Phaya Thai express rail link to Suvarnabhumi ?

Alfa

Hi, this sunday 25th of may I have a flight to Europe. I am arriving to Sai Thai Mai Bus Terminal at 6 o'clock in the morning. I have to be at Suvarn at 09:00 am. I've heard that taxi takes long time , maybe 3-4 hours because of the traffic at the airport ( control of vehicles,,,, Martial Law ) . If I take express link from Phaya Thai or Makkasan to Airport than I don't miss my plane. Does that link still there ? Do you know it ? And how shall I come to Phaya Thai or Makkasan from The Sai Thai Mai Bus Terminal quickest way ? Do you have any experience ? How is the traffic there on a Sunday Morning ? Thanks a lot for help. Cheers.

Honestly, I'd recommend you just take a taxi via the outer ring road all the way to the airport, it might be more expensive than the train but it you will be a lot less stressed out. It will definitely take you less than 3 hours

Edited by anantha92

It can take more than 3 hours to the Airport, ( nobody knows how long does it take ) because of the Control-Stop at the outside of the Airport-Area by Thai Military. Probably when you arrive by train, they let the foreigners go immediately. I think.

The express line does not leave so often, but the city line is only a little longer and leaves in 15 minute intervals. There's an Android app Bangkok ARL that shows when the trains leave and expected arrival. You can select the city line or express line. Express line on the weekends is showing as leaving Phaya Thai on the hour, then at the airport at 19 minutes after the hour. So if you couldn't make the 7AM express train, the next would be 8AM. The city line is showing as leaving 6:32AM, 6:47, 7:02, 7:17, 7:32, 7:47, etc. so plenty of options. The 6:47AM is showing as arriving at 7:13AM, so 26 minutes.

From Makhasan, it is showing 22 minutes, so not much shorter.

Note that the Express service from Phaya Thai to Suvarnabhumi was curtailed as of 14 April 2014 for one or two years. But the City Line service remains and should suffice.

http://www.srtet.co.th/en/

A taxi around the outer ring road should be fine at that early hour on a Sunday, or even straight into town to Phaya Thai SARL or to join the motorway to the airport.