Over production of cars

The "Author" of the webpage also writes books about conspiracy theories. Certainly sounds like a reliable source.... yawn.

Wall Street Journal reports growth. I would say a more reliable source. Always the way in the car industry to build 'Just in Case" not "Made to order"

You have to log into WSJ so the link below refers to another article predicting buoyant growth in the global car industry rising from 82 m to 100m by 2018

Of course local circumstances may be different in Thailand but the opportunities are there

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/global-car-sales-seen-reaching-85-mln-in-2014-ihs-2013-12-16

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The "Author" of the webpage also writes books about conspiracy theories. Certainly sounds like a reliable source.... yawn.

How do you explain the photos of all those cars ?

how is it a conspiracy theory? alt=blink.png>

Ive seen large lots like that many times used as holding areas for cars waiting for shipping/distribution. Picture doesn't tell the whole story, and I see no evidence that those cars have been sitting there for years - they all look fairly newly produced.

Wall Street Journal reports growth. I would say a more reliable source. saai.gif Always the way in the car industry to build 'Just in Case" not "Made to order"

You have to log into WSJ so the link below refers to another article predicting buoyant growth in the global car industry rising from 82 m to 100m by 2018

Of course local circumstances may be different in Thailand but the opportunities are there

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/global-car-sales-seen-reaching-85-mln-in-2014-ihs-2013-12-16

“is expected to produce “

“sales are forecast

“we are expecting economic growth “

estimates global automobile sales will rise “

“The U.S. market should expand

“The Chinese market for cars should grow

show me the money!

What a bunch of crapcoffee1.gif

Edited by Asiantravel

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Ive seen large lots like that many times used as holding areas for cars waiting for shipping/distribution. Picture doesn't tell the whole story, and I see no evidence that those cars have been sitting there for years - they all look fairly newly produced.

ah yes but when the accompanying statistics shed further light on this story it's not so easy for the deniers to attempt to simply shrug off what is happening here by trying to ridicule the messenger as a conspiracy theoristgiggle.gif

Sales of new cars in the UK have slumped to a 12-year-low and production of cars at Honda in Swindon has been halted for a unprecedented four-month period because of the collapse in global sales and represents the longest continuous halt in production at any UK car plant.

Nissan has announced plans to cut its Sunderland workforce by 1,200. Thousands of unsold cars are stored around the factory's test track

Honda is halting production at its Swindon plant in April and May, extending the two-month closure announced before Christmas to four months. Honda and Japanese rival Toyota are both cutting production in Japan and elsewhere.

Earlier this week Jaguar Land Rover said 450 British jobs would go

ah yes but when the accompanying statistics shed further light on this story it's not so easy for the deniers to attempt to simply shrug off what is happening here by trying to ridicule the messenger as a conspiracy theoristgiggle.gif

Sales of new cars in the UK have slumped to a 12-year-low and production of cars at Honda in Swindon has been halted for a unprecedented four-month period because of the collapse in global sales and represents the longest continuous halt in production at any UK car plant.

Nissan has announced plans to cut its Sunderland workforce by 1,200. Thousands of unsold cars are stored around the factory's test track

Honda is halting production at its Swindon plant in April and May, extending the two-month closure announced before Christmas to four months. Honda and Japanese rival Toyota are both cutting production in Japan and elsewhere.

If someone describes themselves as conspiracy theorist, their statistics are not credible. Why do you feel the need to defend? Relative of yours?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

For UK, used to be that the Rep Company cars was changed at 100,000 miles or around 3 years.......... changes now is 5 years for a lots, all you need to do is look on something like Autotrader UK, for the Rep cars, many now 2009 and 2010 with 170 - 200,000 + miles,

If someone describes themselves as conspiracy theorist, their statistics are not credible. Why do you feel the need to defend? Relative of yours?

I am defending because to do otherwise is to obfuscate the truth as illustrated by many other news sources other than the one you tried to discredit through character assassinationsmile.png

1.Most of those photos are quite old.

2.Car storage for manufacturers is normal.

3.Annual world wide sales of new cars are about 45,000,000

4.Manufacturers normally carry 90 days inventory.

5.US at the moment inventory is about 116 days, giving some cause for concern.

6.About 10,000,000 cars stored at any one time around the world.

7.Not news.

I am defending because to do otherwise is to obfuscate the truth as illustrated by many other news sources other than the one you tried to discredit through character assassinationsmile.png

It's not character assassination to call someone a conspiracy theorist, when in fact they are a conspiracy theorist. Again asking, relative of yours?

I worked for Ford in Australia many years ago at the Broadmeadows plant. Their stockpile extended to thousands of cars at times but it had a life of it's own as it would grow and contract all the time. And that's with daily trains loading cars for WA and NSW/Qld as well as dozens of trucks!

Years ago in Good Old USA, there was a Guaranteed Buy Back Scheme..If one stayed under a certain mileage,and had book services done after 2 years or so you got favourable terms on a new ride.This was to reduce stockpiles,and suited Joe Average , Family Man. Seems to have dissapeared. Any Yanks remember this offer.?.

Years ago in Good Old USA, there was a Guaranteed Buy Back Scheme..If one stayed under a certain mileage,and had book services done after 2 years or so you got favourable terms on a new ride.This was to reduce stockpiles,and suited Joe Average , Family Man. Seems to have dissapeared. Any Yanks remember this offer.?.

Buy backs from Hertz are what caused the initial Chrysler meltdown. From there it only got worse for them

BMW's losses on buy backs 3 or 4 years ago gave them a puckered arse too

Edited by Woodsie888

Nice one 888.. Facts we can enjoy.But Hertz were Fords Rental and Finance back then, not Chrysler. So im miffed. Bramham Group had the offer on Caddies and that seemed O.K. .A Gucci one was about back then was the same price as a 3 Ltire Ford Genada in Europe thumbsup.gif

Nice one 888.. Facts we can enjoy.But Hertz were Fords Rental and Finance back then, not Chrysler. So im miffed. Bramham Group had the offer on Caddies and that seemed O.K. .A Gucci one was about back then was the same price as a 3 Ltire Ford Genada in Europe thumbsup.gif

My apologies Pop. Chrysler owned Thrifty. That's where a lot of their problems started.

Just crossed my mind that Cars that sell here for big bucks get scrapped in the World. Perhaps if they took rubbish of the road here a bit more,it would help trade generally long term. I had Alamo Car Rental in the States, think they were G.M. but not sure.thumbsup.gif