A little straw poll: How many here come from a country

The US sure does. Just pay a boat or swim the Rio Grande River and no one seems to care. Estimates are that there are about 12 million of them in the US, working, driving..

Speaking of driving, some states even issue them driver's licenses under the lame excuse that otherwise they will drive without insurance.

But wait. It gets better. If one of them has a child born on US soil it is automatically a citizen. That passes certain rights to the parents of that citizen. Now, here come the entitlements for that new citizen and its parents. That will include a cash stipend, housing, food stamps and free medical (medicaid) because they are poor and the child is a citizen. The birth of the brand new child/citizen in a hospital will be paid for by the taxpayers and the child will get a valid US birth certificate.

What are you waiting for? Fly into Mexico and hire a guide.

• Like 2

The US sure does. Just pay a boat or swim the Rio Grande River and no one seems to care. Estimates are that there are about 12 million of them in the US, working, driving..

Speaking of driving, some states even issue them driver's licenses under the lame excuse that otherwise they will drive without insurance.

But wait. It gets better. If one of them has a child born on US soil it is automatically a citizen. That passes certain rights to the parents of that citizen. Now, here come the entitlements for that new citizen and its parents. That will include a cash stipend, housing, food stamps and free medical (medicaid) because they are poor and the child is a citizen. The birth of the brand new child/citizen in a hospital will be paid for by the taxpayers and the child will get a valid US birth certificate.

What are you waiting for? Fly into Mexico and hire a guide.

no they dont. if caught theyre sent back

• Like 2

Easy, the USA. The borders are like a sieve and the government doesn't care. In fact, they refuse to deport illegals and go so far as to release illegals into the general population that have been arrested for everything from murder to rape. So quit yer bitchin' about having to get a valid visa to stay in Thailand.

• Like 1

Bullsh*t framed question.

Thailand does not even allow foreigners to own majority of shares or buy land. Most of the work is forbidden, reserved to Thais only! Thais can work on any jobs in EU, no jobs forbidden from them and can own their own business 100 percent in EU. A foreign entrepreneur would get a business visa in an EU country without employing four other people. A foreigner is not also forced to report himself every 90 days in EU countries like in Thailand.

Just ask Russians how easy it is to start a business in EU. It is very easy, much easier than in Thailand.

if you cant answer the question just say so.

Thais are given almost automatically worker's residence permit in any EU countries once they can prove they have a job or can employ themselves adequately. They can setup multi-million euro company from the get go with 100 percent ownership.

If you can't make an unbiased question without an agenda, just say so!

that is false. britain does not allow just anyone from canada or america that has a job offer to stay in the country and work. if you cant provide truthful examples , please refrain from replying

• Like 1

that is false. britain does not allow just anyone from canada or america that has a job offer to stay in the country and work. if you cant provide truthful examples , please refrain from replying

Ha ha! Like France or UK is going to turn down Americans coming to work! Or Russians! Especially in London.

Thailand does not even allow to setup 100 percent foreign owned companies, so why you try to ask this question. The possibilities offered to Thais by EU countries in terms of visas and permits and benefits are much greater than the other way around.

Ha ha! Like France or UK is going to turn down Americans coming to work! Or Russians! Especially in London.

Thailand does not even allow to setup 100 percent foreign owned companies, so why you try to ask this question. The possibilities offered to Thais by EU countries in terms of visas and permits and benefits are much greater than the other way around.

in fact I have seen britain do exactly that. your claim is false. and like i said, if you cant answer the question posed, youre in the wrong thread

in fact I have seen britain do exactly that. your claim is false. and like i said, if you cant answer the question posed, youre in the wrong thread

You are trying to make somekind of case that Thailand is so generous but in reality it is not. If those freelancers out there would get the same kind of process than Thai freelancers in EU in case of self-employment, that working without work permit would disappear. Cambodia has all kinds of business visas for pretty every purpose possible and not many problems there.

Even illegals in EU get better treatment. Nobody is going to be denied of health care in case of emergency unlike in Thailand.

Edited by Sheryl
removed profanity

Do I need to spell it for you?! Thai freelancers inside EU do not need to second guess whether it is legal or not because they can apply for a visa covering freelancer work unlike any foreign freelancers in Thailand.

Edited by Timwin
  • Like 1

that allows foreigners to come in and live full time while freelancing or teaching without a valid permanent residence or working visa? How many come from a country that allows a foreigner to do continuous in/outs year after year?

People from European countries are allowed to go to the UK, live there and setup a business, there is no working visa required as they have the same rights as all other UK citizens. There are some restrictions put in place for a limited period of time when a new member state joins the European Union but until recently these haven't been very restrictive.

When Poland joined the EU there were no restrictions in place and a lot of Polish people moved to the UK to find work, study, settle down. They say there's about a million Polish people living in the UK since they joined the EU.

The process is simple. Just fly to England (no visa needed), form a company of which you own 100%, get a tax id in the process and you're all set to do whatever type of work you want. Or they just get a job like anyone else.

They don't need to leave the country at all so there is no such thing as a visa run.

This doesn't apply to non EU nationals and the process is largely reciprocal. For example the US makes it harder for people from the UK to go there and setup business so it's the same the other way around. For this investments programs involving large amounts of money are involved. Amounts of money which normal people don't generally have access to.

Edited by ukrules

that allows foreigners to come in and live full time while freelancing or teaching without a valid permanent residence or working visa? How many come from a country that allows a foreigner to do continuous in/outs year after year?

People from European countries are allowed to go to the UK, live there and setup a business, there is no working visa required as they have the same rights as all other UK citizens. There are some restrictions put in place for a limited period of time when a new member state joins the European Union but until recently these haven't been very restrictive.

When Poland joined the EU there were no restrictions in place and a lot of Polish people moved to the UK to find work, study, settle down. They say there's about a million Polish people living in the UK since they joined the EU.

The process is simple. Just fly to England (no visa needed), form a company of which you own 100%, get a tax id in the process and you're all set to do whatever type of work you want. Or they just get a job like anyone else.

They don't need to leave the country at all so there is no such thing as a visa run.

This doesn't apply to non EU nationals and the process is largely reciprocal. For example the US makes it harder for people from the UK to go there and setup business so it's the same the other way around. For this investments programs involving large amounts of money are involved. Amounts of money which normal people don't generally have access to.

and yet all these crybabies sit here whining about how thailand wont do it for them! lol

Straw Poll..

Who here comes from a country that offers no social services, or emergency medical, or pensions, or housing.. See ??

Second one.

Who here comes from a country that does not allow married persons to a local national to naturalize and become full citizens with full rights ??

Shall I continue ??

Straw Poll..

Who here comes from a country that offers no social services, or emergency medical, or pensions, or housing.. See ??

Second one.

Who here comes from a country that does not allow married persons to a local national to naturalize and become full citizens with full rights ??

Shall I continue ??

not me in both cases. but then I'm not whining about the lack these things in thailand either.

Try the U S. In California an illegal immigrant can apply for tuition assistance for college

yeah IF they were brought illegally as children by their parents and:

To qualify, the states that have such laws generally require the students to have:

1. attended a school in the state for a certain number of years;
    2. graduated from high school in the state; and
    3. signed an affidavit stating that they have either applied to legalize their status or will do so as soon as eligible.

hardly what I asked.

• Like 1

Thailand does not even allow foreigners to own majority of shares or buy land. Most of the work is forbidden, reserved to Thais only! Thais can work on any jobs in EU, no jobs forbidden from them and can own their own business 100 percent in EU. A foreign entrepreneur would get a business visa in an EU country without employing four other people. A foreigner is not also forced to report himself every 90 days in EU countries like in Thailand.

Just ask Russians how easy it is to start a business in EU. It is very easy, much easier than in Thailand.

If you cause a farang to lose face he tends to explode in a volley of profanity and turn puce. It's a cultural escape mechanism when they're out of their intellectual depth and sense the loss of face ... or will lose face when they attempt to make the next border run.

138f4440824e4a35edef839274a3fee4352a42ccCODSWALLOP! !!

Edited by Suradit69

how many countries, when married to a national of that country, does not give the right to stay there hasslefree for years (3-5) and than becomming a citizen with full rights as anybody esle

and from day 1 : can work , any job, anywhere, legally ?

that is my counter question ...

my THAI wife, lived a few years in my home country, got citizenship after 3, could work from day 1, but was pregnant , so she did not ... and after the initial bunch of papers, she never had to report ever again , specially not every 90 days and no yearly extentions

Thats great, so why dont you live there...end of hassles!

• Like 1

how many countries, when married to a national of that country, does not give the right to stay there hasslefree for years (3-5) and than becomming a citizen with full rights as anybody esle

and from day 1 : can work , any job, anywhere, legally ?

that is my counter question ...

my THAI wife, lived a few years in my home country, got citizenship after 3, could work from day 1, but was pregnant , so she did not ... and after the initial bunch of papers, she never had to report ever again , specially not every 90 days and no yearly extentions

+ off course she had the right to buy land/house in her name or start a company that would be 100% hers, if she wanted (or had the cash to do so)

so if you are one of those thai appologists, answer then why thailand does not return the favor ?

so start your own poll. this one is mine

If you cause a farang to lose face he tends to explode in a volley of profanity and turn puce. It's a cultural escape mechanism when they're out of their intellectual depth and sense the loss of face ... or will lose face when they attempt to make the next border run.

138f4440824e4a35edef839274a3fee4352a42ccCODSWALLOP! !!

If you cause a Thai to lose face, they come to your house with 10 of their brethren and cut you open.

Try the U S. In California an illegal immigrant can apply for tuition assistance for college

yeah IF they were brought illegally as children by their parents and:

To qualify, the states that have such laws generally require the students to have:

1. attended a school in the state for a certain number of years;
    2. graduated from high school in the state; and
    3. signed an affidavit stating that they have either applied to legalize their status or will do so as soon as eligible.

hardly what I asked.

True it's not what you asked. You asked how many here come from a country...

My guess would be 7

Unfortunately my country (Sweden) does not allow for that BUT there is good news. I took the time to research it a bit and actually found a place that accepts everyone.

*drumroll*

I present to you Svalbard, an Norweigan archipelago in the Arctic Ocean (population 2462). Having copy+pasted facts from various sources I can tell you that its average July temperatures range from 4 to 6 °C (39.2 to 42.8 °F), and in January temperatures are normally between −12 and −16 °C (10.4 and 3.2 °F).

Here comes the best part: Despite the fact that Svalbard is part of Norway, the Immigration Act does not apply on the archipelago. Everyone may, in principle, travel to Svalbard, and foreign nationals do not need a visa or a work or residence permit from Norwegian authorities in order to settle in Svalbard.

The only bad part is that even though Svalbard is a visa free area, since there are no direct flights from Thailand (or anywhere else in the world), the person who wants to visit has to fly via Norway.

At least now if someone asks "does your country allow that?" then you can say "no it doesn't, but Svalbard sure does."

While this entire post is in fact true, it is of course still meant as a joke. But if anyone here does decide to move to Svalbard do let me know! smile.png

Stanley! You are threatening to kill my golden egg laying goose!

I have just returned from 7 weeks in Longyearbyen, the capital of Svalbard and afforded by the fastest internet in Europe, I made an absolute fortune while I was there. So much so, I am not even bothering to piss about with Thailand's mediocre internet and just going to relax while I am here.

• Like 1