So the Thais aren`t so heavy drinkers after all

John Egil

Thais are absolute lightweights you might see some blokes drinking in the middle of the day but it is usually about 3 of them sharing a big bottle of Leo.

In the night time they are even worse, 8 people sharing a bottle of whiskey

• Like 1

What is number one in English?

I must admit ... I didn't know that one either.

It's Belarus ... near Ukraine and Latvia

Thanks for that,interesting that the top four are all ex soviet states,i once read than in ww2,the red army were not provided with fied kitchens,they were expected to forage for themselves,they were however provided with field stills,to make copious amounts of Vodka,and where often drunk when they mounted an assault,this may have lessened casualties as it may have been difficult to shoot them as they staggered hither and thither.

• Like 2

Thais arn't great drinkers. When Thais drink whisky you are lucky to taste it as they mix it with a half a shot and then fill the glass with ice and soda . I had a friend of my wifes over for a drink a couple of months ago who considers himself a party goer so I mixed him a double and he nearlly passed out. Rang the next day not happy.

Same with beer they throw ice in to water it down.

They drink often here but not to the same extent as the Irish, English or Scottish who would maybe knock back a bottle of whisky each or a dozen+ pints of beer etc

I don't see many Thais who could drink like we used to do on weekend pubcrawls...

I know many Thai guys (and a few girls as well) who can put down a bottle of whiskey solo in a night. You guys must have the wrong friends...

There maybe a few men but not many drink the quantities , I think you might be mixing with the wrong women if they can put down a bottle solo... It takes some time to build the tolerance to knock back whisky like water so your girlfriends have probably spent some time in the bars lol

What is number one in English?

I must admit ... I didn't know that one either.

It's Belarus ... near Ukraine and Latvia

Whats number 3? 4? and 8?

Lithuania, Russia and Hungary.

Thank you.

May be those doing the survey have not seen Norwegians in Thailand. Every single one i have ever met was drunk 24 hours per day, I do not think i met one yet who did not have a can of beer at any given timelaugh.png

I know many Thai guys (and a few girls as well) who can put down a bottle of whiskey solo in a night. You guys must have the wrong friends...

There maybe a few men but not many drink the quantities , I think you might be mixing with the wrong women if they can put down a bottle solo... It takes some time to build the tolerance to knock back whisky like water so your girlfriends have probably spent some time in the bars lol

You may wanna sit down for this one as much of this is going to come as a huge surprise to you:

It's actually possible to have female friends here who are not girlfriends. Shocking I know. Also, in polite company, when someone references a female friend of theirs, it's rude to suggest that friend may be a prostitute. From your comment, it's fairly obvious the sort of female company you keep, but I'm not going to come right out and call your friends hookers because I'm not an a**hole. For your information, I don't know any bargirls. As for the drinking thing, I guess I just have cooler friends than you. It helps not being a bitter old man

per capita consumption (15+ years; in litres of pure alcohol), 2010

9. Tjsekkia og Slovakia

the country called Czechoslovakia hasnt existed for at least ten years.

Over 20 years now. How time flies. Maybe a dubious honour but The Czech Republic usually comes out top of the beer drinking league but as they come out so low on this table, it appears that they're not huge drinkers of spirits.

You may wanna sit down for this one as much of this is going to come as a huge surprise to you:

It's actually possible to have female friends here who are not girlfriends. Shocking I know. Also, in polite company, when someone references a female friend of theirs, it's rude to suggest that friend may be a prostitute. From your comment, it's fairly obvious the sort of female company you keep, but I'm not going to come right out and call your friends hookers because I'm not an a**hole. For your information, I don't know any bargirls. As for the drinking thing, I guess I just have cooler friends than you. It helps not being a bitter old man

Pardon for jumping in, but since people you know are such an upstanding citizens why on earth would they be drinking a BOTTLE OF WHISKY SOLO?

You are right, your friends are really cool and there is nothing more sexier than a woman drinking bottle of whisky solo, she can not possibly be a hooker, because i do not think i ever met a hooker who could do a bottle of whisky solo and do her job, so your female friends are just a regular alcoholicsthumbsup.gif

Pardon for jumping in, but since people you know are such an upstanding citizens why on earth would they be drinking a BOTTLE OF WHISKY SOLO?

You are right, your friends are really cool and there is nothing more sexier than a woman drinking bottle of whisky solo, she can not possibly be a hooker, because i do not think i ever met a hooker who could do a bottle of whisky solo and do her job, so your female friends are just a regular alcoholicsthumbsup.gif

"because i do not think i ever met a hooker who could do a bottle of whisky solo..."

But I'll bet you've met a lot of hookers ;)

Another bitter old man upset that his friends just aren't as cool as mine burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

ok ,so your girl "friends" are just alcoholics that drink bottles of whisky solo

this isnt making your story much better tbh .............

That map you posted showed that heaviest drinkers were consuming 12.5 to 50 liters a year of the equivalent of 100% alcohol.

That woks out 37.5 to 150 liter of something like HongTong, 35% alcohol. For the Russians maybe 50% alcohol, 25 to 100 liter.

Of course if one was live through a Russian winter, they might also partake in a nip or two.