can't spell "sawadee..."

;)

In 500k u can get 16 years visa as a Student? no nees to go out from thailad at all

Because thats not entirely legal... The Op has posted this as a viable alternative for those who can afford it and are under retirement age.

Others may see the need to use the cash for other reasons such as improving IT skills...

• Like 2

In 500k why not u get 16 years visa as a Student? no nees to go out from thailad at all

because it does not look cool if you pitch up at the school in your Mercedes, well above retirement age, with a beer belly, flip-flops and your 18+1day year old GF and then, after 10 of the 16 years still can't spell "sawadee..."

;)

because it is not cool if you pitch up at the school in your Mercedes, well above retirement age, with a beer belly, flip-flops and your 18+1day year old GF and then, after 10 of the 16 years still can't spell "sawadee..."
wink.png
No offence, KREMBOMOCA, was just kidding, 555...
Edited by TTom911

In 500k u can get 16 years visa as a Student? no nees to go out from thailad at all

If the main concern is how to get as long a visa as possible by using THB 500k, then Thailand Elite is not the best choice. Then again perhaps neither is a student visa.

If the main concern is how to get 5 year visa with basically no hassle at all by using THB 500k then Thailand Elite is an option. Not the only option, but an option.

Edited by Stanley78

Does the spa have unlimited usage for 5 year sounds great

The elite card is even cheaper then

Saving 800 k in the bank!

As I said in my OP, there is no free spa (or golf) included in the 5 year THB 500k Easy Access card, only in the 20 year THB 2m + 20k/year Individual card.

The elite card is even cheaper then Saving 800 k in the bank!

That 800k remains yours to use after getting an extension. I assume you meant retirement extension.

500k for 5y isn't bad at all, if it's guaranteed. That's the problem, one has to decide if you're ok with the risk of the rules abruptly changing and losing the money, as well as the permission to stay. For unmarried under 50's with cash it does seem like a contender.

There is another option.

Opening a sole trader company and having lawyers do the extensions. Cheaper in the long run, but more paperwork

The elite card is even cheaper then Saving 800 k in the bank!

That 800k remains yours to use after getting an extension. I assume you meant retirement extension.

500k for 5y isn't bad at all, if it's guaranteed. That's the problem, one has to decide if you're ok with the risk of the rules abruptly changing and losing the money, as well as the permission to stay. For unmarried under 50's with cash it does seem like a contender.

Indeed. For over 50s the retirement visa is in the majority of cases likely to be the most appealing if not at least the most cost-effective and straightforward solution over time.

For under 50s it is not as clear cut.

Edited by Stanley78