Advise on what visa I need

I have been reading the forums about the visa crack downs and need advise on my own situation.

I am one of the oil and gas workers living in Thailand that have a work rotation of one month on and one month off. I work in Australia and commute to Thailand

in my off time to be with my Thai wife and our children. I have only been doing the visa on arrival because it is easy and I dont have to deal with the mess of getting

another visa. It wont be a problem to get a type O visa, my question is the number of entries they will allow me to have. I will make over 6 per year most are planned dates others

are for work classes that they make me do in my time off. Does the type O visa work with this kind of entry and would i need to get a special approval for x amount of days i could leave?

Or do I keep doing what I am doing as long as I have a return ticket and the funds in hand?

Thanks

The situation is still not clear, but it might very will be that you can continue the current situation as you do not continously live in Thailand nor work in Thailand.

To be sure a multiple non-O would be a good alternative till things become more clear.

With your rotation I suggest you get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage that would give you unlimited 90 day entries for a year. This visa is currently available in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof needed.

You could also get an extension of stay at immigration but it would be difficult to do with your rotation.