Interpol, Russia notified of Phuket murder-kidnap suspects

webfact

Interpol, Russia notified of Phuket murder-kidnap suspects
Phuket Gazette

1_20145161222197_hhsoYEmDLnadnlqUudFzkQL
WANTED: Aleksandr Novichkov, 58. Photo: Gazette file

1_20145161222197_bwqvaykDLptoleOQOdivken
WANTED: Oleksandr Boychuk. Photo: Gazette file

PHUKET: -- Police have notified Interpol and the Russian authorities to be on the lookout for the two men wanted for the murder and kidnapping of Russian national Alexey Slabinskiy in Phuket in March.

Prime suspects Oleksandr Boychuk, 44, and Aleksandr Novichkov, 58, both Russian nationals, are now believed to have fled Thailand by boat.

“We have not been able to locate the suspects,” Provincial Police Deputy Commander Arun Kaewvatee told the Phuket Gazette today.

“Wanted notices were issued to police throughout the country, but so far we have had no reports of positive identification of the suspects.

“Also, there are no records of either man departing the country either through an airport or at an immigration border checkpoint.

“The only way they could have escaped is by boat.”

Col Arun added that the Russian Police were notified as a precaution.

“We do not expect them to return to Russia, but we have asked the police there to keep an eye out for the pair, as they are now international fugitives,” he said.

Mr Slabinskiy disappeared with his girlfriend Iana Strizheus on March 7. Shortly thereafter, the pair told relatives in Russia that they had been kidnapped and needed money. (story here).

Ms Stirzheus was discovered injured and alone in a Bang Tao hotel room on March 16. After being hospitalized for several days, she returned to Russia on April 4.

By April 14, police had confirmed that a decapitated body found in Cherng Talay on March 29 was the remains of Mr Slabinskiy (story here).

— Chutharat Plerin

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Interpol-Russia-notified-Phuket-murderkidnap-suspects/29458#ad-image-1

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-05-16

Mr. Potato-Nose. I wouldn't want a free car wash from that guy. Wish immigration would have the right to refuse entry based on face. There is scum all over the world, not just in Russia, but nobody seems to be quite as proud of it and relentlessly indulging in it as they do. Why don't they just kill each other back home? What an effort, all this travelling, crossing of borders. The fundamental business, whatever it was, must have been worth it somehow...

• Like 1

Good to hear that these 2 russky secret IQ agents already are gone.

Hope never come back and they make a big campaign for more russky leave TH, if possible all of them. thumbsup.gif

Thats the guy I seen on soi 4 the other night he was going upstairs to the Oasis bar

Shhhh! If he hears you, he'll come back and cut your head off and replace it with a paper bag.

*** Wait a minute *** Dang! Too late!

Edited by connda

Are their first names Aleksandr and Oleksandr ? Is just a different way to spell the same first name or what ?

Like Lukashenko-Lukashenka, the Russian/Belarussian/Ukrainian pronunciation of the last wovel is halfway between an A and a O (in Romanian they also have a similar sound), so it might be the same name in cyrilic. Sometimes problems of identification might come from different Latin transcript of original alphabets like cyrilic, greek, arabic, Hebrew, Thai....

errr.... so the guy was murdered and kidnapped.... in that order ?

I have never really understood posts like yours.

The article is written by a Thai and then edited and then sent for print where it can be further edited to best fit a page...much of this process performed by people who do not speak English as a first language .

Why make fun of their work?

I don't know about you but their English skills are 10x better than my Thai skills...I appreciate the service they do providing local news to the expat community.

Edited by ClutchClark
  • Like 1

The article is written by a Thai and then edited and then sent for print where it can be further edited to best fit a page...much of this process performed by people who do not speak English as a first language .

I don't know about you but their English skills are 10x better than my Thai skills...I appreciate the service they do providing local news to the expat community.

@ClutchClark I'm completely with you on this. And another one is the way those ignorant of the Thai language (often of any but their own) are so entertained by the way some Thai words sound in comparison to words they know. Just one silly example being their uncontrollable mirth upon hearing Thais say ฟัก, or ฟักทอง (squash or pumpkin) because it sounds to them like the F-word in a language they understand.

@ClutchClark I'm completely with you on this. And another one is the way those ignorant of the Thai language (often of any but their own) are so entertained by the way some Thai words sound in comparison to words they know. Just one silly example being their uncontrollable mirth upon hearing Thais say ฟัก, or ฟักทอง (squash or pumpkin) because it sounds to them like the F-word in a language they understand.

My oh my, who would have thought that my little phrase would spark such a wave of righteous indignation from no less than two members of the Laugh Control Brigade (and probably the Thaier-Than-Thou Battalion as well) ?

One question though... since you guys seem to be so well versed in Thai culture, hasn't it occured to you that Thais are the first to laugh at just about everything, no matter how politically incorrect ? How they love to hear farangs desperately trying to correctly pronounce 'banana' or 'mussel' or 'egg' in Thai ?

My dear Hans and Josef, I think you need to cool down, break some wind, have a beer and a good lay. For the latter you will need to take off your uniforms and perhaps realize that what you consider to be your loyal support of Thai culture may well be just another form of post-colonial condescension.

• Like 1

“Also, there are no records of either man departing the country either through an airport or at an immigration border checkpoint.

“The only way they could have escaped is by boat.” I would wager they are now in Cambodia. A few well placed baht would insure them crossing the land border. Wanted Thai's always do this too.

Or, they could have just flown out using a couple of the stolen passports floating around Phuket.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Tuk tuk and taxi driver assaults, jet ski scams, murder and kidnapping! -- Birds of a feather flock together. So, why is it your friends and family want to go to Phuket to vacation???

Phuket, the hub of crimes bah.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So good we have a TV member who really understand Thais and can hear the difference in their pronunciation, and now everybody know you can write at least two thai words and even know the meaning of them, keep up the good work, I bet everybody here is interested in learning thai from you clap2.gif

These Russians are giving the Land of Smiles a very bad name.

No, they give Farangs a very bad name. To an average Thai, a Brit is a Farang and a Russian is a Farang.

I say ban all Russians!

I'm sure the Thai governent will click their heels, salute you, and follow your suggestion with utmost immediacy.

Tuk tuk and taxi driver assaults, jet ski scams, murder and kidnapping! -- Birds of a feather flock together. So, why is it your friends and family want to go to Phuket to vacation???

Yep! That's why I've had a house in Southern Phuket for nearly a decade, so I can read posters that know nothing about the province other than what they read from the Phuket Gazette! I'm sure everything in your part of the world is always crime free and without anyone who would try to scam another individual…. LOL!