Increasing her social status by hooking up/marrying a farang?

ultimate weapon

you dont know a lot about Thailand or its culture do you, Most respectable Thai women would not be seen dead with a foreigner.

Despite the posts above, I'm inclined to agree with this post. Sure, there are notable exceptions but they're Few and far between.

No, I don't agree at all, before I met my wife, I have had no problem dating Thai girls, one with University degrees, one market girl, one shop girl, and an office worker with OK success.

Then again, I am slim, no tattoos, no facial hair, don't wear shorts.

what the heck has wearing shorts got to do with the price of bacon,,,

i wear shorts most of the time, yes even at work,, we get shorts from the company in iraq,, yes you guest it, to sit in the office so we are cooler,

you may not like to wear shorts but most of us do,

and i wont mention tatoos and facial hair,

what a pompus ,,,lol

Edited by Boo
edited flame
  • Like 1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes me laugh on this forum when people casually drop that they hang out with "Upper Middle Class Thai's"

What because they work in a bank or an office they're upper middle class lol

If the Thais in question are related to royal and or high ranking military personnel, spending spring at their holiday home in the Cotswolds and get their mail delivered to large regal apartments in a Chelsea/Kensington mansion house then maybe I'll believe you hang out with upper class thai's

You got your classes mixed.facepalm.gif

Back to class! biggrin.png

Makes me laugh on this forum when people casually drop that they hang out with "Upper Middle Class Thai's"

If the Thais in question are related to royal and or high ranking military personnel, spending spring at their holiday home in the Cotswolds and get their mail delivered to large regal apartments in a Chelsea/Kensington mansion house then maybe I'll believe you hang out with upper class thai's

Not really. Unless the poster was referring to the 'American' upper middle class

It's mostly some thai girls usually poor most likely to be a bar girl. She hooks up with some farang and instantly she's like a celebrity. It's also on a racial basis because not only is she better than other thais she's also higher up compared to other asians like japanese for example.

I don't get the Japanese Bukake thing,.,,w00t.gif

Edited by sirchai

A mid 20s- something short skirt, tats, piercings, dark skin, plate-face. Holding hands with a mid-50/60s something knock off shorts, strappy leather sandals (optional with socks for added effect), wife beater, burned shoulders, red booze face, bulbous ruddy nose, sweating oaf.

Pure class

Not really. Unless the poster was referring to the 'American' upper middle class

Upper class, as in mostly inherited wealth/position, no need to work for living.

Upper middle class, as in highly educated [,or at least well paid,] professionals with comfortable household incomes.

Your definition may differ, but the poster was referring to to two different classes.

As far as the type of woman you marry really depends on you ,if you are an idiot who believes that a good looking woman who you met a couple of days ago is in love with you and you are ugly as well fat and are on holiday flashing around lots of money in her bar then to be honest ,if she was just after your money more fool you ,I originally used to go to loads of bars and was told many times how handsome I was,but having a mirror at home I was not fooled ,eventually I met my now wife through business ,we have a 20 year old son , I am really lucky she was not from a rich or poor family,they never wanted anything from me that a western family would have wanted,love and respect,by the way ,the wife still thinks I am handsome even after all these years

• Like 1

BGs don't rise in status outside of their small social group of other sex workers from her village. She may be able to drive a nice car and go to expensive restaurants and fly on planes, but to every Thai around her, she's still a sex worker from a poor farming community in Issan. The farang's status actually drops to her level. Let's be honest, the old farang with the BG is an embarrassment to most Thais and farangs.

When you see a big bellied ugly Farang with an attractive girl, why do you always have to assume she is a bargirl? The thing is, the big bellied Farang has made it obvious that he has a very thick wallet.

It's easy to spot a BG but here's a check list for you:

1. no class

2. big bellied ugly farang with her

So every girl in the company of a big bellied ugly Farang is a bargirl????

if she has no class, it's highly probable, isn't it?

There's some extremely wealthy people who have no class, so it's a bit of an over generalisation.

I think the OP is very drunk. I have no desire for racists comments on bar girls, no interest on the good and bad of bar girls. What i do know is that there is no way that she will gain anything, with an old, fat, singha vest wearer, other than a few pounds, that he has saved with his winter fuel allowance

Well said, But don't knock a few pounds. Sterling's still alright. A few pounds is a few pounds. . . better than no pounds at all, and didn't you notice the other bigoted comments about 'intelligence'.

Pray what is intelligence?

If we want to be really cynical, a fat old guy, no matter what he is wearing, is likely to want less sex and die younger.

. . . and you never know. He may be very kind hearted and have a good sense of humour.

It's mostly some thai girls usually poor most likely to be a bar girl. She hooks up with some farang and instantly she's like a celebrity. It's also on a racial basis because not only is she better than other thais she's also higher up compared to other asians like japanese for example.

Honestly speaking this is quite a common and misguided way some of them see it.

I have no idea why you think that.

Most Thai's will look down on her!

They know what she is and where she had come from.

Also, generally speaking it is very easy to identify a bar girl however well she tries to hide her past.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by kjhbigv
  • Like 1

Many old and ugly farts with former bargirls and a baby. (of course no girl any place else would marry them)

Yea, because they were all born in Pattaya weren't they!

There will be a little more money for the girl, but she also pays a high price for the "improved life" with an old and uneducated man

Sure because old farang man never got an education in his home country did he!

Talk some sense man for crying out loud

An interesting opinion to be sure, but not one that I subscribe to. I prefer the path of "Live and Let Live. I try not to analyze why people do or don't do things with their lives. I live my life and let others do the same without my Two-Satangs worth of scrutiny.

I'm happier as a result and can work better on my own personal defects.

Keep It Simple.

Edited by Benmart

I think the OP is very drunk. I have no desire for racists comments on bar girls, no interest on the good and bad of bar girls. What i do know is that there is no way that she will gain anything, with an old, fat, singha vest wearer, other than a few pounds, that he has saved with his winter fuel allowance

Glad to hear you have no desire for racists comments on bar girls.............you like to keep them for your fellow Farangs, that must make you very proud indeed.

An interesting opinion to be sure, but not one that I subscribe to. I prefer the path of "Live and Let Live. I try not to analyze why people do or don't do things with their lives. I live my life and let others do the same without my Two-Satangs worth of scrutiny.

I'm happier as a result and can work better on my own personal defects.

Keep It Simple.

Live and Let Live, but still need to get up on your soapbox to spout your moral superiority here?

Edited by Payboy
  • Like 2

Huh? Japan is first world...Thailand is Third World (perhaps second).. I believe the Japanese would not put the Thais in a socially superior status. Also, Japanese, in general, are not really into mixed marriages. Of course, times are changing, and there are exceptions.

No comparing the two.

you dont know a lot about Thailand or its culture do you, Most respectable Thai women would not be seen dead with a foreigner.

Then i know several High So Thai women that must be dead on legs. Several TV female personalities are also married to Farang.

I doubt you understand what Hi So is unless you are a millionaire or ambassador or something.

Avoiding the Hi-So argument I get the Ops point:

Example in Hand from a flight attendant: Ex bar worker with her Western boyfriend / husband on a flight back to which ever western country he comes from.

Its obvious that she's an Ex Bar worker*. I'm told of some pretty shocking behaviour, these girls suddenly become Diva's.... their sense of self importance inflated though their latest relationship - they've jumped social status and are now being served upon by those who would otherwise look down on them.

*these things are easy enough to tell for many Thai's and indeed many Westerners who've been here a while.

I've heard these examples from a handful of flight attendants - some of whom in the past I've dated, others who are married to friends.

There is a section of middle and upper class society who deplore the behaviour and attitudes of those who behave poorly when having 'risen' or leap frogged upwards....

-------

I've been out for dinner with my Wife at a decent restaurant, only to be seated at a table next to a guy and his BG. She is loud, obnoxious and when he asks her to quieten down her responses is "I don't give a F$%& who can hear me"... we were mildly entertained at his discomfort, he even apologised to those around him. But, ultimately we'd gone out for a nice quite romantic meal and it was destroyed by the actions of one girl who'd been taken out of her 'zone' and had no idea how to behave appropriately.

(I've heard these examples from a handful of flight attendants - some of whom in the past I've dated, others who are married to friends.)

I bet she from Thai Airways. Most of them are Farang Hunter from middle class family and be social climber. Real hi-so family not that impressed or happy for their daughters be a waitress on the plane.

Edited by truelie

Huh? Japan is first world...Thailand is Third World (perhaps second).. I believe the Japanese would not put the Thais in a socially superior status. Also, Japanese, in general, are not really into mixed marriages. Of course, times are changing, and there are exceptions.

No comparing the two.

Nope, times haven't changed japan at all, exceptions aside. It is still a very homogeneous xenofobic society.

Glad to hear you have no desire for racists comments on bar girls.............you like to keep them for your fellow Farangs, that must make you very proud indeed.

Both comments are bigoted and "bar girls" in itself has become a racist idiom.

Bar girls means both, Thai, and anything from misfortunate to opportunistic.

I'll never forget, getting side tracked up north one day and found myself at a hairdressers, who also rented cars.

There was an absolutely stunning young girl, getting the full treatment. The hair, the nails the makeup and the clothes. Being readied for the bar girl life. By the family.

The look on her face, made me realise that being beautiful in some parts of the world is not a passport to the good life.

• Like 1

Then i know several High So Thai women that must be dead on legs. Several TV female personalities are also married to Farang.

I doubt you understand what Hi So is unless you are a millionaire or ambassador or something.

Avoiding the Hi-So argument I get the Ops point:

Example in Hand from a flight attendant: Ex bar worker with her Western boyfriend / husband on a flight back to which ever western country he comes from.

Its obvious that she's an Ex Bar worker*. I'm told of some pretty shocking behaviour, these girls suddenly become Diva's.... their sense of self importance inflated though their latest relationship - they've jumped social status and are now being served upon by those who would otherwise look down on them.

*these things are easy enough to tell for many Thai's and indeed many Westerners who've been here a while.

I've heard these examples from a handful of flight attendants - some of whom in the past I've dated, others who are married to friends.

There is a section of middle and upper class society who deplore the behaviour and attitudes of those who behave poorly when having 'risen' or leap frogged upwards....

-------

I've been out for dinner with my Wife at a decent restaurant, only to be seated at a table next to a guy and his BG. She is loud, obnoxious and when he asks her to quieten down her responses is "I don't give a F$%& who can hear me"... we were mildly entertained at his discomfort, he even apologised to those around him. But, ultimately we'd gone out for a nice quite romantic meal and it was destroyed by the actions of one girl who'd been taken out of her 'zone' and had no idea how to behave appropriately.

(I've heard these examples from a handful of flight attendants - some of whom in the past I've dated, others who are married to friends.)

I bet she from Thai Airways. Most of them are Farang Hunter from middle class family and be social climber. Real hi-so family not that impressed or happy for their daughters be a waitress on the plane.

JAL, Thai, JetStar - Not all are female friends, some are married to Thai friends, one to a Western Friend.

....'real-high-so' as if people are talking from a wealth of experience in mixing with those who run the country... I'm sure there are some on this forum who do move in those circles (in fact I know there are some who do). Ultimately, its irrelevant - When people are suggesting that 'high-so's' will not date foreigners they are wrong - as with any sweeping generalisation, I know one daughter of a Government advisor Married to a Westerner - Dept Prime-ministers and MP's at the wedding etc... they are in a very normal and respectful relationship and welcomed by the family.

Much in the same manner it's incorrect to suggest that all Ex. BG's behave badly once they're been plucked out of their difficult life - I'm sure the majority respect their own luck and fortune and behave very normally.

Now - The Occupational Farang Hunter - Not may of the Thai airways crew's could be considered that - These women are financially and socially independent enough to simply make their own choices - Western or Thai has little to do with their choice which in generally is more likely to be made as with any other normal and respectable relationship - its based purely on who they are likely to meet, be introduced to and merit.

The same cannot be said of those hungering for a better life - there is no financial independence - merit doesn't come in to the equation. And for some, as the Op has pointed out, this new life of plenty comes with some questionable behaviour.