Slow upload on tot upgrade possible?

Sandman77

It's technically possible for the ISP to rebalance an ADSL2+ connection for higher upload and slower download, but they probably won't.

You can ask your ISP if they can clear up the connection you currently have (so that it comes closer to your contract speed),

or you can ask your ISP for the cost of upgrading to a SDSL or VDSL connection package (both of these have higher upload speeds).

I find that the stream speed on my Slingbox fluctuates on TOT, 300 kps is watchable, but action TV shows or movies need around 600-700 kps and a lot depends upon the time of day your are streaming

But you are confused between upload and download for the Slingbox. You upload speed is important where your Slingbox is located not here in Thailand. Here you need a good download speed. Your Internet connection back home is uploading the stream, your connection here is downloading the stream

For instance I just turned on my Slingbox here and watched a snipped of Chicago PD, here are some screen caps

post-10942-0-16445700-1400727873_thumb.p

As you can see my Broadband speed test shows a pretty good download speed and a lousy upload speed , yet the Slingbox is reporting a decent 600 + kps stream. The picture is a little blurry in the screen cap but that is caused by the screen capture program not the US stream

So if you want to watch your Slingbox then investigate a higher download speed package from TOT, not an increase upload package

As an aside, Slingbox streaming is much better if using a DVR back home instead of live streaming, since a DVR will give the Slingbox a steady stream and not fluctuate like a live broadcast will

Edited by Langsuan Man

Hi there!

I try stream in both ways when I At home in good old Europe also from Thailand , maybe I miss the soap opera tv!

Stream works but often interrupts

The switching and changing Chanel's of slingbox is a nightmare

Some provider close the sling port!

Better solution would be installed a open web interface and controll dreambox directly

Must be supporter and configured by the router and both sides Iam not exactly sure how I make the configuration

Simple enter the dreambox ip is not enough

At home I have a diseq motor and can controll the dish from here over 12000 tv channels avalible to stream

Hi there!

I try stream in both ways when I At home in good old Europe also from Thailand , maybe I miss the soap opera tv!

Stream works but often interrupts

The switching and changing Chanel's of slingbox is a nightmare

Some provider close the sling port!

Better solution would be installed a open web interface and controll dreambox directly

Must be supporter and configured by the router and both sides Iam not exactly sure how I make the configuration

Simple enter the dreambox ip is not enough

At home I have a diseq motor and can controll the dish from here over 12000 tv channels avalible to stream

Your question was about TOT and upload speed. Which was answered.

Sorry, I can't help you with all the other problems, just like I can't guess what model Slingbox you are using, what version of the software, or whether or not you are Slinging via the web site or directly from your Slingbox

I would suggest that you go to this web site that has a lot more information on setting up various models of the Slingbox, with various other television sources

http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/

Optimization on ADSL is very important. Most people fixate on download speeds and forget that TCP/IP needs to send ”ack” (acknowledge) that the TCP/IP packets have arrived.

I can have 10000000mbit down and 1 up. If the 1 up is over 70% load (for example uploading something to Dropbox) download will stop working even if I have millions of mbit free.

ADSL optimization is something that the ISP can do remote. They have program for it that send TCP/IP packages and see packet loss.
Lets say you have 16:1 ADSL. Optimized it often will work better with 14:2.

I have no idea how to explain this to a Thai ISP :) ”please check and optimize the ADSL line"

BTW: Its important to have a good DNS. If you use tunneling/VPN it will decrease speed. In Farang land I have fiber 1000:1000mbit and get 20Kbit against dropbox thanks to unblock-us DNS.

GoogleDNS is the fastest DNS. (if you don’t mind Google knowing everything you do on the net) 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Optimization on ADSL is very important. Most people fixate on download speeds and forget that TCP/IP needs to send ”ack” (acknowledge) that the TCP/IP packets have arrived.

I can have 10000000mbit down and 1 up. If the 1 up is over 70% load (for example uploading something to Dropbox) download will stop working even if I have millions of mbit free.

ADSL optimization is something that the ISP can do remote. They have program for it that send TCP/IP packages and see packet loss.

Lets say you have 16:1 ADSL. Optimized it often will work better with 14:2.

I have no idea how to explain this to a Thai ISP smile.png ”please check and optimize the ADSL line"

BTW: Its important to have a good DNS. If you use tunneling/VPN it will decrease speed. In Farang land I have fiber 1000:1000mbit and get 20Kbit against dropbox thanks to unblock-us DNS.

GoogleDNS is the fastest DNS. (if you don’t mind Google knowing everything you do on the net) 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Do you know anything about a Slingbox and how it works ?

Thx for input!

In farang land I have 100 Mbit cable line and a Ping of 20

There are many thinks I try to explain Thaiworkers for example to Donner a ongle streight into the Wood , instead of angular!

Also When i Tell how to do , this Information Never reach the Brain , Same like s lost data Package

Slingbox.com

Setup a Acount

Buy 2 slingbox , One for your home

One for receive in smiling Thailand and Here we go

You need no VPN and nobody can you

Block something by ip!

I called this programm choice total fredom!

The only problem fast upload in Europe is expensive 80€ a month!

And cable tv fees of 15€

You don't need a VPN because Sling uses a proprietary codec for "slinging". You do not need a Sling box to view a stream, just a computer with the software installed. You use two because you want to stream from Thailand when you are in Europe, and stream from Europe when you are in Thailand

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app