General Prayuth teases Tarit Pengdit

webfact

So now the country is run by a general that bullies the elected officials. Great. Its not a coup.

Was Tarit elected then?

He was appointed by abhisit, but nice try...............

that was my point. the original poster refers to elected officials in a story about tarit

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"The army chief asked for Department of Special Investigation chief Tarit Pengdit and when the latter stood up to identify himself the army chief told him enough is enough, stop it, it is already messed up!

Ok, at the risk of seeming to be too dumb to get the joke, but, erm, what?

The nation version is more clear:

Army Commander-in-Chief Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha Tuesday told Department of Special Investigation chief Tarit Pengdith to stop causing trouble.

Prayuth chided Tarit during a closed-door meeting with senior government officials at the Army Club Tuesday.

According to the source, Prayuth asked whether Tarit was present and then told him: "It can't go on like this. Please stop. Focus on working. Now, it has become a mess. If you want to sue anyone, sue me."

The Nation

but I don't think it is a joke...

Maybe it was a "you had to be there" moment but from The Nation's account it sounds like Prayuth was bating Tarit with sarky words to the effect "oh, and if you need instructions on who to sue next you can sue me".

More like a bullying put down than a joke - unless a lot was lost in translation

...well, isn't that the best way to deal with someone who has been engaging in bullying himself for several months...?!

It would seem from an earlier report that Chalerms house was one of those raided by the military today.

This was probably a follow up to the weapons found in a PT MP"s car yesterday.

No official reports of what was found but ...................well we wait and see.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"The army chief asked for Department of Special Investigation chief Tarit Pengdit and when the latter stood up to identify himself the army chief told him enough is enough, stop it, it is already messed up!

I'm with you. Mai Kow Jai.

It seems to me he's pointing to the endless, nonsensical hunting down of anti-government protesters by the DSI, when nothing at all has been done to hunt down the red shirt militants who have been causing mayhem and death...!

Is it nonsense when the Criminal Court issues arrest warrants for PDRC leaders - for murder in one instance? Or does the PDRC not recognize the authority of the Court while accusing the redshirts of being disrespectful of the Courts decisions? These anti-PTP protesters seem to always excuse their own violations of the laws by pointing fingers at PTP protesters allegedly committing felonies. And I thought the PDRC wanted accountability but apparently for themselves only by those laws it chooses to heed. When the Rule of Law is followed, there is no one right party.

...there is when only one party is following the rule of law, whilst the other party is attacking them with guns and grenades on a daily basis, and that has been clear to see for thew past six months...!!

• Like 1

So now the country is run by a general that bullies the elected officials. Great. Its not a coup.

Get your facts straight before posting.

Tarit was no more elected than NY noodle cart

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Is it nonsense when the Criminal Court issues arrest warrants for PDRC leaders - for murder in one instance? Or does the PDRC not recognize the authority of the Court while accusing the redshirts of being disrespectful of the Courts decisions? These anti-PTP protesters seem to always excuse their own violations of the laws by pointing fingers at PTP protesters allegedly committing felonies. And I thought the PDRC wanted accountability but apparently for themselves only by those laws it chooses to heed. When the Rule of Law is followed, there is no one right party.

It seems to me he's pointing to the endless, nonsensical hunting down of anti-government protesters by the DSI, when nothing at all has been done to hunt down the red shirt militants who have been causing mayhem and death...!

...there is when only one party is following the rule of law, whilst the other party is attacking them with guns and grenades on a daily basis, and that has been clear to see for thew past six months...!!

It's been happening since 2006.

Caretaker actually, when parliament was dissolved they were on a count down too bye, bye, or just another attempt to rewrite history as it has been with Big T saying he was the PM when coup happen no he was the caretaker PM who had just lost a snap election.

With all the misery that Tarit has been responsible for he can certainly handle a public admonishment at his expense. Too bad it wasn't video-taped. This is actually refreshing. We are seeing someone that is not Chalerm, who doesn't talk like Chalerm, and has a sense of humour ( unlike Chalerm ).

I'm sorry, I've been living here for 32 years. I guess I will never understand Thai elite sense of humor. It's OK, I don't meet tham that often anyway.

Prayuth gets my vote. Calm and calculated and well executed. It is about time he slapped a few faces and got these collective group of idiots under control. Good on him for displaying the leadership in a leaderless society. Lets see a few arrests, no bail and some elections.

Actually it was not the red skirts that started this. It was the little faci Adolf Hitler Suthep who started the shit this year. The armed forces has to end the comedy, that`s fair enough. They just have to hand this little insurgent in to the court-system and they will give him a nice little condo for the next 30 years.

No amnesty bill, no Suthep. Get it?

And when Suthep did protest the shameful amnesty bill, in come the Reds throwing hand grenades and shooting M79s.

• Like 2

It would seem from an earlier report that Chalerms house was one of those raided by the military today.

No official reports of what was found but ...................well we wait and see.

Let's hope the story stays active.

With all the misery that Tarit has been responsible for he can certainly handle a public admonishment at his expense. Too bad it wasn't video-taped. This is actually refreshing. We are seeing someone that is not Chalerm, who doesn't talk like Chalerm, and has a sense of humour ( unlike Chalerm ).

I'm sorry, I've been living here for 32 years. I guess I will never understand Thai elite sense of humor. It's OK, I don't meet tham that often anyway.

Too bad. They're a great bunch!

Let's hope the story stays active.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/727296-army-keens-on-seizure-of-assault-rifles-in-a-thai-govt-politicians-car/?hl=+army%20+keen

This report pretty clearly says assault rifles, and that the car in which they were found belongs to an adviser to a caretaker minister. But of course, it doesn't say WHO.

I guess you just had to be there to appreciate it. wink.png

And of course if you'd heard the whistles and drums of the comic sound effects machine going off you'd have known how funny it was supposed to be. smile.png

better a bully,like this who actually cares than the rabble afore

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

• Like 1

More powerful, intellegent, better organised and better equipped armys than the Thai Army have been overthrown regularaly around the world. And some were overthrown with seemingly unassailble support bases.

Might feel smug in Bangkok, surrounded by his and Sutheps fawning fans, but rile up the country and who knows.

Do well to remember the old adage, "He who laughs last, laughs longest" and as this is the first laugh of the coup, it's bound not to be the last.

Let the show of incompetence begin.!!

new in Thailand are you?. Won't happen. Sure!!

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Actually it was not the red skirts that started this. It was the little faci Adolf Hitler Suthep who started the shit this year. The armed forces has to end the comedy, that`s fair enough. They just have to hand this little insurgent in to the court-system and they will give him a nice little condo for the next 30 years.

Thanks for the laugh, now run along

• Like 1

Better than elected officials that bully the public or independent agencies heay?

Plodprasop called the public garbage because they cared for the environment.

Chalerm warned independent agencies not to "rush" investigations or risk being "attacked"

So the country is STILL being run by a leader that bullies.

Difference being is that Tarit deserves it.

The public and agencies didn't.

What's your views on the red shirts speaking of bullies?

People that only achieved their positions because of a military coup deserve to be treated with nothing but contempt. Especially when they do everything that they can to stop elections.

Edited by ThailandNoob

Better than elected officials that bully the public or independent agencies heay?

Chalerm warned independent agencies not to "rush" investigations or risk being "attacked"

People that only achieved their positions because of a military coup deserve to be treated with nothing but contempt.

Ok. So the govt treating the public and independent agencies with contempt and bullying them IS ok because they were elected right?

I am sure there are some white farmers in Zimbabwe that have not been murdered yet by their elected govt that would disagree with you.

That is not what I was talking about though.

You said the generals bully the officials.

I highlighted that the PTP did that too. To the public no less.

I nor you said anything about whether the general should be treated with contempt or not.

So to go back on point. Views on elected officials bullying the public and agencies?

The red shirts bullying farmers to make sure they don't protest in Bangkok?

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 2

hahahahahaha, tarit getting some of his own medicine, looks like he is now on a leash and will have to watch his back very carefully, coudnt happen to a nicer idiot

Speaking of Idiots. Do you think there was more leading up to it?

The nation version is more clear:

Army Commander-in-Chief Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha Tuesday told Department of Special Investigation chief Tarit Pengdith to stop causing trouble.

Prayuth chided Tarit during a closed-door meeting with senior government officials at the Army Club Tuesday.

According to the source, Prayuth asked whether Tarit was present and then told him: "It can't go on like this. Please stop. Focus on working. Now, it has become a mess. If you want to sue anyone, sue me."

The Nation

but I don't think it is a joke...

Well I hit like and I think it deserves a repost. By the time the forum gets to this point they will need the reminder.

The first thing I thought when I saw it is it is taken out of context. Thanks for confirming that.

Haha. About time that weasel got his comeuppance. Prayuth will surely enjoy the tease for a little while, I reckon.

So long as he 'teases' Supthep and company also wink.png

There is always one in every crowd; just once can't we have a discussion without Suthep's name being brought up.

The DSI has been used as Thaksin's personal attack dog for a long time now, good to see Tarit's ears

get pinned back a bit... Next up for ear pinning ?? Chalerm hopefully. Although I have a sense his

time in the spotlight is gone, and am pretty sure he will just fade away.

• Like 1

People that only achieved their positions because of a military coup deserve to be treated with nothing but contempt.

Ok. So the govt treating the public and independent agencies with contempt and bullying them IS ok because they were elected right?

I am sure there are some white farmers in Zimbabwe that have not been murdered yet by their elected govt that would disagree with you.

That is not what I was talking about though.

You said the generals bully the officials.

I highlighted that the PTP did that too. To the public no less.

I nor you said anything about whether the general should be treated with contempt or not.

So to go back on point. Views on elected officials bullying the public and agencies?

The red shirts bullying farmers to make sure they don't protest in Bangkok?

I am not a fan what so ever of bullying. But when one is dealing with people that have the power the government does and abuse it refuse to work for the betterment of all of Thailand it is unfortunately the only way.

The PTP has bullied us into this mess with their refusal to listen to what the people want. With there lying about the countries finances and when caught out claim it is OK if it makes people feel better. Mishandled the treasury to the point where they are seeking a 2.2 trillion baht loan payable over a 50 year time span and they don't have to be accountable for it. Not to mention that they had more money than any previous government because they transferred a huge debt off from the 1997 loan to the BOT.

Thailand is indeed fortunate to have a big enough man who is capable to bully them. He is a patient man he has given them time to straighten out their act. He should have done it when the red shirts started talking about separation with PTP Reps sitting there and not speaking out.

Now Thailand can start the process of reunification.

• Like 1

When and how was Tarit elected ?

As I understand it Tarit wasn't elected, but is an official under the elected government. So they could have sacked him at any point.

On the other hand, General Prayuth cannot be sacked by the elected government. He could, actually sack the government, in effect, with a snap of his fingers, by turning this episode of 'martial law' into a full-blown coup.

I am sure that some of you anti-Thaksinites are happy that the General has this power.

Just don't call it democracy.