Ousted Thai PM Thaksin says martial law must not 'destroy' democracy

webfact

Buys elections, buys elections, buys elections. Get it?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Does he though? According to a recent study the Democrats spend more on votes that PT, confirmed by their own admission. You can ignore reality, but be careful, as reality may not ignore you...

what study..............please provide a link of a reputable source!!!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

. 100 years from now his statue will be everywhere, and noone will remember, Prayuth, Abhisit, Suthep, and the rest of the democracy destroyers.

Just like in The USSR , Iraq and North Korea wit their statues of Stalin, Saddam and The DL. All great democracies.

Except - Thaksin wins elections, wins elections, wins elections. Get it?
In Town, why don't you leave town, your hero Thaksin did!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

"The declaration of martial law is expected.... however I hope no party will violate human rights and further destroy democracy," the billionaire tycoon-turned-politician, who was ousted in a coup in 2006, said on Twitter.

love him or hate him, Thaksins tweet was spot on.

you reckon? Even though hes hiring his friends cambodian soldiers tocome here and shoot innocent men women and children? great tweet that!!! Convinced YOU maybe!!!

Ousted Thai PM Thaksin says martial law must not 'destroy' democracy

Correct, we don't want to start splitting job responsibilities do we, this is entirely his area of specialization.

"The declaration of martial law is expected.... however I hope no party will violate human rights and further destroy democracy," the billionaire tycoon-turned-politician, who was ousted in a coup in 2006, said on Twitter.

I hope the ICC can eventually use that line when they manage to get this guy in the dock for the slaughter of over 2000 people in extrajudicial killings.............oh and then there was Tak Bai.

• Like 2

The irony of this is wild, this clown has done more damage to thai society and its evolving democracy than any other individual. He bribed his way through his first election fraud and carried on throwing billions of baht into his own bank account. The end of the sin era is long overdue.

Just like they all do so whats new about that?

Here is wisdom:

A maggot can only feed on an infected wound.

They want to get rid of the maggot but they refuse to clean or even admit the wound is filthy and infected

you need to keep the maggot out or the wound becomes MORE infected and not possible to clean!! When the maggots gone THEN we can clean!!

Good to see him involved. He plays by the rules and wins elections fair and square. 100 years from now his statue will be everywhere, and noone will remember, Prayuth, Abhisit, Suthep, and the rest of the democracy destroyers.

...............are you being sarcastic or is that a genuine response?.....................coffee1.gif

Possibly hyperbole, but not sarcasm. I genuinely believe he was the best PM Thailand has had. I'm not blind to his flaws, but I'm also not blind to the flaws of other Thai politicians. Is he corrupt? Almost certainly. But is he more corrupt than others? Probably not. Politicians and soldiers and police colonels and generals in Thailand all drive Jaguars or Mercedes. Thaksin at least pandered to the poor, decreased infant mortality, and has been at the forefront on a cultural transition from the old feudal system towards modern democracy. Is he perfect? No. Is he the devil? No. Anyway, what I think doesn't matter as much as what the people of Thailand think, and they have said, over and over, that they prefer him or his proxies to anyone else on offer.

• Like 1

For Thaksin to make this statement is like George Bush (the Lesser) pretending to campaign for world peace.

When I read it I actually felt sick. I am all for elections and democracy--no reservations at all. But what mendacity!

As other posters have noted, he is a person with assets and debits, neither saint nor demon. Nonetheless, the very people that trusted him were betrayed by him. He did accomplish great things, but if his camp does not learn to 'play ball' the game is going to get bloody much sooner than later.

An electoral mandate is not a mandate for bloodshed.

Thaksin helped the poor more than any other PM, and he also hurt the poor more than any PM.

History, I am certain, will remember him with mixed blessings.

Yes, I have ambiguous opinions -- life is not a team sport.

Edited by FangFerang
  • Like 1

The caretaker government wanted Martial Law - it is the only way to have elections and stop the PDRC/Suthep/Fake Monk.

This is why Thaksin says its expected............. it was, totally expected. The only way to stop the Judiciary from protecting the PDRC was Martial Law........... now its in the Judiciary are powerless and the army can oversee elections. Was it Martial Law agreed over Skype ?

This is what Surapong said on the 16th of May........

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Surapong-voices-support-for-martial-law-30233791.html

"But they may control the situation to prevent violence by declaring martial law, which is not a coup," Surapong said.

"If martial law is declared, the military will run the operation to maintain security and the CAPO will not get involved. And I believe that if the martial law is declared nationwide, the election can be held."

and.......and.........you believe this bozo!!!!!!cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif.

Buys elections, buys elections, buys elections. Get it?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Does he though? According to a recent study the Democrats spend more on votes that PT, confirmed by their own admission. You can ignore reality, but be careful, as reality may not ignore you...

what study..............please provide a link of a reputable source!!!

http://asiancorrespondent.com/116697/vote-buying-thaksin-and-the-democrats/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/699209-vote-buying-not-decisive-factor-in-an-election/

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Vote-buying-%5Cnot-decisive-factor-in-an-election%5C-30225153.html

http://www.scmp.com/comment/insight-opinion/article/1407624/hypocrisy-thai-democrats

http://world.time.com/2013/11/28/thailands-democrat-party-is-hilariously-misnamed/

The irony of this is wild, this clown has done more damage to thai society and its evolving democracy than any other individual. He bribed his way through his first election fraud and carried on throwing billions of baht into his own bank account. The end of the sin era is long overdue.

Just like they all do so whats new about that?

Here is wisdom:

A maggot can only feed on an infected wound.

They want to get rid of the maggot but they refuse to clean or even admit the wound is filthy and infected

you need to keep the maggot out or the wound becomes MORE infected and not possible to clean!! When the maggots gone THEN we can clean!!

Actually maggots clean a wound--they only eat dead tissue. Disgusting but true. Read a science book.

Good to see him involved. He plays by the rules and wins elections fair and square. 100 years from now his statue will be everywhere, and noone will remember, Prayuth, Abhisit, Suthep, and the rest of the democracy destroyers.

...that is just so sad....!!

"...however I hope no party will violate human rights and further destroy democracy," said the man who instigated and sanctioned the extrajudicial killings of around 2,500 people during his so-called "War on Drugs" and systematically gagged and threatened the press and, thus, stifled freedom of expression, one of the cornerstones of a democratic society.

If only he would finally shut up and keep his hypocritical words of wisdom to himself, Thailand might yet have a chance to get out of the current mess.

• Like 2

...that is just so sad....!!

Deluded ...................... or just a silly troll. Ignore him George.

This post makes me smile-I love it! Everything you say might come true, especially the part about the Statues...you weren't trying to, but inadvertently allude to quite a dictatorial future - total opposite of the democracy your dear leader spews on about.

Sent from my GT-S7270 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

For all of you on here that troll and think it great to make Thaksin the hero, the guy who looks after the people and human rights. Take a look at this video uploaded in 2006 (you will find part 2 to the side of it on youtube). All of you that harp on about the 'crackdown in 2010', all of you that think Abhisit is the bad guy. All of you that live here and love this country, watch and see the true nature of this man, your hero. remember to click on the source and watch part 2. If you still support Thaksin after this, you either did not watch the video or you are the same calibre of person as your hero. And you wonder why there are 'problems now in the South'! See why.

Thanks Jim. I think we all need to be reminded of that horrible event. And its true that Thaksin was PM then. But its also true that was done by the military and not at his direct order. There are others that could also be accused in that crime, people more directly responsible. I hope you will also hold them to the same standard, as well as other politicians who have ordered soldiers to shoot people.

For all of you on here that troll and think it great to make Thaksin the hero, the guy who looks after the people and human rights. Take a look at this video uploaded in 2006 (you will find part 2 to the side of it on youtube). All of you that harp on about the 'crackdown in 2010', all of you that think Abhisit is the bad guy. All of you that live here and love this country, watch and see the true nature of this man, your hero. remember to click on the source and watch part 2. If you still support Thaksin after this, you either did not watch the video or you are the same calibre of person as your hero. And you wonder why there are 'problems now in the South'! See why.

Thanks Jim. I think we all need to be reminded of that horrible event. And its true that Thaksin was PM then. But its also true that was done by the military and not at his direct order. There are others that could also be accused in that crime, people more directly responsible. I hope you will also hold them to the same standard, as well as other politicians who have ordered soldiers to shoot people.

They were Muslims though weren't they? using violence,causing trouble again

The caretaker government wanted Martial Law - it is the only way to have elections and stop the PDRC/Suthep/Fake Monk.

This is why Thaksin says its expected............. it was, totally expected. The only way to stop the Judiciary from protecting the PDRC was Martial Law........... now its in the Judiciary are powerless and the army can oversee elections. Was it Martial Law agreed over Skype ?

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Surapong-voices-support-for-martial-law-30233791.html

"But they may control the situation to prevent violence by declaring martial law, which is not a coup," Surapong said.

"If martial law is declared, the military will run the operation to maintain security and the CAPO will not get involved. And I believe that if the martial law is declared nationwide, the election can be held."

The Army did not inform the government about their move, so get your facts straight before wining..

I can't believe he has the audacity to even comment.

Then again, at least his ousted daughter has retired quietly. She's shopping, and a new Numga-tit <deleted>-appitirat, self-appointed by Thaksin caretaker, deems all is ok. I'm keens on new changes wink.png

Another clueless, brainless idiot running his mouth and showing the world his ignorance. Yingluck is Thaksin's SISTER, and NOT his daughter. Why don't you take the time to at least KNOW what you are talking about before you post your stupidity for all the world to see?

No................you havent been keeping up with the new information have you boy?giggle.gif

Show me PROOF that Yingluck is Thaksin's DAUGHTER and not his SISTER. Not rumor or speculation or innuendo, but PROOF. If you can't, then I stand by my original statement in regards to my posting.

post-82655-0-48094700-1400577982_thumb.j

Edited by Just1Voice

...............are you being sarcastic or is that a genuine response?.....................coffee1.gif

Possibly hyperbole, but not sarcasm. I genuinely believe he was the best PM Thailand has had. I'm not blind to his flaws, but I'm also not blind to the flaws of other Thai politicians. Is he corrupt? Almost certainly. But is he more corrupt than others? Probably not. Politicians and soldiers and police colonels and generals in Thailand all drive Jaguars or Mercedes. Thaksin at least pandered to the poor, decreased infant mortality, and has been at the forefront on a cultural transition from the old feudal system towards modern democracy. Is he perfect? No. Is he the devil? No. Anyway, what I think doesn't matter as much as what the people of Thailand think, and they have said, over and over, that they prefer him or his proxies to anyone else on offer.

I think you need to delve into him and his family' past history some more......he may have appeared to be doing some good......but it was all a great facade....he's bad....and there's plenty of others the same, if only they could be exposed......

Winning a seat in the parliament here in Thailand, is likened to winning a free pass to extort.....uncontested and the gains are enormous!

• Like 1

You think this is an arrangement between Thaksin, the PTP and the army???

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

They have chopped the balls off CAPO/UDD

The people still have the right to a national strike by the way.

The senate will now be able to appoint a new PM and cabinet with no threats from anyone.

Your silly little quote from the lizard man was nothing but a twisted and spun response to Prayuth's threat of full military force if the violence from the reds using war weapons did not stop after yet another three protesters lost their lives. He wasn't predicting a martial law, I bet he is as shocked as anyone.

I am guessing that the fact the army caught a cabinet minister with a cache of M16s in his car didn't help.

"If martial law is declared, the military will run the operation to maintain security and the CAPO will not get involved"

Nope.... CAPO HQ was stormed and everyone booted out, including Lizard Man.

You are unknowingly celebrating a PDRC victory and you don't even know it.

Boy are we going to have some fun with you in the coming weeks.

I think maybe we have another one who has been out in the sun too long wai.gif

• Like 1

what would be great was if the army had his passport stopped and had international arrest warrants issued for him, that would go a long way to sorting out all the problems in Thailand.

Are you implying that the Abhisit government did not have international arrest warrants issued for Thaksin?

If they did not, why not?

If they did, why is Thaksin free to travel in Europe and Asia without being arrested?

As much as many of you revile the man, there is little doubt, if Thaksin stood in an election tomorrow he would walk it.

Sorry . . . that is just my opinion (edited)

Edited by Mr Yim

I am a guestin Thailand, Retirement Visa. But I have a Wife, Step-son and all her family I care about. I have helped four Thailand Children get a college degree and my Step-Son has two more years for an Electrical Engineering Degree. I have many friend who farm and they all deserve better than the have been getting from the Government.

So yes I have an interst as well, been here ten years and expect to live another twn, God willing !!

I really wish "Dubai Dude" would shut-up, go away or whatever it takes to end his control of the corruption. The Army stopped short of a "Final Solution" for this guy, he should consider himself lucky and shut up.

Jerry

• Like 2

what would be great was if the army had his passport stopped and had international arrest warrants issued for him, that would go a long way to sorting out all the problems in Thailand.

Are you implying that the Abhisit government did not have international arrest warrants issued for Thaksin?

If they did not, why not?

If they did, why is Thaksin free to travel in Europe and Asia without being arrested?

The Abhisit government Foreign Minister (Kasit) said they did, but then Interpol killed that when they said no such warrant request had ever been received by them. Then Kasit had to do a quick turn around and admit the Abhist government had - oh my gosh - LIED about it.