Police Report For Fiancee..trouble

My fiancee who lives in Phetchebun has tried to get police report from Special Branch as a requirement for fiancee visa to the States. She called to them to have it printed out and they said come to Bangkok and pick it up. She took the 5 hr. bus ride to Bangkok only to get the run around for a few days. They told her it wasn't ready and to come back next week. Is this normal procedure? I have just started this process and already I'm about to get "Faranged". I'm thinking they might want a hand out? I'm not familiar with these folks so a bit in the dark???Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Please!Thanks...

They normaly don't hand out police certificates on request. I just went through the same thing and Canadian immigration in Singapore told me that the embassy of the country the Thai national is immigrating to needs to request the certificate. I'd contact the US embassy here and ask them about it. You may need a request form from them. Maybe it's even availible online from the embassy or US Immigration website.

good luck

cv

Oh...NO! Thats not what I wanted to hear....I will search thier site for the info and see what I can come up with.You see I haven't started the visa process yet as their maybe a small incident on that report that will cause us a heap of problems with the U.S. consulate.....this is agonizing at times...! thanks for the info!

I am preparing to do the immigration nightmare for my fiancee. And have found that to get the police clearance, we must first visit the Australian embassy and get a letter of introduction for my fiancee to take to Police hq.

Oh...NO! Thats not what I wanted to hear....I will search thier site for the info and see what I can come up with.You see I haven't started the visa process yet as their maybe a small incident on that report that will cause us a heap of problems with the U.S. consulate.....this is agonizing at times...! thanks for the info!

They'll find out eventually anyway. Since nobody knows who you and your girlfriend are, why don't you post the nature of that little problem here so that someone who may have had to deal with it can advise you if its something to be worried about.

cv

I am preparing to do the immigration nightmare for my fiancee. And have found that to get the police clearance, we must first visit the Australian embassy and get a letter of introduction for my fiancee to take to Police hq.

The letter you are referring to, from Oz embassy is a two sheet document titled "HOW TO OBTAIN A tHAI PENAL RECORD CHECK". When we went through this procedure in 2002, the policeman that dealt with us was not interested in the form, mainly because he could't read english.

Two of the requirements at the time were incorrect,

6 photos they only want 2 :

a completed personal particulars form:

They have their own, which the policeman filled out anyway.

I have reported these errors to my local MP and wonder if the forms have been ammended.

Reference to cdnvic..My girlfriend got arrested while working in a CD shop..the police report is in the process of getting translated as I can't figure out the exact charge. A lawyer who works in both the US and Thailand said the paper will be a problem as far as "moral terpitude" is concerned. My girlfriends boss of course paid the police to keep her name off the paper...so you have 3 or 4 employees taking the rap for the well to do boss all of which can't possibly be explained to the US consulate.The special police branch said it won't be a problem as the fine was paid.However I have to take that with a grain of salt. As far the US embassy...I can't find out anything about this report or if they in fact check themseleves. I was under the immpression the person who is applying must obtain the report????Anyway, I will be in Limbo on this for a while..so much fun...then again I will simply move to LOS if need be! Thanks for the replies all...

• 7 years later...

we did not have any problems with police report

your gf needs to go in person because they need finger prints

also takes a couple of weeks to get the report but it can be sent by post for about 40B

generally helpful and reasonably friendly staff, i would not advise trying a bribe