Where I can buy thin gloves for scooter in Chiang Mai ?

Nonthaphat

Hi,

the sun is so strong this week and I have to drive 2 hours per day with my Honda Click through the burning sun. Does anybody know where I can buy some thin full finger gloves for bicycle or scooter ? I've got a bad sunburn and want to protect my hands now. BigC and Tesco I checked already today and they had only some cheap thai size ones which was to small for a Farang hand.

I hope somebody can help me.

Quite a few places carry cheap gloves

Right across the street from Suriwong Bookstore is that helmet shop

Also on ChangPuak is another helmet store about 100 meters from the moat

on right with a large selection

So many little bike accessory shops in ChiangMai

Just watch as you ride anywhere & you will see a few with helmets etc

displayed. Just stop in your sure to find a pair for 200 baht or so.

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

I just buy the working cotton gloves from markets or the cheapo sheds for 15-20 baht - been using them to keep the sun off for many years .. alway keep a spare pair with me on long trips as they sometimes go missing. They are available in larger sizes nowadays.

There are the cheap gloves sold in abundance at many of the local markets. Do not know what material they are made from, but I find them very comfortable and I have had one pair for over 15 years and still going strong.

The problem is that most of these gloves sold in the markets are what is described as free size. They just about fit my hands but anyone with very large hands I doubt they would be suitable or fit. They do sell the proper made motorbike gloves in the motorbike stores, but these intend to be rather heavy and certainly not good for keeping the hands cool on long trips.

You could buy some suitable material from a material shop either local if there is one or in the town and then find a clothes maker/tailor in Chiang Mai and ask if it is possible to have some gloves specially made for you.

Another option maybe worth trying is Robinsons in the Airport Plaza. They do have an excellent range of clothing goods in there, many are imported but be prepared, these items may not be cheap. Also it maybe worth seeing if it is possible to order some gloves online.

Other than what I have mentioned above I really don`t know what other options you have in Chiang Mai.

I use golf gloves for the same purpose...sun protection on the bicycle. I get the cheapest leather ones at the golf emporium at star dome, near the SW corner of the moat. Last a long time, look good, let the heat out but not too washable. Good grip. Many sizes but yes, more small hands here.

Most of the helmet shops sell them.

The backs of my hands burn too. Be extra careful in the coming rainy season. The sun is very strong between showers. Very easy to burn without noticing it happen.

Edited by BritManToo

There's a Yamaha dealer just around the corner from the Ram hospital,they sell lots of nice motor bike accessories and clothing so I guess they should stock some decent gloves.

Edited by GreenDZ

just to add to your answer...........www.helmet2home.com

• Like 1

just to add to your answer...........www.helmet2home.com

Thanks that is it wink.png

Also the one I mentioned on ChangPuak is called ZeroMet

http://zeromet.tarad.com/?lang=en

If you have bad sunburn and can't get your fingers into tight gloves you can make a (or get them sewn) rectangle of soft cloth which just covers the top of the hand and about half the length of your fingers - attach a tape at one end that can wrap about wrist (or Velcro strip) and a loop for the thumb to go through and a loop for the little finger. I had a pair like this for fishing made by Shimano. They cover the top of your hand but leave the fingers free and cool.

Found these gloves for 350Baht in the helmet shop (helmet2home.co.th) opposite of Suriwoong book shop on Sridonchai road. They had also grey/blue and grey/red ones if somebody is interested. Size from M to XL.

post-189718-14008053193017_thumb.jpg

Edited by extazzy77