Were can I change numberplates on motorbike?

INV

I have a bike with Phuket plates and I want to change to Chon buri plates. I heard there is

some shop or something like that here in Pattaya and they can deal with it. Any tips were I can find one?

Edited by INV

Hi

yes its my bike last 3 years and I have the book and in my name

so I just want to change the plate as I think it will be easier

when I want to sell it, but not selling it now, just planning for the future.

I remember reading some shop doing this for me but cant find out were.

Try the Gov. Licensing office out by the Regents - they will do for you.

Unless the procedure has changed they will tell you to go to Chonburi Transport Office - took me 3 x weekly visits to complete.

The OP wants someone local to do it for him.

I can't say this is the answer but there's a privately run government vehicle inspection bureau on Sukhumvit, northbound lanes, north of Pattaya North. Got my purchased second-hand bike registered there. Don't know if they can do plates. It looks like an open garage, though with an official feel to it.

Try the Gov. Licensing office out by the Regents - they will do for you.

Unless the procedure has changed they will tell you to go to Chonburi Transport Office - took me 3 x weekly visits to complete.

The OP wants someone local to do it for him.

Four years ago, I went to Phuket, purchased a bike and rode back to Pattaya.

Once I had the bike registration transferred to my name, I went to the Chonburi L&T office

and had the Phuket license plate changed to Chonburi province.

Armed with my passport, greenbook and letter of residence, after they inspected the bike and

sent me to the 2nd floor to process for a Chonburi plate. Told to return _2-days later_ ...and they exchanged

the Phuket plate for a Chonburi plate. Incidentally, they kept the bikes original greenbook and gave me a

new one which showed me as the owner but omitted all earlier previous owner's listings.

Edited by LukDod

Hi

yes its my bike last 3 years and I have the book and in my name

so I just want to change the plate as I think it will be easier

when I want to sell it, but not selling it now, just planning for the future.

I remember reading some shop doing this for me but cant find out were.

Is this really matters then you sale motorbike which province plate it have?

It makes life more difficult for the buyer as they will have to either travel to the province the bike is registered in Or "move" the province of registration. Or find an "agent" to do this for them which is what the OP is asking about.

Sent from my V370 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes tax and insurance can be paid anywhere. But if you want to change the owner and or number plate you have the 3 options I already talked about

Sent from my V370 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

johng thats correct and that is the reason why I want to change as it will be a pain in the butt to sell it if i dont.

Paul3456 I will post here if and when I find a place that can help me with this.

Thanks guys

• 1 year later...

johng thats correct and that is the reason why I want to change as it will be a pain in the butt to sell it if i dont.

Paul3456 I will post here if and when I find a place that can help me with this.

Thanks guys

So have you done your business? I want to do the same. Anybody knows how much it will cost at Chonburi L&T office and how many days (visits) you will need to spend?

I have asked people at Mition this week and they can do this for me in one month for 1600 Bath price. But I have no possibility to wait 30 days.

Will they transfer payed tax for this year to new greenbook?

Kaoboi Bebobp I think thats the one Iam looking for, Thanks will see if I can find it.

I know the one he's talking about - I have to take my car there every year for testing before registration. I have no idea at all whether it's what you want, but the garage is located on Northbound Sukhumvit a few yards after the off-ramp heads off to the right onto highway 7. Roughly halfway between the start of the off-ramp and its full height. Only garage in that area. Hope that helps.

• 2 years later...
On 10/18/2015 at 12:41 PM, serge555 said:

So have you done your business? I want to do the same. Anybody knows how much it will cost at Chonburi L&T office and how many days (visits) you will need to spend?

I have asked people at Mition this week and they can do this for me in one month for 1600 Bath price. But I have no possibility to wait 30 days.

Will they transfer payed tax for this year to new greenbook?

I also got a scooter that is registered in BKK and would need to do transfer the book to my name.

Anyone have recent experience on the most convenient way to do this, e.g can Mityon actually handle all this for the 1600 mentioned in this thread? Or anyone have any other recommendations as doing myself really seems troublesome if would need to handle in Chonburi. Ideally would get Chonburi plate at if substantially easier or cheaper, would not mind keeping the BKK plate. Scooter is in Pattaya so take it to Chonburi or BKK for book change sounds too much...

On another note, does it actually matter if I would never transfer the book, just keep doing the annual tax & insurance on original owner name? Any major issues with this for small scooter that is used just locally for short trips.