What Asian country has the lowest food quality ?

Sandman77

After I traveling one time to Mexico I was thinking this is the most miserable food I ever eat, but last year in Bali it tops the low quality top list with there miserable choice and quality fat crackers high prices even higher then in the eu maybe now cheaper of better exchange rate this year, also the size was very low always have to order 2 meals

In Philippine expat boards I read

The food quality is so bad , that some people not want give the meal to his own dog!

Visit some Korean restaurants in Thailand , many plates but nothing on the table and high price!

Malaysian food to fat espasaly in Penang kl better!

Vietnamese food I can eat maybe 2 times a month for me better then Korean

Number one for me Thailand

Number 2 japan!

For sure the tast of foreign food is not same then inside the country where it comes from !

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Philippines is poor, but there are also,some great foreign food places to eat in Manila.

Agree food was worst I've tasted with exception to a couple of places in the greenbelt, the Americans should have tought them to make a burger
  • Like 1

OK what's the worst Asian dish? Pak Pak in Flipperland. It's made from re-cycled discarded food from the trash cans of foodstalls, restaurants, homes wherever. Then made into loose meatball shapes and served in a soup. Don't forget to try it on your next trip to the PP.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

By lowest quality, do you mean hygiene?

Anyway I think Thai food tastes much better in Australian resteraunts.

unbelivable post, ok name 5 that are better in kangaroo land

I'm inclined to agree that Thai food is better in Oz, better ingredients, cooked in sanitary conditions, by Thai chefs. Of course you are paying at least 10 times more for it.

It depends, where you go. Even in Thailand. Better not compare food stalls with western restaurants.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I'm inclined to agree that Thai food is better in Oz, better ingredients, cooked in sanitary conditions, by Thai chefs. Of course you are paying at least 10 times more for it.

Plenty like that in Thailand, unless the op was only talking about cheap mama papa noodle and food stalls. Good thai food is incredible and not expensive

I am waiting for the 5 foods, shall i start, green curry with bones of chicken still there, hahahhahahahahahahahahah

I am waiting for the 5 foods, shall i start, green curry with bones of chicken still there, hahahhahahahahahahahahah

If I include Guangzhou, China, the food was dire. There was KFC but on principle I refused to order it. The best I have come across is in Thailand. As I get older though I tend to avoid the street stalls, seen too many rats for my liking.

you don't have the same taste like here in Thailand, because you had to use the same ingredients, which, if they are, cannot be fresh. Ever tried Homog with fresh Seafood in Sothern Thailand? Or Plah Nung Manao or Hoi ob Lom? or do we speak here only about fried rice pork?

For me, Singapore Chinese and Japanese are best. Those are my favorites for North and South East Asia. Malaysian and Vietnamese are next. Thai would come after that. Cambodian, Burmese and Indonesian are probably the worst, although I do like some dishes. The Philippines is pretty lousy, but I really like good adobo.

I like Indian too, but that's a different part of Asia.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

For me, Singapore Chinese and Japanese are best. Those are my favorites for North and South East Asia. Malaysian and Vietnamese are next. Thai would come after that. Cambodian, Burmese and Indonesian are probably the worst, although I do like some dishes. The Philippines is pretty lousy, but I really like good adobo.

I like Indian too, but that's a different part of Asia.

Take the best from all the countries you mentioned, and we have truly amazing food

Philippines is poor, but there are also,some great foreign food places to eat in Manila.

Agree food was worst I've tasted with exception to a couple of places in the greenbelt, the Americans should have tought them to make a burger

Have to agree. Adobo? Don't get it.

Have to agree. Adobo? Don't get it.

Best?

Japanese, bits of Chinese. But really, not much beats authentic, quality well prepared fresh Thai food.