May 18, 201412 yr My two months tourist visa will expire on May 26th and I just wanna know if I am correct in that I can get the 30 day extension at the immigration office (as opposed to having to cross the border)?Also, which office should I go to? It seems there are a few to choose from but some are still closed down due to protests? I am staying in Huay Kwang/Rama 9 area.Thanks in advance
May 18, 201412 yr There are 2 temporary offices you can use. See this pinned topic for info: Immigration services at Cheang Wattana now suspended
May 18, 201412 yr Major Hollywood seems to offer the fastest service. In the forum, search on Major Hollywood and you'll find directions there and information about people's experiences there.
May 25, 201412 yr Author So I plan to go tomorrow. Was planning on taking the bts to phothinimit and then taxi to major hollywood - does anyone know if that should be a problem? - I heard that ploen chit and chit lom stations are shut down but I suppose trains will just run through without stopping? Also, the immigration offices aren't affected by the coup, right?
May 25, 201412 yr The sky train is running as normal now. They only stopped doing those stops for a short period of time because of protesters. Immigration is open.
May 26, 201412 yr Author Thanks a lot. One more question though - what is the penalty for going tomorrow or Wednesday if the stamp in my passport says may 26th (today)..?
May 26, 201412 yr Overstay fine of 500 baht per day. Plus a possibility of them only giving you 7 days to leave the country.
May 26, 201412 yr I'm just back from Major Hollywood. They officially start work at 10:30 but at 10 they were already open. I did a 60 days extension for visiting wife and did all in about 1 hour. Overall I find the experience much more pleasant then at CW not to mention much closer. Edited May 26, 201412 yr by Jackie66
Create an account or sign in to comment